Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

WubWub's Balance Changes - 2.0!

WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
edited January 2018 in Card Balance Discussion
I know it's still a little soon to be making balance threads (not even a week after the recent update as I'm writing this), but though the newest balance changes are awesome, there are still a few key things the balancing team needs to consider. Some of these suggestions are copied from my original balancing thread, but there are definitely some notable changes.

Mega Knight - spawn damage decreased by 33%
He's a defensive monster right now because of his spawn damage. He's handled easily on the opponent's side with the right cards, but there's no stopping him on his own side of the arena.

Royal Ghost - invisibility reactivation time increased from 0.7 to 1.2
What makes him powerful is his ability to slip back into invisibility quickly after killing an enemy troop. This nerf makes him easier to stop on defense because he'll be vulnerable for much longer after defeating an enemy.

Zappies - damage increased to ACTUALLY BE USEFUL, charge time decreased by .4 seconds
What does the stun really do? They only hit ground troops and have to charge up before doing anything. At least increase their damage to one shot spear goblins, and give them a useful hitspeed. Yes, they all stun, so they can disable an enemy, but they tend to hit the enemy all at once, and their stun effects don't stack.
Also, there's an experimental change I want your opinion on: should they have a faster move speed? This means they translate into a counterpush easier, and they can actually act as support.

Lightning - radius increased to previous size
Pretty obvious. Lightning is dead now and just received another nerf along with the rest of the direct damage spells. Give Lightning its radius back - Golem Lightning Lumberjack decks won't be OP because Elixir Collector is weak and P.E.K.K.A. is still strong. Oh yes, and the number of Wizards (all three of them) in the meta will greatly improve Lightning's usefulness.
Before the nerf to the collector, I considered lowering the cost of Lightning to 5, so it was a neutral trade with the pump and reflected Lightning's power with the decreased radius. But Lightning can fully shut down a pump now, so 5 elixir Lightning would give the Lightning user a positive trade.

Ice Wizard - minor splash damage and slowing effect on spawn with Zap radius
Electro Wizard has a spawn effect. Why don't the other two wizards? This new mechanic is to keep the wizard trio thematically consistent, and gives them more purpose.

Wizard - high splash damage on spawn about a third that of Fireball
Again, to keep the wizards thematically consistent. This also makes the Wizard more versatile, gives him more counterpush potential, and allows him to make positive trades even if he is later spelled down.
If spawn damage on a rare bothers you, keep in mind there are multiple legendary cards that have spawn damage, so it's not a legendary trait (it's not the trait that gives a legendary card its legendary status as it isn't unique).

Ice Spirit - splash effect changed from stun to slow
The Ice Spirit's 'freeze' is really just a long stun effect. Changing the effect from stun to slow greatly reduces its defensive power.
A slower stun effect wouldn't work well. It would still mean the Ice Spirit could completely freeze enemy troops - one elixir for a stun effect is much too cheap, considering how valuable a stun is.

Royal Giant - range decreased by 1 tile, hitpoints increased by 10 percent, hitspeed increased by .1% *changed to a rare card with gem refunds
Royal Giant is an interesting card - a ranged tank. Supercell tried to nerf it by decreasing stats like health, damage, and deploy time, but the card it still broken (not necessarily brokenly OP; there are things that need fixing). His long range means he can snipe a tower close to the bridge, where his support units can destroy any counter the opponent uses with little to no risk. Decreasing the Royal Giant's range means it takes him longer to reach the tower, and also allows Inferno Tower to be pre-deployed and still reach him.
The rarity change is obvious. Giant is a rare, so why isn't his brother? Common win conditions are too easy to level up. This fixes the RG's leveling problem.
I gave him a slight boost in health to balance this change and make up for some of the older nerfs that nerfed his health.

Elite Barbarians - speed changed from 'Very Fast' to 'Fast', health/hitspeed/damage boost
While removing the Elite Barbarians would still be my first choice, many people are uncomfortable with this idea, even with the gem refunds. I'm willing to give them a shot if this nerf is implemented.
While it may not seem like much, a Mini P.E.K.K.A.'s move speed is 'Fast', which means it covers 1.5 tiles in one second, while 'Very Fast' troops like the eBarbs cover 2 tiles a second. This is a 25 percent speed nerf and would stop eBarbs being spammed at the bridge and moving before the opponent has time to react, making them more defensive. A health boost or hitspeed boost would go along with this change.

