Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Incomplete] The Ultimate Forum Guide

ZygardeZygarde Posts: 294Moderator
edited March 2018 in Forum Talk
This is a guide meant to introduce people to the entire forum system. Although most of it will be managed by me (Zygarde), anyone can contribute in it. To contribute, you just have to make a guide about a forum feature and Message me the link of the thread so I can add it to this guide.

This guide is meant to introduce you to everything in Community Royale. So, I'd request everyone who is new to the forums to read this guide at least once.

First of all, while you registered here, you must've had to fill out some details as your email, a captcha and you had to agree to the Terms of Service as well. So, do you remember what the Terms of Service were? You forgot? No problem, here is an exact copy/paste of the Terms of Service of Community Royale:

<br />
Terms of Service
<hr /><hr />

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
copyright is owned by you.

We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol addresses accessing this web site.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
solicitations are inappropriate on this community.

We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
reason at all.

You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.

<hr /><hr />

Now, the Terms of Service are the most important thing (are you serious?) in these forums. As breaking them might totally terminate your account from existence (What is this? Terminator 4?).

Now, that you've reread the Community Royale Terms of Service, you would think that following them would totally save your account from all harm. Or would it? No, not really. There is one thing you must be aware of to be completely safe on the forums.. Which are.... nuclear missiles the Forum Rules.

If you want to read the Forum Rules, here is the link to them: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1415/updated-main-forum-rules/p1

After you've read the rules. You must've understood them clearly, right? If not, then I'd also request you to read the Forum Rules explanation here: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/114/updated-forum-rules-explanations-and-q-a/p1

So.... you read the Forum Rules and their explanation. Now you might be wondering, what will happen to you if you, by any chance, break the Forum Rules? The answer depends mostly on the situation. But most of the time, you will get an Infraction Point. Now you must be wondering, what on Earth are those? Infraction Points are points used to determine how much you or a certain person have broken the rules. You get Infraction points after rule-breaks. And a certain quantity of Infraction points can get you banned. To know more about them, read this: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/490/the-infraction-system/p1

After reading that, you'll surely know what will happen to you if you break the rules. Now, what would you do if you notice someone breaking a certain forum rule? The answer to that, is pretty simple. You Flag them. How to do that? Well, if you want to know how to Flag someone, you should take a peek at this: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/172/reporting-posts-how-you-can-make-a-difference/p1

There, so you know about the Terms of Service and the Forum Rules. And you also know what will happen to you if you break them or what to do if someone else breaks them. Now you can browse the forums safely. But... no one is safe, especially not a brave soldier forum member. Chances are the vast amount of sub-forums will confuse you to death (yes, that can happen). Just in case that doesn't happen, we suggest you to take vaccines read this: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/742/what-are-all-the-subforums-categories-explanation-and-detailing-all-subforums/p1

Now, I hope you know all the basics about the forums. This is the end of the First Part of the Ultimate Forum Guide. But fear not, more is coming really soon.
GoatSeahJieHuiVills_SkyTerrorPAZBoyFalcoNshot33GiorgakisMasterCalPikasperdude2050spicyand 2 others.
j37luq7sz2x7.png
Zygarde
Community Royale Moderator
Please message me or another moderator if you need any help
#BunTheMuds

Comments

• ZygardeZygarde Posts: 294Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Welcome to the 2nd part of the Ultimate Genocide Forum Guide. In the previous part of the guide, we discussed the Forum Rules, Infractions, Terms of Service, The subforums and some other basic stuff. Now, we are moving forward to the practical stuff you can do on the forum.

Now, that you know all the rules and terms of service and all the stuff you need to stay safe from the deadly ban hammer on the forum, you can safely do what you are actually meant to do here. Now what is that? Communicate. How do you communicate on the Forum? There are multiple ways of communication, but the most basic way to do so in the forum is to create Threads.

