Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One and Only] Balloon Card Discussion Thread

PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 893Member
edited December 2017 in Card Balance Discussion
I noticed that my favorite epic doesn't have a card discussion yet so here it is...

It’s clearly a win condition, and completely useless for defense (except for last-minute kiting for a clutch win, I guess.

The Balloon works best with a tank, but you could potentially have a Balloon Rage or Balloon Freeze deck with no tank.

You can use the Balloon as a main win condition, where you should have heavy protection for the Balloon or a fast cycle, or as a secondary win condition or threat card.

Non-damaging spell cards like Clone are extremely deadly if used properly with the Balloon.

Even if the Balloon doesn’t make it to the tower, the two death bombs will deal immense damage!

And if the cloned Balloon and real Balloon both hit the towers, they can take out a tower in a matter of seconds.

When going against Balloon, always be prepared for a pre-placed spell.

Know their cycle and know if you can cycle to your counters. Always have sufficient air defense!
Balloon
  1. What do you think about the balloon?30 votes
    1. OP
      23.33%
    2. Balanced
      73.33%
    3. UP
        3.33%
GoeIxLv.png
(Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
Tagged:

Comments

  • SeahJieHuiSeahJieHui Posts: 644Member
    It's a card that's quite balanced. Easily stopped by air troops (albeit you need some firepower) but can deal a lot of damage too.

    Quite useless on defense though. There is also not much reason to use it if you can muster up some kind of a push with your other cards (if you can).
    Lvl 12
    PB: 4554
    3 second PEKKAs are the best
    Rip SC CR Forums, Rip Achievements, Rip Free Chests, Rip Elixir Collector
    Forum Games: Link this to that!

    I'M INACTIVE NOW CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PLAY CR so yea bye :(
  • quienesjoequienesjoe Posts: 1Member
    i think the damage and health is quiet balanced, but if the first hit can be delayed at least for1.5 or 1 second, this will give the chance to counter attack or defend against heavy pushes (lavaloon, giant balloon, or even rage/lumberjack balloon)
  • HBRipperHBRipper Posts: 82Member
    Dont use the card but enjoy it in the game. its about as terrifying of a card to see placed in the arena as any. Well balanced card that can be very hard to deal with when over leveled, but that is true with any overleveled card
  • NightcrawlerNightcrawler Posts: 18Member
    Balloon is fine as it is. It has many counters and also is still viable. No changes needed
  • hateTornadohateTornado Posts: 5Member
    edited February 2018
    well balanced card, probably just need to fix the problem where its almost in tower and if there is other building that is far it changes direction, it should go to the nearest building as simple as that.
  • GoinlightlyGoinlightly Posts: 15Member
    What I don’t like about the card is that it will be closer to a tower. Then someone places a building down and the balloon will do a u-turn and go for the farther building card. When it is clearly closer to a tower. There’s games where the balloon won’t ever make it to a tower for the entire game. This rendering a rage loon deck useless
    brainiacboy
  • PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 893Member
    What I don’t like about the card is that it will be closer to a tower. Then someone places a building down and the balloon will do a u-turn and go for the farther building card. When it is clearly closer to a tower. There’s games where the balloon won’t ever make it to a tower for the entire game. This rendering a rage loon deck useless

    Or any loon deck for that matter
    GoeIxLv.png
    (Sig pic made by me)

    Sig Shop | AMA
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    How is the loon even balanced? It almost guarantees a hog hit to the tower every time its placed. But wait... Its not a hog hit, its like a log to all troops aswell, allowing fireballies(its prime counters) to be RIP with a single fireball. You need to overcommit if you dont have tesla to counter it with no damage, and then again its main counters minions, archers and fireballies get hit/die by the death bomb.
    If you use a single troop, it can deal 1k damage to the tower.... 1K for five elixir? With clone and freeze its heck too annoying. And i fail to know why people can't see it has got a lot of health, enough to survive a rocket. And being air, half of the cards like mini p, skellies etc. are already eliminated as counters.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,969Member
    Vengeance wrote: »
    How is the loon even balanced? It almost guarantees a hog hit to the tower every time its placed. But wait... Its not a hog hit, its like a log to all troops aswell, allowing fireballies(its prime counters) to be RIP with a single fireball. You need to overcommit if you dont have tesla to counter it with no damage, and then again its main counters minions, archers and fireballies get hit/die by the death bomb.
    If you use a single troop, it can deal 1k damage to the tower.... 1K for five elixir? With clone and freeze its heck too annoying. And i fail to know why people can't see it has got a lot of health, enough to survive a rocket. And being air, half of the cards like mini p, skellies etc. are already eliminated as counters.

    Well you forgot that Balloon is absolutely useless in defense. It is a pure offensive card. Due to this, it needs to have those attributes to be an offensive card.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    edited October 2018
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    Vengeance wrote: »
    How is the loon even balanced? It almost guarantees a hog hit to the tower every time its placed. But wait... Its not a hog hit, its like a log to all troops aswell, allowing fireballies(its prime counters) to be RIP with a single fireball. You need to overcommit if you dont have tesla to counter it with no damage, and then again its main counters minions, archers and fireballies get hit/die by the death bomb.
    If you use a single troop, it can deal 1k damage to the tower.... 1K for five elixir? With clone and freeze its heck too annoying. And i fail to know why people can't see it has got a lot of health, enough to survive a rocket. And being air, half of the cards like mini p, skellies etc. are already eliminated as counters.

    Well you forgot that Balloon is absolutely useless in defense. It is a pure offensive card. Due to this, it needs to have those attributes to be an offensive card.

    I can have a deck in which one card is purely offensive and rest 7 cards are defensive. Thats what Lava Hound decks do. Even freeze and rage in loon freeze/rage decks (ok, even clone) can be used defensively.
    An offensive card cannot excuse the ridiculous amount of damage for its cost and a sort of guaranteed hog hit on tower and other defenders.
    Edit: And why does it take down defending units if its a pure offensive card?
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    This is another card that deserves a nerf just because of overuse. 15th most used across all of clash. If your below 4k you see it approx 1 in every 5 decks.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,229Moderator
    killer wrote: »
    This is another card that deserves a nerf just because of overuse. 15th most used across all of clash. If your below 4k you see it approx 1 in every 5 decks.

    Someone on Reddit summed the card up nicely. It's overpowered in LavaLoon, but not overpowered with other decks.

    Honestly, if all you take is death damage to the tower plus counterpush, that's fine. I've placed Minion horde multiple times to fully stop balloon and then they avoid the bomb. Of course, then they arrow it...
    pv7u5U6.jpg

    CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

    BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

    Please read the Forum Rules

    Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    killer wrote: »
    This is another card that deserves a nerf just because of overuse. 15th most used across all of clash. If your below 4k you see it approx 1 in every 5 decks.

    Someone on Reddit summed the card up nicely. It's overpowered in LavaLoon, but not overpowered with other decks.

    Honestly, if all you take is death damage to the tower plus counterpush, that's fine. I've placed Minion horde multiple times to fully stop balloon and then they avoid the bomb. Of course, then they arrow it...
    While I don’t have figures to support it, I have to believe its prominence in the mid game is an argument that users feel its really strong. By that I mean its heavily used aroun 3-4k and usually NOT as part of lavaloon. The deck where they run lumberjack followed by loon is very popular in this region.

    In arena 10 it has a 20% use rate, 15% in 11 and 10% in arena 12. That seems substantial to me.


    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
Sign In or Register to comment.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.