Giant Skeleton - bomb radius increased by .2 tiles, death damage decreased by 5%
Sight range decrease was suggested by CWA's f2p guest. It's an interesting idea, but someone just recently gave me a better one in the comments below that greatly improves Giant Skeleton's offensive usefulness. The last buff to his hitpoints wasn't groundbreaking and didn't really change anything.

Dart Goblin - damage increased by 6%
If I'm not mistaken, this allows the Dart Goblin to two shot Minions. Nice little buff for an underused glass cannon.

Baby Dragon - hitspeed decreased by .2 seconds
Baby Dragon is supposed to be a splash air mini tank. It kills Minions in two shots, but the Minions surround the Baby Dragon, making the splash useless. This buff helps the Baby Dragon to actually do what it's supposed to do - be an air swarm counter.
Minions alternate direct nerf removed

Bomber - range increased by .5 tiles, hitspeed decreased by .1 - .3 seconds
Bomber is severely underused. He is a high damage ground splash troop, but he dies to air cards and is outranged by pretty much every ranged ground troop. The range is the biggest problem, but the hitspeed buff doesn't hurt either.

Heal - elixir cost changed to 2, slow heal becomes a burst heal that heals around 300 damage at tournament standard
CWA's rework. Heal is very situational and only works well with specific cards. This rework makes it usable with many other cards and still counters the same spells it did before.

Knight - health decreased by 6%
As a Knight user, even I agree that he needs a nerf. Incredibly versatile and offers an insane combination of health and damage for his cost. This health nerf should work nicely. The last hitspeed buff did absolutely nothing because his health is what makes him a real threat.

Night Witch - 3 bats on death
The last nerf to Night Witch killed her. This should make her viable again. Her legendary status is because she's a spawner troop with death spawn. Those two traits combined are what makes her great.

Electro Wizard - hitspeed decreased by .2 seconds, retargeting speed decreased by .2 seconds
His hitspeed is horrible now - he only counters cards that are weak to stun. This buff gives him back some hitspeed and also decreases his retargeting speed so he doesn't attack nothing anymore (because the troop he was targeting died).

Dark Prince - range (and 360 splash range) increased by .3 tiles
Ironically, swarms still counter him if played correctly, so an increase in melee range allows him to deal with swarms better. If the Prince gets a super long range because of his pointy stick, then Dark Prince should at least get a bit of extra range because of his long spiked mace.

LAVA HOUND (and pups) - damage increased by 50% (possibly 40% if that allows pups to one shot skellies)
Pups now one shot skeletons and a lone hound will now be a threat. Definitely needed for Lava Hound to get back in the game again. Inferno Dragon's presence in the meta would still make Lava Hound a challenge to use.

Battle Ram - charge time decreased by .3 seconds, hitpoints decreased by 6%
Ram needs to be set apart from Hog Rider, as power creep is an issue: both are 4 elixir rare building targeting cards. The charge is what makes the ram unique and a threat. A slight nerf to the Ram's hitpoints is a good change to pair with the charge buff; making it more fragile means it's harder to reach the tower.

Cannon Cart - always attracts building targeting troops, long stun after wheels break removed
This allows the Cannon Cart to be great counterpush material and makes it more versatile. It also makes sense - why should wheels make a difference if its a cannon? The irritating 'stun' that cart recieves when its wheels break should also be removed.

Cannon - hitpoints increased by 8%
This separates the Cannon from the Tesla by making it tankier while the Tesla does more damage. Both get different niches and this also buffs another hog counter (as hog is still viable).

Barbarians - damage increased by 8%
These guys are underpowered. They're supposed to be great melee attackers, but can't even one shot goblins. They're mowed down by splash troops, too.
This buffs the Battle Ram and Barbarian Hut as well as the Barbarians, and might get them back in the meta again.

