Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Forum Rules Explanations and Q&A

ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
edited January 20 in Forum Rules
Hello Forum Community.

As you must know, rules and regulations are needed everywhere to keep a place stable and in order, including this forum. As you've registered in the forums you must've already read the Forum Rules. If you didn't, then do so quickly.

This thread is meant to describe and clarify every forum rule in these forums. From here, There will be seperate posts clarifying each rule one by one. So, scroll down below for the explanations and clarifications of all Forum Rules
MasterCalLog_User01Pikasperdude2050
j37luq7sz2x7.png
Zygarde
Community Royale Moderator
Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
#BunTheMuds
«1

Comments

  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    1. Any type of rudeness, insults to a person or group of people, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame or inflammatory posts shall not be tolerated. Any abuse or displeasing comments towards a forum member or staff is strictly forbidden as well. However, the staff will always have the final decision of what breaks this rule and what doesn't.

    This rule clarifies that any type of rudeness or swearing, trying to name & shame a member or staff or any purposeful inflammatory posts are STRICTLY forbidden. This includes any type of inflammatory swearing or rudeness. The staff members have the final right to decide the punishments for such acts.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Am I allowed to call someone stupid or idiotic?
    Ans: No, you aren't. This rule states that anything inflammatory towards a member or staff can not be tolerated and is strictly forbidden.

    2. A person does something really dumb, am I allowed to troll them or act rude towards them?
    Ans: No, you cannot. If a person does something you do not like, simply tell them and be polite towards them.

    3. Can I make a friendly joke about someone?
    Ans: Sure, as long as the person thinks it is friendly. Ask that person first.

    4. Am I allowed to insult a staff member for their decisions?
    Ans: Definitely not. Insults towards anyone, including staff members, are definitely forbidden according to this rule. If you disagree with a staff member, politely say so.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited March 12
    Zygarde wrote: »
    2. Community Royale is a family-friendly forum for all ages above 13. Hence any type of inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language shall not be tolerated. This includes simulated, insinuated, abbreviated or censored swearing. Staff members always have the final say in what is and isn't inappropriate. However, this rule is an exception in RAGE subforum, where you WILL be allowed to use swear words. BUT, even in the RAGE subforum, posting inappropriate or sexual content is still forbidden.

    This is a family friendly forum intended for people of all ages above 13. And this rule firmly states that any type of swearing or inappropriate, sexual, vulgar content, discriminatory or offensive language of all sorts are strictly forbidden in these forums. This includes simulated and censored swearing. This rule can only be broken in the RAGE subforum. However, even in there, sexual or inappropriate content cannot be posted.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I rant and post swear words?
    Ans: No, you cannot. Ranting and swearing is only allowed in RAGE!

    2. I am in the RAGE subforum, can I post swear words targeted towards a member / staff?
    Ans: No, definitely not. Even in RAGE subforum, targeted swearing is not allowed.

    3. Can I post censored swear words like in the old cartoons?
    Ans: Definitely not, unless it's in the RAGE subforum.

    4. Can I post casual swear words in the RAGE subforum?
    Ans: Yes, you can do that.

    5. Can I post abbreviated swear words?
    Ans. Definitely not, unless it's in the RAGE subforum. Anybody can look up what an abbreviation means.

    6. Can I post sexual, racist, sexist, or toxic comments in RAGE?
    Ans: No, nothing innapropriate aside from swearing is allowed in RAGE!
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited March 9
    Zygarde wrote: »
    3. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase post count or for any purpose is not allowed. So, you must refrain from posting spam. Posting anything that does not go with the thread's topic is not allowed. Also, posting in a row while yours is the last post is also forbidden. If you must add something new, use the edit feature. Do not post anything that is spam or nonsense. Constructive replies that add to the thread's topic, however, are always welcomed. Spamming or misusing the profile mention feature is also considered a breach of this rule.

    This rule states that spamming or posting the same thing over and over to increase post count is forbidden. It also includes continuous posting of useless one-liner comments. However, multiple posting might be allowed if the replies are constructive and add to the thread / topic. The staff members get the final say on what is or isn't constructive. Spamming the mention system is also a breach of this rule.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Am I allowed to post useless one-liner comments on multiple threads to increase post count?
    Ans: No, you cannot.

    2. Can I spam useless words or characters everywhere to increase post count?
    Ans; Definitely not, that is strictly forbidden.

    3. Can I post a one-liner, but constructive comment?
    Ans: Yes, if you are really sure it is constructive.

    4. Can I try to avoid the mods and keep posting in multiple places just to increase post count?
    Ans: Absolutely not. Doing so will result in you getting a strict punishment.

    5. Can I post farm with someone else so we both reply to each other and increase our post counts?
    Ans: Obviously not. If you are caught doing that you will get a strict punishment.

    6. Can I post twice in a row on the same thread to post something constructive?
    Ans: It depends. If it really is constructive then you might. But, it is recommended to use the edit feature if you fail to say something in your last post

    7. Can I post anything out of the thread's topic in a thread?
    Ans: Again, no, you can't

    8. Can I reply to different posters with multiple posts?
    Ans: Currently you can't reply to multiple quotes in one post. So, yes you can. However, if that is fixed, it is preferred that you multi-quote in one post

    9. Can I keep spamming the mention feature on someone?
    Ans: Nope, that too is considered a breach of this rule.

    10: What if I really need their attention?
    Ans: Mentioning someone once or twice for a good reason is allowed. But if you spam the mention feature blatantly, it won't be forgiven.

    11: Can I mention a staff member to deal with a rule-breaking post?
    Ans: No, flag that post. Not only does the person whose post you flagged now knows it was you who blew the whistle on their post, but also staff sometimes has a lot of notifications.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited March 9
    Zygarde wrote: »
    4. Bumping a thread is strictly forbidden. BUMP stands for 'Bring Up My Post'. Posting anything just to only bring the thread to the top of the sub-forum counts as bumping. You are not allowed to bump your thread. This rule is an exception in the Clan Chat and Tournaments & Events sub-forum, where you are allowed to bump your thread once a day. You can also reasonably bump your thread in the Ideas & Feature Requests sub-forum. Note that this rule excludes reply to a thread to add something to the discussion or reply to someone else's post or question. Necromancing a thread is also forbidden. Necromancing counts as bumping or posting in a thread which is very old. However, posting a really constructive reply in a very old thread to re-start the discussion will be allowed. What counts as Necromancing a thread and what doesn't will always be decided by the staff.

    Bumping a thread is forbidden in the forums. Replying to a thread without adding anything to it just to bring it up is called bumping. You are not allowed to reply again to a thread if your reply is the last one. If that happens, then use the edit feature instead. Bumping is only allowed in Clan Chat and Tournaments & Events subforums, where you will be able to bump reasonably. Necromancing a thread is also forbidden in all of the subforums. Necromancing means posting to a really old thread (specifically 3 months old, can vary between situations). However, adding relevant information that adds a lot to the discussion in the old thread can be considered as an exception to necromancing. The staff members have the final say to that.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I add a one-liner reply to my thread to bring it up?
    Ans: Nope, you cannot according to this rule.

    2. My thread isn't getting any attention. Can I post in there asking for people's response?
    Ans: Nope, that too will be considered as bumping.

    3. Can I post in a really old thread with a one-liner irrelevant comment?
    Ans: Definitely not. That is counted as necro.

    4. How often can I BUMP my clan recruitment thread in Clan Chat or Tournaments & Events?
    Ans: 24 hours after the last post on your thread (even if it isn't your post). Breaking this rule will result in your recruitment thread being closed and possibly an infraction.

    5. What is "reasonably" bumping threads in I&FR?
    Ans: There isn't a concrete number yet, but after a few months it's ok to bump

    6. Can I necro a thread just to earn the badge for necro'ing a 6 month old thread?
    Ans: Absolutely not. Doing so will result in a stricter punishment
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    5. Multiple or repeated posting of the same thread or topic is forbidden. If a thread with a certain topic already exists, you are not allowed create another thread about that topic. Instead, you should contribute to the already existing thread. If all the threads on that specific topic are very old and posting in them would count as necromancing them, then you might create a new thread about that topic. Or you can post in the old thread to re-start the discussion.

    This rule states that multiple posting of a thread on the same topic is not allowed. Be sure to check if a thread on that topic already exists. If it does, then rather than making your own thread, contribute to the already existing one. If a thread has been closed or trashed, you must not post it again, unless a moderator gives you permission. Note that if all threads on a specific topic are really old and posting in them may break rule 4, only then you can make a new thread on that topic.

    Questions & Answers

    1. I am trying to make a thread on a topic that is already mentioned in another thread, can I do it?
    Ans: No. Instead of trying to make your own thread, contribute to the existing one.

    2. The topic that I want to make a thread on has been discussed long ago. So, posting on it will result in necro. Am I allowed to make the thread?
    Ans: At this point it's your own wish. You can choose to make your own thread or add a really relevant discussion to the old thread.

    3. Can I make a new thread on a topic because my previous thread on it was closed?
    Ans: No, you can't. Unless a Moderator gives you the permission to do so.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    6. You can not attempt to claim to represent or speak on behalf of any staff member or developer of the forum if you aren't a part of the management team. Spreading false information by doing so will result in strict punishment.