Threads are literally discussions on one or multiple topics, which may or may not be Clash Royale related depending on the subforum/category they are posted in. A thread is usually created and managed by one forum member, it can contain guides (like this one), discussions, suggestions, ideas or even pointless rants (which used to make up 50% of threads *facepalm*). Anyway, back on topic. Now you may want to know, how to create a thread.. Now, the answer of that, lies in a....... thread? Okay, in order to know how to create a thread, you should learn sewing see this:

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/2525/ultimate-thread-creation-guide#head

Now, that thread shows how to create a very basic thread. You may want to organize your thread to make it look appealing or do some formatting to it. There are two ways to do this, one of which is by using the text editor which is shown to you while creating a thread. To see a detailed guide on using the text editor, see this:

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/2524/guide-on-using-the-text-editor#head

Now, I said about 2 methods of organizing your thread. The first one you just learned about. The 2nd one, is a bit advanced (not really). The 2nd method of formatting your text is through the use of BBCodes. No, BBCodes does not stand for Blah Blah Codes. It stands for 'Bulletin Board Codes'. What on earth is that? Well, to know more about them, I'd advice you to read this:

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1559/wip-ultimate-guide-to-bbcodes#head

Please remember that BBCodes can be used not only on threads, but almost everywhere on this forum and most other forums. So be sure to use them on places where you can.

Now, let's take a break from communication (we'll be back at it later), and think about what exactly do you communicate through. You communicate through the profile you created by registering on the forums. Knowing about your profile is necessary to do a lot of things on the forums. So, I'd request you all to read this:

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/2515/the-guide-about-your-profile#head

After you've read it. You must have seen the badges section... Although it's not described in there, to find a full description of all the badges in the forums, read this:

https://communityroyale.com/yaga/badges

Now, let's get back to communication. I mentioned that threads are the most basic way of communication and that there are other ways too. Some of the other ways of communication is through VMs and PMs. No no no, they don't stand for Virus of Malaria and Popcorn Maker. They stand for Visitor Messages and Private Messages. To know more about them, read this:

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/2529/a-guide-on-visitor-messages-vms-personal-message-pms-and-posting-on-your-own-wall#head

Now, you know about your profile, how to create threads and other ways to communicate with forum members. Just remember about and follow the forum rules, terms of services and other things you learned in the first part of the guide and you'll be safe while communication.

And this puts an end to the 2nd part of the Ultimate Forum Guide. But there is still more to this tale of bravery Forum Guide. So, goodbye and see you again on the next post of the guide.
    CarlsonGiorgakis
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    edited October 2018
    Reserve 2.

Will include Reactions, Editing profile, sending and receiving friend requests, the Activity section, and the Best Of section
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    Reserve 3.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    Reserve 4.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    Reserve 5.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    Reserve 6.
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    Alright now guys, you are free to post. Don't worry, the reserves will be filled with guides really soon
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
  • JaceJace Posts: 308Member
    This has been a very informative post, but what is a pyramid scheme?
    Currently languishing in remorse at the part I played in creating the Toaster. Seriously, these vile machines kill THOUSANDS of people every year. Ban toasters. Use Ovens.
    If to you want something fun, head over to Forum Games and find the count to 1000 000 000 game, we are trying to reach 1500 by years end!
    Check my idea in I&FR : The Splitter Bean!
  • SeahJieHuiSeahJieHui Posts: 644Member
    edited December 2017
    Nice!

Do post links to the FAQ and how to get badges threads
    Lvl 12
    PB: 4554
    3 second PEKKAs are the best
    Rip SC CR Forums, Rip Achievements, Rip Free Chests, Rip Elixir Collector
    Forum Games: Link this to that!

I'M INACTIVE NOW CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PLAY CR so yea bye :(
    Jace wrote: »
    This has been a very informative post, but what is a pyramid scheme?

Well, a Pyramid Scheme is a business model of sorts. This business model recruits people by promising payment or other services for inviting others to join this Scheme. As a result, the amount of people that join keeps multiplying, and soon, recruiting becomes impossible and no one is able to earn money anymore.
    SeahJieHui wrote: »
    Nice!

Do post links to the FAQ and how to get badges threads

Yes, I will, don't worry ;)
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
  • Bmille3Bmille3 Posts: 137Member
    cool beans

I hate that saying but I didn't know what else to say
    QzSBkVF.jpg
  • kingwolfconkingwolfcon Posts: 4Member
    How do I write a blog on this forum?
    How do I write a blog on this forum?

Just click the + sign on the bottom right corner to make a new thread
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
    The second part of the Ultimate Forum Guide is now out..
    j37luq7sz2x7.png
    Zygarde
    #BunTheMuds
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,060Member
    Pretty nice diary guide filled with bones guides.