Look who managed to make their way back into the Forums
I managed to finally
make a new card after all these months, and it is huge. Not just by the size of it, but it could potentially change the entire game and it's meta.
Here it is... behold... the mighty Battle Blimp!
Battle Blimp - 9 Elixir - Legendary
Hit Points - 2312
Damage Per Second - 110
Area Damage - 88
Splash Damage Radius - 1.5 tiles
Hit Speed - 0.8 seconds
Range - Melee
Targets - Buildings
Spawns - PEKKA (Level 1)
Speed - Slow
Deploy Time - 2 seconds
PEKKA Level 1
Hit Points - 2600
Damage Per Second - 283
Damage - 510
Hit Speed - 1.8sec
Deploy Time - 1 second (Hidden)
- The Blimp automatically drops bombs, even if there is nothing there; leaving a line of area denial on its way to buildings and towers.
- The PEKKA has a hidden 1 second deploy time to ensure that, once dropped, she doesn't instantly go slaying at the tower. There will be time to distract beforehand.
- The PEKKA will drop as soon as the Blimp hits it's first building or tower, or if it dies first.
- The Battle Blimp is the heaviest air unit in the game, and is capable of pushing anything with ease. It also stops it from being pushed away from buildings as easily.
- The Tornado cannot
pull this card. It will only immobilise it for the 2.5 seconds it lasts for.
OP I hear you all say? Let me go over a couple of things that at least redeems this card for being balanced.
The concept of the card is to be a flying tank, carrying a melee glass cannon; an idea I had been inspired from another game. When I first thought of the idea, it would have been sensible to try out the Mini Tanks first. My first test subject was an Elite Barbarian
, followed by the Mini PEKKA
, which worked wonders in taking on an Arena Tower; but when it came to facing the King, having him and another Arena Tower attacking at the same time became harder to judge than it looked.
I needed to think bigger. From the tests that I had managed, only PEKKA shone through to be devastating enough to destroy the King single handedly, but at least defendable. The reason I didn't go for a level 4 PEKKA though was because although it killed the tower in a similar time, it would have way
too much HP left over.
In the finished product, providing that the Battle Blimp is ignored (not that you would want to ignore it), PEKKA finished the game with 654hp remaining.
The other 9 elixir card, which I'm sure you're all familiar with, is the 3 Musketeers. They are capable of wiping out the Arena Tower and the King Tower in 25.2 seconds because of their raw power. The Battle Blimp will manage to take on both towers in 33.2 seconds, and is likely to be the main attraction in panic mode moments in the meantime.
- Pull the Blimp with a building to the middle, where both towers can fire. It should bring the Blimp down low enough to deal with the PEKKA as normal.
- Pull the Blimp into a close building and deploy the PEKKA early. Then pull him away from the Blimp and deal with them separately.
- Brute force is also a solid option. If you have the troops, it is possible to take on the Blimp and the PEKKA in one go, but watch out for counterpushes in the other lane.
Hope you all enjoyed this one, and look forward to seeing me again in the future... if you'll ever see me again.