Again, these are my personal changes. I know it's a lot, but some of these changes are definitely needed. Comment your suggestions and opinions below!
Card Concepts:
- Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
Balance Suggestions - Updated!
What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
«1

Comments

  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,060Member
    I would agree with almost everything you said but....
    WubWub wrote: »

    Mega Knight - spawn damage decreased by 33%
    He's a defensive monster right now because of his spawn damage. He's handled easily on the opponent's side with the right cards, but there's no stopping him on his own side of the arena.

    For MK, its not a problem with his spawn damage, the real problem is that PLUS the jump ability. So maybe make jump preperation last longer so players can react better.

  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    Carlson wrote: »
    I would agree with almost everything you said but....
    WubWub wrote: »

    Mega Knight - spawn damage decreased by 33%
    He's a defensive monster right now because of his spawn damage. He's handled easily on the opponent's side with the right cards, but there's no stopping him on his own side of the arena.

    For MK, its not a problem with his spawn damage, the real problem is that PLUS the jump ability. So maybe make jump preperation last longer so players can react better.

    The spawn damage IS a problem, though. That's why he's so powerful defensively, because even placing him on the field does high knockback damage. I don't think the jump is too much of a problem - maybe a .2 second jump nerf?
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • DwynnDwynn Posts: 41Member
    The spawn damage is kind of excessive but he is a costly troop.

    Probably a worse deal is that his jump logic appears to be broken.

    His jump range is 4-5 tiles but if he switches to his 'getting ready to jump' behavior, it no longer matters what you do.

    Example: You might think that you can break the 'prepping to jump' state before it happens by placing a troop right next to him (in the 1, 2, or 3 tile range) but it's already too late to avoid the 2x damage bonus from a jump.

    What happens next is the MK does something he shouldn't be doing, which is an illegal jump (1-3 tile range) and you get 2x damaged.

    I can guess why he is programmed this way but it still feels broken to me.
    2uGkbVf.jpg
  • LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    Is there anything new from your last balance?
    Now prince needs no buff (with his last buff it's all over tv Royale) and all the wizard changes I disagree with, ice wiz is balanced, ewiz is not up he got nerfed for a reason if zappies start to completely outclass ewiz then maybe buff him but otherwise no. And wizard... Doesn't in my opinion need the spawn damage if icewiz doesn't get it.
    7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

    I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    Is there anything new from your last balance?
    Now prince needs no buff (with his last buff it's all over tv Royale) and all the wizard changes I disagree with, ice wiz is balanced, ewiz is not up he got nerfed for a reason if zappies start to completely outclass ewiz then maybe buff him but otherwise no. And wizard... Doesn't in my opinion need the spawn damage if icewiz doesn't get it.

    I added Mega Knight and changed my reasoning for many of the cards based on the meta shift.
    I may have to remove the Prince buff. I still felt he wasn't exactly strong enough, but it seems he is now that I checked.
    eWiz definitely needs a buff. His hitspeed is much too slow now.
    iWiz wouldn't really benefit much from this change. It would just be for thematic purposes. Would you spawn him in the middle of a ground of powerful units?
    And Wizard, then, would get the spawn effect that the other two wizards would get.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • FlappyBirdFlappyBird Posts: 86Member
    edited December 2017
    Mega Knight: Honestly unnecessary. Like you said, he can be easily countered, and he's not exactly a "monster" against air or beatdown.
    Lightning: Reasonable.
    Ice Wizard & Wizard: The wizards are each unique cards! They don't need to be thematically consistent! And this would make them wayyyy overpowered, too.
    Ice Spirit: But we need stun cards in the game, otherwise things like sparky or inferno towers will be too powerful. It would be better to reduce the freeze time to 1.2 seconds.
    Royal Giant: His ability to snipe is what makes him decently good when super overlevelled! He can certainly use a health and hitspeed buff, but he doesn't need a range nerf. And why would you give gems when you want to convert to rare? It's still going to be the same corresponding level.
    Elite Barbarians: Nice job! So you want to kill a card that's already dead!
    Giant Skeleton: Mainly used for defense. You can add a damage buff, but the sight range one is questionable.
    Dart Goblin: Overpowered.
    Baby Dragon: too much. maybe hitspeed to 1.5 seconds instead, but he doesn't really need a buff.
    Bomber: you could do hitspeed to 1.8 seconds and range to 5.
    Heal: okay rework, but I have a different one in mind. one that makes heal a more risky card, so that 3 musk heal doesn't become the main meta again. 4 elixir, 3 seconds (6 ticks, 528 hp), 25% heal to buildings.
    Knight: He already got a nerf. He is a mini tank. He is supposed to have high health.
    Night Witch: She's my favorite card, and I would love to give her lots of buffs, but tbh, she is perfectly balanced. The balances in august didn't "kill" her.
    Electro Wizard: This will make him overpowered.
    Prince: He's "weak"?!
    Dark Prince: He's balanced already!
    Battle Ram: It's already balanced. It can compete with the hog rider perfectly fine. You'd rarely chose hog over ram in a 3 musketeers deck.
    Lava Hound: Yes, this is NEEDED.
    Cannon Cart: Makes it pretty overpowered, tho. Maybe remove previous hp buff to make it balanced.
    Cannon: Yeah, okay.
    Barbarians: Good buff.

    Overall: These balances are some of the best I've seen recently on forums! It's not perfect, since everyone has bias, but I can see you put lots of effort into making this! (unlike many others I've seen)
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    FlappyBird wrote: »
    Mega Knight: Honestly unnecessary. Like you said, he can be easily countered, and he's not exactly a "monster" against air or beatdown.
    He can only be easily countered on the opponent's side of the arena. I'm not nerfing him in that aspect. But his powerful spawn damage (with knockback) make him immensely powerful on defense. He would still be a huge offensive threat.

    Lightning: Reasonable.
    Thank you.

    Ice Wizard & Wizard: The wizards are each unique cards! They don't need to be thematically consistent! And this would make them wayyyy overpowered, too.
    I don't think so. Wizard might become more powerful on defense, but he needs that to compete with Executioner (and now, Hunter). Ice Wizard's buff wouldn't really help in most cases, because it's best to let him attack from a range instead of spawning him on top of the enemy units. (And my OCD side kicks in because the wizards aren't consistent. :lol:) Just gives them more utility. And honestly, have you seen Wizard used competitively in meta decks ever?

    Ice Spirit: But we need stun cards in the game, otherwise things like sparky or inferno towers will be too powerful. It would be better to reduce the freeze time to 1.2 seconds.
    My point is that a stun for 1 elixir is too powerful. We have Zap, Lightning, eWiz, and now Zappies to stun (all of which are electric, btw). Ice Spirit provides cycle because of its low price and amazing value when played: a splash freeze that allows the user to regain elixir for defense and react. It would still slow cards, so it could still be used on defense. But it would give the user less of an advantage, because the cycle power is great on its own.

    Royal Giant: His ability to snipe is what makes him decently good when super overlevelled! He can certainly use a health and hitspeed buff, but he doesn't need a range nerf. And why would you give gems when you want to convert to rare? It's still going to be the same corresponding level.
    [/b]Gems, I haven't really thought about. SC's decision. I just have balancing on my mind.
    Range nerf is because his concept - a ranged tank - is very very powerful when you think about it. This gives the opponent just a little bit more reaction time, and it'll be harder to kill the RG anyway because of the numerous buffs he'll recieve.[/b]

    Elite Barbarians: Nice job! So you want to kill a card that's already dead!
    Not on ladder. I want to make eBarbs viable in competitive play AND on ladder without making them insanely OP. A speed nerf along with a hitpoints/damage buff should fix that; speed nerf makes them less spammy, and hitpoints/health makes them more tanky and powerful. They'd be like better Barbarians: powerful, more solid defensive cards that translate into a threatening counterpush.

    Giant Skeleton: Mainly used for defense. You can add a damage buff, but the sight range one is questionable.
    I get that he's mainly for defense - that's why I want to make him more offensive. Just another option for GS players.

    Dart Goblin: Overpowered.
    Still dies very easily. He's pretty underused, and though that isn't necessarily a sign that a card is UP, it should make for more variety. You'd still have to pair him with another card to take down a horde.

    Baby Dragon: too much. maybe hitspeed to 1.5 seconds instead, but he doesn't really need a buff.
    Depends. This one is questionable.

    Bomber: you could do hitspeed to 1.8 seconds and range to 5.
    Not sure where that puts him, but anything is okay, really.

    Heal: okay rework, but I have a different one in mind. one that makes heal a more risky card, so that 3 musk heal doesn't become the main meta again. 4 elixir, 3 seconds (6 ticks, 528 hp), 25% heal to buildings.
    That doesn't really work with the concept, imo. Nice idea. 4 elixir for a risky gimmick card, though, will put it on the backburner. Look at Freeze.

    Knight: He already got a nerf. He is a mini tank. He is supposed to have high health.
    High enough health to survive Rocket? His health is what makes him a threat, not his damage. Oh, and he can be overleveled, which gives great return on health.

    Night Witch: She's my favorite card, and I would love to give her lots of buffs, but tbh, she is perfectly balanced. The balances in august didn't "kill" her.
    Just a little tiny one? I'm not a Night Witch user, bit I've seen Golem Beatdown decks with her in it. Her death spawn isn't really much of a threat.

    Electro Wizard: This will make him overpowered.
    Prince: He's "weak"?!
    Ooops, forgot to delete that one.

    Dark Prince: He's balanced already!
    With the shield change to Inferno cards, he is. I'll fix that too.

    Battle Ram: It's already balanced. It can compete with the hog rider perfectly fine. You'd rarely chose hog over ram in a 3 musketeers deck.
    UGH, 3M. I want to nerf those, because the pump nerf didn't do anything to them, but I'm not sure how. They're such a delicate card. AAAAAAA

    Lava Hound: Yes, this is NEEDED.
    Agreed!

    Cannon Cart: Makes it pretty overpowered, tho. Maybe remove previous hp buff to make it balanced.
    Okay. That indirectly buffs Mega Knight too.

    Cannon: Yeah, okay.
    Thank you.

    Barbarians: Good buff.
    Thank you again.

    Overall: These balances are some of the best I've seen recently on forums! It's not perfect, since everyone has bias, but I can see you put lots of effort into making this! (unlike many others I've seen)

    Why thank you! Replies in bold.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • XLeonardXXLeonardX Posts: 123Member
    Nice changes, but seriously, I think they should remove the heal card. I really have no idea how they are gonna balance this card.
    We are all part of the universe; hence being kind to anything is being kind to ourselves.
  • XLeonardXXLeonardX Posts: 123Member
    edited December 2017
    Oya, I think increasing Lava H damage by 50% is too much. They can try 6% first but not 50% at once.

    Cannon is balanced.

    If you nerf EB, maybe barbarian should be left alone.
    We are all part of the universe; hence being kind to anything is being kind to ourselves.
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    XLeonardX wrote: »
    Oya, I think increasing Lava H damage by 50% is too much. They can try 6% first but not 50% at once.

    Cannon is balanced.

    If you nerf EB, maybe barbarian should be left alone.

    Cannon is currently outclassed by Tesla - a spell dodging, higher damage defense that can attack air. More health gives it a different niche than Tesla.

    A 6% hound damage buff won't allow the pups to one shot bats, and the pups' damage is always the same as the hound's. The hound does pitiful damage for its cost right now, and a 6% buff would increase damage by only 2 or 3 damage.

    I'm giving eBarbs a big stats boost and decreasing their speed. They would be more dependable Barbarians who are better on a counterpush. Barbarians haven't been seen at all, so these changes would allow both barb cards to see some actual competitive use again.

    About heal - maybe the problem is a broken concept. My change could fix that.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • dude2050dude2050 Posts: 562Member
    edited December 2017
    WubWub wrote: »
    About heal - maybe the problem is a broken concept. My change could fix that.
    my idea is to change heal back to the original stats but remove the 7th tick
    1o8Am0P.jpg
    this awsome sig is made by the amazing DeltaDroid4
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    dude2050 wrote: »
    WubWub wrote: »
    About heal - maybe the problem is a broken concept. My change could fix that.
    my idea is to change heal back to the original stats but remove the 7th tick

    That still leaves the problem of it having an immensely strong synergy with certain cards (3M, MH) and being completely useless to others. Making it a weaker, 2 elixir gimmick card that can be used in a variety of situations may fix that problem.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • kreshakresha Posts: 101Member
    edited December 2017
    Becofe i comment on the changes, I want u to know that I think that the balance changes should not be made based on the meta. So i will be giving my replies based on that philosophy .



    Mega Knight - I do agree that it needs a nerf, just not sure if ur proposition is the right one.

    Lightning - No. It stuns, 1shots wizzard, 1shots witch, its INSTANT and has more range than fireball. Lightning is a simple click-kill impossible to miss spell that offers positive elixir trades in many situations.

    Ice Wizard - agree

    Wizard - Not sure. He tends to be deadly if u dont have fireball or lightning.

    Ice Spirit - It does need a little nerf, but not this one. Do not forget that the ice golem has tanking power AND does slow on death for just +1 elixir, so if u transform ice-spirit stun in to slow, it would be useless compared to the ice golem

    Royal Giant - OK

    Elite Barbarians - OK

    Giant Skeleton - This might be too much but the GS does need a buff IMO. I personaly think that his ability to threaten the tower with the bomb should be increased while the bomb damage itself nerfed, thus buffing his offense and nerfing his defense.

    Dart Goblin - Agree

    Baby Dragon - OK

    Bomber - Agree

    Heal - Not sure

    Knight - He is fine after the nerf. Compare the knight to the valkyrie... She has more HP, more DPS and AOE for just 1 more elixir.

    Night Witch - Just add +1 bat on death. Nothing more IMO

    Electro Wizard - He is fine IMO

    Prince - He is quite good after the buff

    Dark Prince - agree

    LAVA HOUND (and pups) - Maby 50% for both is too much but i agree that the lava hound is weak.

    Battle Ram - Agree.

    Cannon Cart - No. The cannon cart is quite a unique balanced card imo. Ur change would turn it into the most OP tower in the game... (731x2 = 1462 hp. IT has 1408) Not to mention it would be smore resistant to spells because of the shield. Not to mention IT MOVES.

    Cannon - Not sure, for just 3 elixir, the cannon is quite hard to play against for beatdown decks.

    Barbarians - Agree


  • UltraLegoGamerUltraLegoGamer Posts: 90Member
    There's multiple disagreements with this but because I'm on mobile I won't get into too much detail:
    Ice wizard: he doesn't need that kind of buff. In fact, using him like that would be ultimately useless and possibly harmful. I'd prefer an aoe buff
    Wizard: MOST UNDERRATED CARD IN THE GAME. He needs no buff AT ALL. He's already a very versatile card. Also, making the wizards "equal" doesn't make them balanced.
    Rg and ebarbs: both don't need to be changed to rates and neither need buffs. Changing rarity doesn't mean you have to change the stats. They're already strong enough anyways. At least in my opinion
    Prince: Doesn't need a buff either, or else he's be a god at lower levels and be pretty powerful at tourny standards.
    Ice spirit: One I haven't thought qvout, but I think a better nerf for both him and fire spirits is to have them die while jumping, like mega knight.
    Baby dragon: he needs a fix on targeting troops, he's very awkward with dead troops or changing targets.

    I'd also add a nerf for hog as imo the last nerf didn't do much, a damage nerf perhaps. A nerf for exe's health so he dies to gs bomb would be nice too.
    The dankest meme god to ever live. Danker than TheDankPrince himself. Plus just that overall Forums-Funny Guy. You should be amazed to even be in my presence. iHR48zs.png
    Signature made by spicy! Go to his signature shop in that subforum if you want a really good sig for yourself!
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    kresha wrote: »
    Becofe i comment on the changes, I want u to know that I think that the balance changes should not be made based on the meta. So i will be giving my replies based on that philosophy .



    Mega Knight - I do agree that it needs a nerf, just not sure if ur proposition is the right one.

    Why not? The reason he's so popular in meta decks is because he can be played as a defense and live through the push, meaning he was played at a discount and stopped the offense as well. Hog Rider especially - he can completely deny a hog using his spawn knockback if placed correctly. Not saying Hog Rider is weak, but Mega Knight has such powerful splash damage on defense that it has to be toned down.

    Lightning - No. It stuns, 1shots wizzard, 1shots witch, its INSTANT and has more range than fireball. Lightning is a simple click-kill impossible to miss spell that offers positive elixir trades in many situations.

    And yet it isn't used AT ALL after the radius nerf. Using it on wizards and witches is a negative trade (unless you clip something else) and Inferno cards (especially Inferno Dragon) are very powerful in the meta because of Lightning's absence. Since when is Wizard OR Witch used anyways?

    Ice Wizard - agree

    Wizard - Not sure. He tends to be deadly if u dont have fireball or lightning.

    And I'm buffing Lightning. These balances go together for a reason. Also, he's extremely fragile, especially on the opponent's side of the field, unlike Executioner. This makes the Wizard more defense and gives him room to compete with Exe.

    Ice Spirit - It does need a little nerf, but not this one. Do not forget that the ice golem has tanking power AND does slow on death for just +1 elixir, so if u transform ice-spirit stun in to slow, it would be useless compared to the ice golem

    But Ice Golem is TWICE the cost of Ice Spirit. If you think about it that way, and take into account the insane value of having a 1 elixir distraction troop that stuns and allows you to build more elixir than it cost while the enemy is distracted... Skeletons are 1 elixir and they are weak. That's by design. 1 elixir cards are simply a utility that allows the deck to cycle quicker.

    Royal Giant - OK

    Elite Barbarians - OK

    Huh. My two most controversial changes and you're fine with them. Neat.

    Giant Skeleton - This might be too much but the GS does need a buff IMO. I personaly think that his ability to threaten the tower with the bomb should be increased while the bomb damage itself nerfed, thus buffing his offense and nerfing his defense.

    That's an interesting alternative. So you suggest the bomb radius should be increased, but the bomb's damage be nerfed slightly? I like that one, actually, and I think I prefer it to my current change.

    Dart Goblin - Agree

    Baby Dragon - OK

    Bomber - Agree

    Heal - Not sure

    Knight - He is fine after the nerf. Compare the knight to the valkyrie... She has more HP, more DPS and AOE for just 1 more elixir.

    Knight costs 3 elixir and in terms of health per elixir is second only to Ice Golem as a mini tank. His health is what makes him a real threat, not his damage.

    Night Witch - Just add +1 bat on death. Nothing more IMO

    Baby steps. Night Witch is a delicate card.

    Electro Wizard - He is fine IMO

    Prince - He is quite good after the buff

    I keep forgetting to remove that change. I'm going to edit right now.

    Dark Prince - agree

    LAVA HOUND (and pups) - Maby 50% for both is too much but i agree that the lava hound is weak.

    Battle Ram - Agree.

    Cannon Cart - No. The cannon cart is quite a unique balanced card imo. Ur change would turn it into the most OP tower in the game... (731x2 = 1462 hp. IT has 1408) Not to mention it would be smore resistant to spells because of the shield. Not to mention IT MOVES.

    And then you factor in cost of the defense. The other two 5 elixir defenses are Inferno Tower and Bomb Tower. Presumably you would be using this card as a defense against heavy tanks and possibly Hog Rider if needed. But the shield would get broken while defending, and there's no way that tank is unsupported.
    Inferno Tower is good because it melts tanks quickly so you can kill support. Bomb Tower can splash the support and tank together. Cart does none of that - it only does powerful constant damage that can't hit more than one target, so it will be shredded even if it survives the attack, leaving no counterpush opportunity, which is what it excels at. And then there's the shield breaking 'stun' where the cart doesn't fire for two seconds or so.


    Cannon - Not sure, for just 3 elixir, the cannon is quite hard to play against for beatdown decks.

    Not if you have good support. Even spells do well against the Cannon.

    Barbarians - Agree


    Answers await ye, oh commenter.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
Sign In or Register to comment.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.