Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One and Only] Freeze Spell Card Discussion Thread

I've been using this card since I was in arena 5 and it has been my favorite spell card since then. It can be used both offensively and defensively. The freeze spell can be used to immobilize any nearby enemy troop to support your push and cause immense damage to the tower, it can also be used to freeze the opponent's push during a clutch win. The Freeze spell costs 4 elixir which can be used as an advantage to the opponent and causes no damage.
Freeze Spell
  1. What do you think Freeze needs?13 votes
    1. Nerf
      15.38%
    2. Buff
      38.46%
    3. Nothing
      46.15%
  2. How strong is Freeze?13 votes
    1. OP
      15.38%
    2. UP
      23.08%
    3. Balanced
      61.54%
  3. Do you have Freeze?13 votes
    1. Yes
      84.62%
    2. No
      15.38%
GoeIxLv.png
(Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
Tagged:

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,868Member
    Freeze is not OP or UP, is just too unbalanced because of the upgrating system, which makes its TS stats useless. Freeze needs something to be upgrated, such as damage, so it can keep the same freezing time always.
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    Freeze is not OP or UP, is just too unbalanced because of the upgrating system, which makes its TS stats useless. Freeze needs something to be upgrated, such as damage, so it can keep the same freezing time always.
    No thanks. Freeze is super op but people wont realise it.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    The thing that Freeze does not have which Rage does have, is that it does not show when it will expire. While with Rage, those symbols in the edge of its radius show when it will expire. If Freeze had something like that, it would be easier to use.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,868Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    The thing that Freeze does not have which Rage does have, is that it does not show when it will expire. While with Rage, those symbols in the edge of its radius show when it will expire. If Freeze had something like that, it would be easier to use.

That's a good point. Maybe some kind of "clock shadow effect" in the spell circle could work?
    Anyways, I still think the upgrating system needs improvements
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,116Moderator

I just thought of an interesting buff that would fix the inconsistency between TS and Max lvls, make it truly feel Epic, and possibly make it viable.

The first thing is, of course, set a constant time that never changes as it upgrades :crsmirk: However, that by itself ruins lvling it up. Hence my solution.

Why does Freeze immediately wear off when it expires? Why doesn't it slowly wear off? In other words, what if it had the Ice Golem's frost nova effect? After the time is up, the enemy units and troops will slowly start to attack (if units are there) at 10% speed, then up to 100% after a few extra seconds.

Not only that, but it would also add some damage to the frost nova that ticks, like poison. Only issues would be other spells (like Heal being able to cancel the frost nova's damage or DD maybe being able to take down units that normally survive it).
    Buildings are not affected by damage (like Nado) but are affected by the slowness

My idea would need tweaking for specific stats and stuff but I think it could work. I also have a rework in the workings for Rage (maybe I'll post it before finals eat me up :crsmirk: )
    PAZBoydude2050Carlson
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
    Please dont add damage to it, its already game-breaking.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
  • dude2050dude2050 Posts: 560Member
    MasterCal wrote: »

I just thought of an interesting buff that would fix the inconsistency between TS and Max lvls, make it truly feel Epic, and possibly make it viable.

The first thing is, of course, set a constant time that never changes as it upgrades :crsmirk: However, that by itself ruins lvling it up. Hence my solution.

Why does Freeze immediately wear off when it expires? Why doesn't it slowly wear off? In other words, what if it had the Ice Golem's frost nova effect? After the time is up, the enemy units and troops will slowly start to attack (if units are there) at 10% speed, then up to 100% after a few extra seconds.

Not only that, but it would also add some damage to the frost nova that ticks, like poison. Only issues would be other spells (like Heal being able to cancel the frost nova's damage or DD maybe being able to take down units that normally survive it).
    Buildings are not affected by damage (like Nado) but are affected by the slowness

My idea would need tweaking for specific stats and stuff but I think it could work. I also have a rework in the workings for Rage (maybe I'll post it before finals eat me up :crsmirk: )
    i like this idea the frost nova should last 1.5 secs and one lot of 67 damage (at ts)
    1o8Am0P.jpg
    this awsome sig is made by the amazing DeltaDroid4
  • meMEGAMINDmeMEGAMIND Posts: 220Member
    Awesome maxed, meh at TS. Needs a rework to 3 elixir and nerf stats accordingly. Make it less risk, therefore less gimmicky.
    memegamind.png
    I see Elite Barbarians every match...
  • FusionBoltFusionBolt Posts: 179Member
    Freeze probably doesn't need some kind of rework. Only 2.4% usage. I feel it should have a 0.25 radius increase and Freeze duration +0.1 sec. It can sometimes be hard to believe it is 4 elixir.
    Electro.png
    Current high: 3085 trophies, CR Content Creator, And Loyal Hog Rider user!
    Hog Rider Stats: Usage: 28% +2.5% Win-rate: 48% -1.5%
  • DeathOrGloryDeathOrGlory Posts: 8Member
    Lvl 7 freeze seems to be the sweet spot. I don't see many freeze until I grind into the lvl 7 area, then they begin to pop up.
    edited October 22
    I find freeze ridiculously annyoing, broken and OP. It can provide from 0 to infinite elixir value. But its not even based on skill, just luck and timing. GY + freeze justs kills your counters and generates you a negative elixir trade. Loon + freeze is instant defeat in sudden death in most cases, and loons death damage allows fireball to one shot the counters used since most of them are squishy. Its just lame that you spend so much elixir yet the opponent gets positive elixir trade. Skarmy +freeze = RIP ground push, even MiniP freeze works very nicely.
    Freeze is even more broken in rage and sudden death.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,116Moderator
    Vengeance wrote: »
    I find freeze ridiculously annyoing, broken and OP. It can provide from 0 to infinite elixir value. But its not even based on skill, just luck and timing. GY + freeze justs kills your counters and generates you a negative elixir trade. Loon + freeze is instant defeat in sudden death in most cases, and loons death damage allows fireball to one shoy the counters used since most of them are squishy. Its just lame that you spend so much elixir yet the opponent gets negative elixir trade. Skarmy +freeze = RIP ground push, even MiniP freeze works very nicely.

Don't forget Touchdown, it's probably the best card in that gamemode due to the lack of towers.

Seth said that a Freeze change will be coming, not in November, but in December, after the CRL finals
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Vengeance wrote: »
    I find freeze ridiculously annyoing, broken and OP. It can provide from 0 to infinite elixir value. But its not even based on skill, just luck and timing. GY + freeze justs kills your counters and generates you a negative elixir trade. Loon + freeze is instant defeat in sudden death in most cases, and loons death damage allows fireball to one shoy the counters used since most of them are squishy. Its just lame that you spend so much elixir yet the opponent gets negative elixir trade. Skarmy +freeze = RIP ground push, even MiniP freeze works very nicely.

Don't forget Touchdown, it's probably the best card in that gamemode due to the lack of towers.

Seth said that a Freeze change will be coming, not in November, but in December, after the CRL finals

Oh, thanks for reminding. Luckily they removed hog else it was an insta win with freeze. Still b-ram is very good with freeze if the opponent lacks a building.
    YIoX9bC.jpg