Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
It's been a great run, but this site just isn't worth the cost of keeping it up anymore. It will remain open through to the end of the month.

Thanks for a great run!

[One and Only] Graveyard card balance discussion

GiorgakisGiorgakis Member Posts: 3,280
edited August 19 in Card Balance Discussion
Graveyard is so easy to counter now. Since the Skeletons now spawn too far away from the Crown Towers, it is too easy to stop it. So I have a rework for it.

The main change of it is that the spawn pattern of the Graveyard is changed. Currently all Skeletons are spawned in the 16 furthest tiles of the circle which are those at the perimeter. This rework will move some of the Skeletons to the inside of the circle. In particular, the new spawn pattern will look like this:

b9ws91tmkhgl.png

The tiles that will spawn the Skeletons are the ones that are marked in red.

If one of the tiles is already occupied by the wall or a building, the the Skeleton that is spawn in an occupied tile will spawn in the closest unoccupied tile. There is still a chance that one tile can spawn multiple Skeletons.

I was also thinking about making the order of which tile will spawn first but I do not know which order to choose. Leave down ideas for that one.

This will make the Graveyard a lot more dangerous than it is, harder to counter and with the latter change, RNG is gone from it.

What do you think about it. Will it be overpowered?
m9x13ahnee1c.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here

This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Moderator Posts: 2,384
    RNG was removed from GY a while ago.

It's a card that destroys certain matchups but has no chance against others, hence the low use rate. I don't think it's underpowered, but it has a lot of counters prevalent in the meta
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Moderator Posts: 1,462
    edited July 29
    MasterCal wrote: »

It's a card that destroys certain matchups but has no chance against others, hence the low use rate. I don't think it's underpowered, but it has a lot of counters prevalent in the meta

Was it RnG they removed?.. or was it their chances to spawn at areas besides the corner of the radius? Since i'm with Giorgakis here, on the part of how current GY works. From what i remember, it is the exact same as what he wrote at the first 2 lines in the 2nd paragraph.

However, i agree with you on the current situation of Graveyard right now. Graveyard can dominate againts off-META decks (current) due to their lack of counters, which doesn't rule out Graveyard from being viable in ladder. Plus, with the right cards and strategy, high level Graveyard is unnecessary. In paper, this would make Graveyard a high tier archetype in ladder. This could be fulfilled in reality if only Graveyard had more popularity.

To the OP, imo your suggestion would make Graveyard too strong for the game. As it seems to guarantee damage everytime you place it, no matter what reasonable counters the opponents had. But i'm with your idea of removing the RnG aspect of the card (despite not being a critical problem anymore, but still a flaw). I think the pattern should be clock-wise, seen from your side. The first 9 Skeletons should spawn at the furthest tile of the spell radius, then the next 4 Skeletons spawns a tile closer to the center from the last position, and finally the rest spawns 2 or 3 tiles closer to the center from the first position*. Easier to react, Deadlier when ignored.

*Interaction to occupied spaces same as what you suggested above
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Member Posts: 3,280
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    MasterCal wrote: »

Was it RnG they removed?.. or was it their chances to spawn at areas besides the corner of the radius? Since i'm with Giorgakis here, on the part of how current GY works. From what i remember, it is the exact same as what he wrote at the first 2 lines in the 2nd paragraph.

However, i agree with you on the current situation of Graveyard right now. Graveyard can dominate againts off-META decks (current) due to their lack of counters, which doesn't rule out Graveyard from being viable in ladder. Plus, with the right cards and strategy, high level Graveyard is unnecessary. In paper, this would make Graveyard a high tier archetype in ladder. This could be fulfilled in reality if only Graveyard had more popularity.

To the OP, imo your suggestion would make Graveyard too strong for the game. As it seems to guarantee damage everytime you place it, no matter what reasonable counters the opponents had. But i'm with your idea of removing the RnG aspect of the card (despite not being a critical problem anymore, but still a flaw). I think the pattern should be clock-wise, seen from your side. The first 9 Skeletons should spawn at the furthest tile of the spell radius, then the next 4 Skeletons spawns a tile closer to the center from the last position, and finally the rest spawns 2 or 3 tiles closer to the center from the first position*. Easier to react, Deadlier when ignored.

*Interaction to occupied spaces same as what you suggested above

Seems that it would work. Although having an image of the new pattern is extremely convenient.

Speaking of Graveyard RNG, when it was obtainable back in 2016 it had 2 types of RNG. And those where:

The placement RNG (The Skeletons would spawn in random tiles) and
    The timing RNG (The Skeletons would spawn in a random order)

The last rework removed the first RNG but the second one still remained and it was a little easier to spot actually. This is why I suggested a fixed order and yours seem to work.
    m9x13ahnee1c.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here

This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest