Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

Monthly realization how inept SC can be...

killerkiller Posts: 228Member
Its here... that monthly ritual where all good will for supercell goes out the window as I realize how stupid season reset is.... level 13 players with 13/11/8/4 decks at 4100 playing against players upwards of 3 levels below them. How stupid this whole thing is handled. Should be a record for most boneheaded game design of a mobile game,

Comments

• OmgItsEthanOmgItsEthan Posts: 899Member
    There will be maxed players there at the first of the season 100% always because season reset puts them there. Just wait a bit for It to "air out"
    22fRfDl.jpg
    Sig by JcctehTheWise

Suicide and Depression is not a joke: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/comment/22878#Comment_22878
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 875Member
    Well, wait for sometime till they are out.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • killerkiller Posts: 228Member
    But a game designed where players have to avoid playing for several days or have to have completely unfair battles is horribly designed. I cannot think of another game with such inept design.
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 108Member
    killer wrote: »
    But a game designed where players have to avoid playing for several days or have to have completely unfair battles is horribly designed. I cannot think of another game with such inept design.

It is not inept. It build frustration and that increases sales. In many countries people get paid monthly, and not weekly, so begin of month is when they have most money to spend.

I bet they are NOT losing money. So it is far from inept. It just is not aimed at players but at them.
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Piklashu wrote: »

It is not inept. It build frustration and that increases sales. In many countries people get paid monthly, and not weekly, so begin of month is when they have most money to spend.

I bet they are NOT losing money. So it is far from inept. It just is not aimed at players but at them.
    If you are saying it makes then more money then your comment s saying they made giod business decisions,,, I am saying it is bad game design,

Also, I woukd argue that it doesnt make them money... speaking for myself, though Im betting Im not alone, a game that irritates me doesnt make me want to spend money. Quite the opposite... I dont want to spend money because I dont reward irritation.

If you are saying it makes then more money then your comment s saying they made giod business decisions,,, I am saying it is bad game design,

Also, I woukd argue that it doesnt make them money... speaking for myself, though Im betting Im not alone, a game that irritates me doesnt make me want to spend money. Quite the opposite... I dont want to spend money because I dont reward irritation.

Game purpose is to make money, so any design that helps out advice this goal is good design.

To give enjoyment is merely a mean to generate money.

You may see through the veil and do not spend. But many do. Psychology explain that many people tend to want to"get even" when beaten. That's why gamblers lose a ton of money, they want to"get back" what they lost. Also, take into consideration that many many players have NO idea of the season resets.

Many people never read the news, and below 4k they do not experience any adjustment. That's maters nothing until they get close to 4k. When they do however, at season reset, the average Joe only see that people on his arena level now have cards that are above his own. His though is"I need to get in par with those new levels or I will get kicked out of my place." Remember he have no idea about the reset, and many players on 4k get smacked down by the big fish in reset and find themselves at 3700-4000 range (personal experience)

So they buy cards hoping to adjust their decks to the new levels, so they can proceed to advance in the game.

Elegant, albeit evil.
    VengeanceZygarde
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    I dont think youre right here... the season reset is supposedly because the leaderboard would never change if people could endlessly get cups. I would also be surprised if 99.5% of all users arent aware of season reset... its never been a secret, SC explains it, its discussed in the forum, theres a countdown for it on every players profile.

And regarding spending... all I can say is I used to spend small amounts on the game. But havent in nearly a year for a myriad of reasons relating to problems with the game.

The issue to with spending past 4k is its too expensive. Early on one could drop 5 or $10 and boost a few cards and see the effects. At 4k where card levels are at one could spend $40 just to get the gold required to level 1 card. When Im battling and see people who have 3-4 card levels above mine, I know Id have to spend $200 to catch up... Im sure Im not alone in not having that money to burm in a game nor, if I did, would I think its a good value.

Well I just fought a guy (3810tr) that had 2 common level 12/3 rares level 10/2 epic level 6 and one epic level 7

I may be wrong, but those are not card levels for high electric/low leg

Either he is a no life mouth breathing egotistical bastard that drop to beat others because that is the only accomplishment he will ever have in life (we are in rage, right?)

Or

He is a victim of 4800 people resecting to 4000 and breathing him down.

Either way, it is RIDICULOUS to find such card levels on arena 11
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    It is amazing hiw many really horrible players there are who have spent a lot and will never break little more then 4-4.5k. I keep battling people with 5-6 maxxed cards whise PBs are like 4.4k. To have spent so much and to still progress so little.
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 875Member
    It is amazing hiw many really horrible players there are who have spent a lot and will never break little more then 4-4.5k. I keep battling people with 5-6 maxxed cards whise PBs are like 4.4k. To have spent so much and to still progress so little.

There are few people who have less or no skill and reach there on levels alone. Or they could be there to troll others and get easy wins.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
    I got to Challenger 1 today. Chest granted Now I am considering following SC recommendation to bring out the hate by dropping about 600 trophies, and spending the rest of the month there, getting crowns, spamming cry.

After all, if the game design permits it, there is no problem at all, right?
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • LAVA7171LAVA7171 Posts: 5Member
    It really is a pain. Way too many level 13s at 4.3k. I can't break 4.4k due to level 13 zap killing my minion horde and goblins (both level 11)
    I am a F2P level 11 at 4.3k and am the leader of a small but active clan called The Codex. My deck is dark prince and goblin barrel at lvl 6. Arrows minion horde, mortar, and Tesla at level 11. And my favorite card, bomb tower at level 10.
    LAVA7171 wrote: »
    It really is a pain. Way too many level 13s at 4.3k. I can't break 4.4k due to level 13 zap killing my minion horde and goblins (both level 11)
    I have a PB of 4550ish using my deck that has 1 lvl13 (gob gang) 1 lvl10 rare (ram) and 1 lvl7 epic (poison)... all my other cards are 12/9/6/2 at best. Yet I just watched a clashwithshane video where he is at 4500 with people sporting decks like 13/11/7/4. It is absolutely ridiculous. A few more months and there will be fully maxxed players just above 4k.

• LokiLoki Posts: 162Member
    I got to Challenger 1 today. Chest granted Now I am considering following SC recommendation to bring out the hate by dropping about 600 trophies, and spending the rest of the month there, getting crowns, spamming cry.

And this is why you should lose the chest if you drop below the threshold.
    Loki wrote: »

And this is why you should lose the chest if you drop below the threshold.

SC will implement that. The same update they put perm mute, reopen the forums and really start to take measures to avoid toxic players.

Honest. They will. I think it is scheduled for 30th next month
    PI-CLASH-uuuu