Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One and only] Zappies card discussion

JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,974Moderator
edited December 2017 in Card Balance Discussion
Soooo I made this thread because I tried the new challenge and gave the zappies to my opponent to try the hunter and... they are defensive monsters. Do you find them balanced?
For me they are a defensive versión of a goblin barrel: (almost) only countearable with spells...
Zappies balancing
  1. What do you think about Zappies?34 votes
    1. Too OP!!!! Nerf, nerf, NERF TO THE GROUND!!!!!
        0.00%
    2. Their strength is high, they need an average nerf
        8.82%
    3. Quite strong, just a minor nerf needed
        5.88%
    4. Totally balanced!
      26.47%
    5. Quite weak, just a minor buff needed
      29.41%
    6. Their strength is low, they need an average buff
      17.65%
    7. This card is AWFUL!!!! Buff, buff, BUFF IT NOW!!!!!
      11.76%
Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
y550ls9wbwod.png
I like underused stuff...

Comments

• henhenkchhenhenkch Posts: 69Member
    no as op as i thought but i prefered the hunter more
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,420Moderator
    edited December 2017
    I think it's a zapper card for F2P, F2P tank beatdown users. It's capabilities is totally way inferior than EWiz but since there is 3 of them so there would be a chance of perma stun (also they're rare). I guess this card will rock in 3.5k-4.7k, then EWiz starts taking control (the case of Wizard and Executioner).
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • spicyspicy Posts: 841Member
    Unlocked the Zappies. They wreck PEKKA

• Vills_SkyTerrorVills_SkyTerror Posts: 470Member
    I think there should be only 2 zappies. They completely shuts slow attacking troops in infinite loop...
    hNFdcit.png
    Sig courtesy of spicy!

Ask me Anything
    A wise man once said, You all are freaking noobs... It was me. Thanks!
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    They don't hit air... that for me is a big turn off, but when you're building a deck with them I guess you take that into account. They are also 4 elixir, which is pretty expensive. I feel like they're sort of weak. I dunno - I've only played with them in draft and haven't completed the challenge yet, so I haven't unlocked them. I'm around 5-1 right now...
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    I don't think they are that good, bomber just destroy them.
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    edited December 2017
    They would seem to compliment three musketeer decks extremely well. They can split one-two, and that can allow for a nice split push. Since three musketeers thrive on the split push, I would guess that the zappies could nudge their way into some 3M decks.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 896Member
    They're like baby sparkies but could destroy sparky alone :crsmirk:
    meMEGAMIND
    GoeIxLv.png
    (Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
    I think they're pretty weak. Electro Wizard outclasses them, in my opinion. They can't even one shot spear goblins and have a slow hitspeed. But the biggest turnoff for me is that they can't hit air. 4 elixir for 3 weak, low damage troops that can't hit air? No thanks.
    Card Concepts:
  • PircivalPircival Posts: 185Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, they should hit air. That would fix them as upgraded spear goblins imo. Maybe a slightly faster hitspeed too, to completely prevent one troop from moving/attacking
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    I rate them 65%, they can split push, and slow down attack of the hunter
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • Jeff_The_AppleJeff_The_Apple Posts: 5Member
    I give them 7 out of apple coz they are technically mini e-wiz's plus they can split so that's cool
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    edited December 2017
    It's weird how they work. They are literally mini sparkies, so if they are zapped, they will have to charge up again. The e-wiz can actually semi-immobilize the zappies (granted one is dead...) with his split attack and zapping prowess. I've seen it happen in the game where my e-wiz happened to make the zappies not charge... I'm not super sure though...

Really weird how they made it a charge-up troop like the sparky...
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
    MathChamp wrote: »
    It's weird how they work. They are literally mini sparkies, so if they are zapped, they will have to charge up again. The e-wiz can actually immobilize the zappies (granted one is dead...) with his split attack and zapping prowess.

Really weird how they made it a charge-up troop like the sparky...

They charge? Woah - that makes everything different. I hadn't even though about that. I find it ironic that a charging troop makes it so that other troops can't charge. :tongue: A stunner that can be stunned.
    Making them hit air wouldn't stick to the theme, then, since Sparky can't hit air. I still think they need a bit of a buff, though. Damage to one shot spear goblins? Quicker charge time?
    Card Concepts:
  • FlappyBirdFlappyBird Posts: 86Member
    zappies are basically another version of guards. Great for defense, horrible for offense.