Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Inferno Tower Card Discussion

PhantomPhoen1xPhantomPhoen1x Posts: 369Member
edited November 2017 in Card Balance Discussion
Boasting an incredible charge-up ability that enables it to do thousands of damage per second, the Inferno Tower is no doubt the king of killing tanks. It starts at a relatively low DPS (5%), but after 2 seconds this powers up with a moderate high DPS (around 20%). After 5 seconds the Inferno is at its peak, with insane damage that will melt even Golems in a matter of seconds.

At Tournament Standard (Level 7) it has 1408 hitpoints and a DPS of 87-(352?)-1,760. <cannot find middle level stat. 352 is an estimate.>

Cost: 5
Deploy Time: 1 sec
Hit Speed (between damage pulses): 0.4 sec
Range: 6. (Can hit a Musketeer, but not a Royal Giant.)
Lifetime: 40 sec
Targets: Ground and Air

Currently the Inferno Tower is very strong compared to some other defenses in the game. It pretty much outclasses all of them in some way, its only drawback being its low starting damage. Thus it is the preferred building for countering Beatdown decks.

Counters include the Electro Wizard, Zap, and Lightning, all of which reset the Inferno Tower to its initial damage. Many beatdown decks used Lightning for this as it almost completely kills the Inferno, however it has recently suffered a range nerf.

Zap and Electro Wizard are still viable counters, however these are different as they will not immediately destroy the IT. Thus it could potentially still take down a tank given that the support is distracted with minitanks and swarms.

Sooooo.....

Is Inferno too powerful?
What do you typically use against it (and how would you react if playing a beatdown deck?)
Is Lightning still a good counter or may other cards be more appropiate?
Do other defenses need buffs to be on par, or are they fine as they are.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Inferno Tower Balance Thoughts
  1. What do you think about the Inferno Tower in terms of balancing?21 votes
    1. Large buff
        0.00%
    2. Medium buff
        4.76%
    3. Small buff
        0.00%
    4. No change, it's balanced
      28.57%
    5. Small nerf
      52.38%
    6. Medium nerf
        9.52%
    7. Large nerf
        4.76%
All hail TheBlastoise for this awesome new forum!

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    Inferno clearly outclasses other buildings, especially since Beatdown was the preferred meta of choice pre-Oct balance changes. The tesla buff made it stronger against swarms, but Tesla doesn't have a lot of health.

The lightning still counters the inferno, but it's harder to get Inferno + Princess Tower + Glass Cannon for 6 elixir. I think inferno needs a health nerf
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • BUFFTHEROCKETBUFFTHEROCKET Posts: 129Member
    Health nerf so that it can be one shot by lightning? Or would that be too much? I just think it’s too hard a counter against Golem and giant
  • ElectroElectro Posts: 82Member
    It’s easy to counter with zap, electro wizard, minions, bars and lightning. If anything, it needs a buff
    ⚡️ Electro Wizard Enthusiast ⚡️
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    Yeah @Electro, I prefer to an Inferno Tower buff however, it will get more lightning decks
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • ElectroElectro Posts: 82Member
    Carlson wrote: »
    Yeah @Electro, I prefer to an Inferno Tower buff however, it will get more lightning decks

Agreed @carlson, what I find is that countering the Royal Giant with Inferno is almost impossible nowadays. He has so much health and they just spam minions at the bridge so I can’t do anything!
    ⚡️ Electro Wizard Enthusiast ⚡️
  • AquaAqua Posts: 1,117Member
    Well haven't tried 1v1 for years but its pretty weak in 2v2
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    Rg is the biggest problem to inferno tower, what I like to do is anti lightning placement if no minions, but if minions are there and no lightning, anti swarm placement
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    What I would do is turn RG into a rare to prevent overleveling, and then nerf Inferno Tower - either in range, because the range is insane, or how long it takes for the Inferno to charge, because Giants die most of the time without even taking a swing at the IT. And with the Lightning nerf, well... Inferno reigns supreme.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    Since the ewiz and lightning nerf inferno have become close to op the only thing holding it back is the Tesla rivaling it as a cheaper alternative and zap that largely used thanks to it's synergies and bats. I definitely think it's lifetime should get reduced. To be able to cycle to 2 while the halv dead inferno kills a golem which is way to much. Decreasing the timer 5sec less should make it less cycle able and needs to be used more reaktivly.

I personally don't see that much of a problem facing it (only because I have zap and a troop to distract it.) But when I use zapbait I see it how it is, it brings way to much value.

7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.
  • PhantomPhoen1xPhantomPhoen1x Posts: 369Member
    Since the ewiz and lightning nerf inferno have become close to op the only thing holding it back is the Tesla rivaling it as a cheaper alternative and zap that largely used thanks to it's synergies and bats. I definitely think it's lifetime should get reduced. To be able to cycle to 2 while the halv dead inferno kills a golem which is way to much. Decreasing the timer 5sec less should make it less cycle able and needs to be used more reaktivly.

I personally don't see that much of a problem facing it (only because I have zap and a troop to distract it.) But when I use zapbait I see it how it is, it brings way to much value.

Yes I agree, a shorter lifetime should be better, so they can't stack 2 of them up during double elixir.
    All hail TheBlastoise for this awesome new forum!
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,871Member
    Inferno Tower is like a friend that will always be there to help you, no matter of the situation (escept Ewiz :p). I personaly love using it, but I must admit that it needs a lifetime nerf...
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • henhenkchhenhenkch Posts: 69Member
    i think it should change its switch target speed to 1 sec so that whenever a skeleton barrel is being targetted,the skeleton needs 0.5 sec to drop so it will make the tower target the skeleton.same for inferno dragon also
    Its a nerf to bait decks and buff to beatdown and lavaloon
  • mrsodnealmrsodneal Posts: 77Member
    I agree with a lifetime Nerf. While it is annoying to see, the card is in the game for a reason, to be used. What frustrates me more, is someone who chips enough damage then throws nothing up but infernos & cheap troops until they can rocket your sorry kiester :(
    dBqJUjZ.png[img][/img]
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    I think giving Inferno shorter lifetime, a range nerf or less health would help. It is supposed to be level independent, so to balance that it has to be given a nerf to the stats that don't change with leveling (so not health or damage).
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 456Member
    A small lifetime nerf would be nice. Otherwise I think its balanced. Its not that hard to distract IT.