    This rule is pretty straightforward. You can not act as a staff member or spread false information regarding anything like that if you aren't a part of the staff team. That includes acting like a staff member and threatening other members.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Am I allowed to lie about being a staff member?
    Ans: No, you aren't allowed to do that.

    2. Can I spread false information about the forum claiming that I'm a staff member?
    Ans: Nope, you can't.

    3. Am I allowed to just help a new member?
    Ans: Of course. Not only you are allowed to do it, you are requested to do it. You should definitely help new members if you want to. However, do not claim anything about being a staff member if you aren't one.

    4. Am I allowed to threaten a rulebreaker about them getting banned?
    Ans: That depends. If they did a major rulebreak which results in direct ban, you may warn them (privately) about it. However, do not claim that you will be the one to do it. Because doing that will also break this rule.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited March 12
    Zygarde wrote: »
    7. Discussions, promotion or advertisement of any product, illegal activities, drug references, music or intellectual property piracy is strictly prohibited in the forums.

    This rule states that any type of discussion, promotion or advertisement of illegal activities, drug references, intellectual property piracy etc. is forbidden.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I advertise different products in the forums?
    Ans: No, you cannot.

    2. Can I discuss illegal activities in these forums?
    Ans: Nope, you can't.

    3. Can I discuss other games on these forums?
    Ans. It depends. If you're in Off-Topic, RAGE, Forum Games, or AMAs & Personal Bios, yes you can. If you're in any other sub-forum (eg: General) then no. You cannot make a thread to discuss another game. However, you may compare games not made by Supercell to Clash Royale in any thread. For example, you cannot make a thread announcing that Star Wars Force Arena (a Clash Royale clone) just had an update in General. However, you can compare the two games (e.g. Star Wars Force Arena has 8 emotes to CR's 10, and doesn't have a mute feature).
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited July 3
    Zygarde wrote: »
    8. Every forum member may only have one account each. Creating multiple accounts might result in a permanent ban of all accounts if those accounts are used to support the main account or their posting, claims, opinions or votes. Users that have lost their accounts may create another one if they inform the staff member of their actions. Staff members may also be able to help in recovering lost accounts. Note that creating multiple accounts with the same IP address IS allowed if they belong to different people.

    This rule states that no one is allowed more than a single account. If you are caught having more than one account and fail to defend yourself, you will be punished accordingly. However, it is allowed if you have lost your account and want to recover it, or fail to recover it. The staff will try to help you in that case. Also, if you make an account while you already have another one in use, you will be interrogated by the mods. And if you fail to defend yourself, then you will be punished accordingly.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Am I allowed to create another account while I have one in use?
    Ans: No.

    2. I have lost my account and can't recover it. Can I make another account?
    Ans: Yes, you can. But try your best to contact the mods and get your old account recovered. If you fail to do so, then you can stick to your new account.

    3. Can I register the account of another person with the same IP (eg; Siblings) ?
    Ans: Yes, you can. Just inform mods if you do that in order to avoid confusion. But, if you are caught sharing accounts over the same IP, or under any circumstance unless approved by a mod, all affected accounts will be banned.

    4. I just got banned from this forum. Can I make a new account and post on that account?
    Ans: Absolutely not. If you're banned, the community (at least the staff members) do not want to see you post anymore, even if you are 100% good now. It's too late after you're banned

    5. Can I make a new account to ask a staff member why I got banned?
    Ans: No. If you want to politely and constructively discuss why you got banned with the staff, you can go to Discord and send a DM to the staff and discuss the ban there. Likely the ban will not be overturned, but if you're not sure why you got banned, the staff can possibly give some further clarification. If you're gonna send a ton of spam and toxicity at staff, you will be blocked on Discord and potentially kicked from the forum Discord server.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    9. Account sharing in the forums is strictly forbidden. Every person must have their own forum account if they want to use the forums. Using another person's account or sharing your account with someone else is strictly forbidden. Doing so might result in the account getting permanently banned.

    Sharing your account with anyone is forbidden. Every person must use the Community Royale forums with their own account. Using someone else's forum account or sharing your forum account with anyone else, no matter who they are, is forbidden. And the result of doing so is permanent ban.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I share my forum account or details such as the account password with a friend?
    Ans: No.

    2. Can I let my sibling or any relative use my account for posting something?
    Ans: No, that too counts as a rule break of this rule.

    3. What should I do if someone wants to share their account with me?
    Ans: Take proofs and flag any of their posts and include the proofs in the flag.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    10. The Community Royale forums are English only. You must create threads only in English to speak here. All of your posts must also be in English. However, if you must use another language for some reason, you need to include an accurate English translation as well in your post. You may also use different languages in Private Messages to other members, if the messaged member knows that language. However, the other forum rules still apply to anything spoken in that language.

