Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Thoughts on balance changes for critical cards

What is the community's thoughts on the changes to cards like hog, knight, pump, bait cards and prince/guards. I can give you my input which I also posted on reddit.
5K+/GC player. To me, there is hardly change to hog. The interactions are basically the same as before. I don't see a difference on ladder or GC in terms of usage rate.. I cannot differentiate between 1.5 and 1.6 hit speed, and the 0.1 delay on the initial hit is very small from a macro perspective. Very few matches are decided on this slight change. Knight is still very strong, so not much change there.

I play bait pretty constantly and I really see no difference in goblin effectiveness except when zap is used on a naked barrel; they do less damage obviously so you just have to be a bit more calculated with placement. To me, Usage rate in GC has dropped significantly probably because people think it's dead from the amount of cards that were nerfed and because rocket took a huge hit. You can no longer just spam troops as before and get away with it.

The rocket, lightning and pump were affected the most by the changes. Fireball, poison, log, zap come in at a close second. Arrows not really affected. Haven't seen too many people using pump on ladder or GC except with 3M, which they are trying to bait your heavy spell so they can split 3M in the back, so that makes sense.
I'm only seeing mortar cycle 1 in 5 matches on ladder compared to 1 in 3 as before. Which is still a massive usage rate on ladder, much like RG when it was OP. Mortar users are probably finding it harder to turtle and toss rockets and other spells. Also more heavy tank cards are being used so that might also contribute to the change.

Prince is noticeably stronger. Not sure about guards... their shield can still be knocked off by log so I'm indifferent as of now, but this could change as the dust is still settling from the balances. Giant/poison/MM/guards is not as OP as before, but it was definitely helped with the buffs and I'm seeing different variations in GC and ladder.

Comments

• IamHarshIamHarsh Posts: 107Member
    Agree on most of the points.
    Specially the hog nerf. Im hardly noticing the change.
    Yet so many hog users were/are heavily over reacting on the nerf.

They probably are just overjoyed as they know this was a neglible nerf but they are crying on reddit , forum and other social media just to create the assumption that the nerf affected them.

As for mortar , yea im too facing them quite less now at 4.6k.
    But theres serious increase in giant and RG decks...specially RG decks. Its like the old times now
    > ice wiz at the back = RG deck.

King lvl 12 》》PB--->4847
    current deck 》》
    Giant(11)☆Giant'Larry(6) ☆Witch(7)☆Mega'Minion(9)☆Fireball(10) ☆miner(2)☆Night'Witch(2)☆Zap(13)
    <<44 legies and collecting...>>

0R7hS2N.png

awesome signpic by SPICY
  • AiedailAiedail Posts: 245Member
    I agree with you, the hog nerf didn't change anything noticeable.

We could have been without the pump nerf (comming from a pump user) but it hardly changed anything, I did the math and I think it was only the poison and lightning interactions that change and that only with one elixir.

The goblins won't change much.

The knight, for me at least didn't change anything as I see him first and foremost as a mini tank and then if he connects with the tower it's just a bonus.
    King lvl: 12 | Three Musketeer Player | PB: 4700 | Tag: #PRCVP22 | Cards: 86/86 | Clan: Antifa United | Played since February 16th 2016, android soft launch | Sweden
    fjx0cs7rlzze.png
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,725Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Aiedail wrote: »
    We could have been without the pump nerf (coming from a pump user) but it hardly changed anything, I did the math and I think it was only the poison and lightning interactions that change and that only with one elixir.

The fireball will also damage the collector more, though.

And with the prevalence of fireball in the ladder, it can make a difference in the pump's effectiveness.
    Currently subsiding in FFS Revamped
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 5161 | 93/93 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 6 Lvl 12, 21 Lvl 11, 35 Lvl 10, 29 Lvl 9, 2 Lvl 8

Deck: Royal Giant (12) - Barbarians (12) - Goblin Hut (11) - Furnace (11) - Mega Minion (12) - Baby Dragon (11) - Fireball (11) - Barbarian Barrel (11)
    math.jpg
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 134Member
    I actually notice a huge difference due to the slight hog nerf. Before the nerf, my level 3 LJ+tower would allow level 10 and 11 hogs to get two hits on the tower.
    There was nothing I could really do to stop that 2nd hit without over comitting on defense.
    Since the nerf to hog though, my lvl 3 LJ+tower allows only 1 hit by a level 10 or 11 hog. Hog's 1st hit comes .2 seconds later than pre nerf. Now overlevelled hogs (relative to my cards) aren't a problem for me since I am okay with only one hit by hog on my tower.
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5877
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 13, Poison 13, B Dragon 13, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 13, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 13

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • Now with lots of cards balanced, Tornado is the card that I’m asking for a nerf. And this is coming from a Tornado user.
    I'm a Supercell Forums refugee! My Forum username is BombtowerOP, so some people might recognize me there.
  • TwinRiceTwinRice Posts: 92Member
    Still see just as many hog decks. I played 5 Ladder matches tonight....every single one a hog deck (4800+ range is where I’m at currently). Don’t think the nerf did much of anything regarding usage
    YOMOj0n.png
    sig courtesy of spicy!
    CoLeader, Bunny Clan (formerly Bewbz and Tacos)
    Highest Trophies: 5962, Max Challenge: 16
    Current Ladder Deck:
    Pekka (8), Baby Dragon (8), Lightning (8), Tornado (8), Furnace (11), Zap (13), Battle Ram (11), EWiz (5)
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,450Moderator
    Now with lots of cards balanced, Tornado is the card that I’m asking for a nerf. And this is coming from a Tornado user.

Looks like i'm not the only Tornado user that is looking forward for it. Since Tornado was meant to compliment splasher or drag troops away from your CT (single CT) for a cheap elixir cost. I suggest a 35% total damage decrease (from 146 to 95) and a 9.5% radius decrease (from 5.5 to 4.95 tiles), a minor increase in it's pull strenght (like 8%) to keep it alive and balanced (since Tornado was considered strong because of the damage and the area, without those two it's very underwhelming).
    EarthThis signature is my city