    You are only allowed to speak English in the main forums. If you must use another language for some reason, then please also include an accurate English translation of it. You can talk in other languages through PMs.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I talk in other languages to someone who speaks the same language as me?
    Ans: No you can't. But if you must for some reason, include an english translation of it.

    2. Can I talk in other languages through PMs?
    Ans: Yes you can.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    11. We do not remove posts or accounts on request, except for very rare exceptions.

    Moderators only remove posts that break rules or absolutely need to be removed. Other than that, no explanations needed.

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I ask for a thread / post that broke the rules to be deleted?
    Ans: You can report the thread, mods will decide what to do with it.

    2. I don't want to stay in the forums anymore. Can I ask my account to be deleted?
    Ans: No, we do not delete accounts on request. If you want to leave the forums, then do so. But your account will still remain.

    3. I fell victim to the "double post glitch." What should I do?
    Ans: Report your own post as an accidental double post. Don't worry, you won't be infracted for an accident.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    12. Only flag those posts that you are sure about violating the forum rules or contain questionable content. Any type of unnecessary use or spam of the flag tool might result in punishment.

    You may not flag anyone's post without being completely sure that the certain post breaks one of the forum rules. Repeated targeting or spamming with the flagging feature shall not be tolerated.

    Questions & Answers

    1. I disagree with a thread, can I flag it?
    Ans: No, only report threads that break forum rules.

    2. I hate / dislike a forum member, can I flag all of his posts?
    Ans: Definitely not, doing that will result in a strict punishment.

    3. Can I spam the flag tool and report random posts?
    Ans: No, do not even think of doing that.

    4. Can I flag a post that violates forum rules?
    Ans: Absolutely. In fact, you are encouraged to do that if you spot a rule break.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    13. You must read all of the stickies of a sub-forum at least once before posting a thread in it. The stickies contain useful information such as sub-forum specific rules and guidelines. Not following them might result in punishment.

    Stickies are helpful and important posts that contain useful content and information. They are the pinned threads on top of every channel. These posts help you to know more about the forums or a specific subforum, as well as make creating threads a lot easier. So, according to this rule, you must read the important stickies before posting anything in the particular subforum. Also, always post in the proper subforum for everything. Even if that subforum is inactive.

    Questions & Answers

    1. A post belongs on Off-Topic, but Off-Topic is inactive. Can I post it in General to get more replies?
    Ans: Nope, you must post in the proper subforum.

    2. Can I post a random thread without reading the stickies?
    Ans: No, you are not recommended to. You must read the stickies of a subforum atleast once before posting in that particular subforum.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    14. Although bans mostly occur for getting a certain amount of Infraction Points, you might also be banned without any prior warning or infraction for any type of toxic behavior.

    Staff members can ban anyone without prior warning or notice if they detect toxic behavior. Toxic behavior is behaving rude to someone or posting inflammatory posts (similar to rulebreak of rule 1 or 2).

    Questions & Answers

    1. Can I get banned for toxic behavior even if I have 0 warnings?
    Ans: Yes, that is possible. But only if the level of toxicity is too high. Behave yourself on the forums as if you are one infraction away from a permanent ban (except not being afraid of the mods of course)
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
  • ZygardeZygarde Posts: 293Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Zygarde wrote: »
    15. You are responsible for abiding by Staff warnings and infractions against you, within a thread or made via PM. Ignoring warnings and/or infractions given to yourself or other forum members can result in further infractions or a ban of your forum account. Remember, all staff decisions are final.

    Staff members can give you warnings / infractions via PM for a rulebreak. You must abide by these warnings or infractions. Ignoring them might result in even more warnings / infractions and eventually, a ban. So, you must be responsible for abiding by them. Also remember that all staff decisions are final.

    Questions & Answers

    1. A moderator gave me an infraction, can I just ignore it?
    Ans: No, you shouldn't. Read it and understand it, it's for your own good

    2. I got an infraction, can I spam the staff member who gave it to me with toxic messages?
    Ans: Absolutely not. That will result in a Severe warning or a ban. It doesn't matter if you are spamming the staff on forums, email, or Discord, you will be punished.

    3. I got an infraction and I don't know what post got infracted. Can I privately and respectfully ask the staff member who gave it to me why I got an infraction?
    Ans: Yes. As long as it's polite and private, you are allowed to ask that staff member and they will give you clarification on why you received that infraction.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    Community Royale Moderator
    Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
    #BunTheMuds
This discussion has been closed.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.