Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

First Balance Changes

KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 212Member
edited November 2017 in Card Balance Discussion
<p>Here comes the first set of balance changes on this forum besides the 'Nerf Hog' test :) Let me know what you all think:</p><p>NOTE: All edited balances are in italics, all removed are crossed-out.</p><p>Knight - Hit Points Decreased by 7% (1307 from 1399)</p><p>Affects most cards.</p><p>Hog Rider - Damage Decreased by 4% (254 from 264)</p><p>I have considered the No-Pig-Push option, but this might be the simpler option, especially for overlevelled Hogs.</p><p>Goblins - Damage Decreased by 6% (100)</p><p>By request; affects the Goblin Gang and Goblin Barrel.</p><p>Goblin Barrel - Initial Spawn Time Increased by 0.5 seconds</p><p>Allows Fire Spirits to become a viable counter to the Goblin Barrel before they get the first hit.</p><p>Cannon - Damage Increased by 9% (139 from 127)</p><p>One less hit to destroy a Hog Rider. Does not affect the Battle Ram.</p><p>Guards - Shield Hit Points Increased by 33% (266 from 199), Damage Increased by 8% (93)</p><p>Survives the Log and Arrows of the same level (underleveled will still wipe out the shield). Does not affect troop or tower interactions (only protects it from overlevelled cards). Shield is now the same as the Dark Prince. Same damage as the Dart Goblin.</p><p>Bomb Tower - Damage Increased by 11% (195 from 176), Hit Speed Increased to 1.4 seconds</p><p>Needs to stand up to the Inferno Tower a lot better than it has been.</p><p>Heal Spell - Healing Increased by 8% (190/sec, 475HP total)</p><p>The old Heal Spell healed 176/sec for 3.5 seconds (including the extra tick) for 616HP. This should help out Archers, Guards, Bombers and even the Flying Machine. The idea of it being 2.5 seconds rather than instant is to protect against area denial for smaller units.</p><p>Barbarians - Hit Points Increased by 2% (648 from 636)</p><p>Does not affect the Valkyrie or Prince. Affects Goblins, Knight, Bandit, Miner and X-Bow. Overlevelled Barbarians can take an extra tower hit after a Fireball.</p><p>Ice Spirit - Freeze reworked to a Slow Effect (30%)</p><p>Requested; should change the role dramatically without losing it's versatility as a cycle card.</p><p>Mortar - Deadzone bug to be fixed</p><p>Applies to Spear Goblins and Bombers; tell me if there are any more.</p><p>Rage Spell - Can now stack Rage Spells together</p><p>Will include the Lumberjack's Rage for simplicity.</p><p>- KN11F3D</p>
Sparky Enthusiast⚡
-=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
Tagged:

Comments

• TheDankPrinceTheDankPrince Posts: 216Member
    For the Hog, a damage reduction and pig push would be nicer since it stops him from being even more abused.

Pleased with the Knight change.
    TheDankPrince - horse rider and prince of the dankest memes. The Kingdom returns!
  • KingBencentKingBencent Posts: 259Member
    For the Hog, a damage reduction and pig push would be nicer since it stops him from being even more abused.

Pleased with the Knight change.

I agree, especially the Knight.
    twpwe7y9tha9.png
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 456Member
    Tesla is pretty strong already. Cannon is ok as a three elixir building. Otherwise looks good, even though the Knight nerf would nerf my only maxed card :)
  • RiriRiri Posts: 194Member
    Fonts should be auto adjusted to smaller ones when it comes to thread like these though, like just imagine everyone doing quote on quote thoughts on onto these balance change thread
    ok.
  • TheDankPrinceTheDankPrince Posts: 216Member
    Riri wrote: »
    Fonts should be auto adjusted to smaller ones when it comes to thread like these though, like just imagine everyone doing quote on quote thoughts on onto these balance change thread

Ye the font is terrible. But that aside the light design is a little distracting too.

Tesla looks a bit strong alright, I'd hold off that change.
    TheDankPrince - horse rider and prince of the dankest memes. The Kingdom returns!
  • RiriRiri Posts: 194Member
    Riri wrote: »

Ye the font is terrible. But that aside the light design is a little distracting too.

Tesla looks a bit strong alright, I'd hold off that change.

Not to mention the hitbox size for the quoting should b bigger because it's a bit hard to click it when you want to quote someone
    ok.
  • BUFFTHEROCKETBUFFTHEROCKET Posts: 129Member
    I think Tesla is fine as is, my friend showed me a replay where he trolled by spamming Tesla to counter minion horde.

I personally think hog needs a small health nerf as it seems he often reaches the tower with just a sliver of health
  • KingBencentKingBencent Posts: 259Member
    Hog nerf agreed. Knight nerf needed. Rocket Buffing? Not so much. Sorry @BUFFTHEROCKET
    twpwe7y9tha9.png
  • TheEnderRabbitTheEnderRabbit Posts: 203Member
    Buff RG and EB, they are bad at tournaments. Promotes diversity in ladder, not only hog. Of course some tweaks like a cap to dont let you level up cards higher than you king tower. buff regular barbarians, helps ram too and the hut. The insane value that ram gave was due heal, now nerfed and its charge its hard to make it connect, why not buff the second phase when its not avaible to make a huge damage but not a little, unlike the hog it usually gives a hit.
  • pyguyofdoompyguyofdoom Posts: 61Member
    i agree with all, except for unneeded rocket buff and not a strong enough hog nerf
    Good morning. In a few days, the final push will commence to save the forums. Forumers from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest forum save in this history of this forum! Forum -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it is fate that today is the 24th of october, and we will once again be fighting for our rights, not from abuse, stupid trolls, or spam bots -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist on this very forum! And should we win the day, the 24th of october will no longer be known as my holiday, but as the day when the clash royale forum declared in one voice:
    We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!
    Soon we must fight for our independence!
  • PhantomPhoen1xPhantomPhoen1x Posts: 369Member
    Personally, I am happy with the Knight change, the Knight is used in many decks and is a beast when overleveled, whilst only having a 3 elixir cost. Its damage is reasonable so a health nerf is good.

Hog rider: Obviously a controversial card, but the way in which this nerf is approached is good. 4% won't kill the card, at most it is one less tower hit to kill. Pig Push is currently fine, as buildings would otherwise counter far too easily.

Tesla: I would prefer not to buff it as of now, it has just undergone a decent buff (in terms of DPS and one-shot interactions) recently. It will take some time for players to try it out and consider its possible place in the meta. So I'd rather leave this card for now, but a second buff could be possible if usage rates do not rise after a few more weeks.

Cannon: 9% is a pretty large buff and I could definitely see this bringing the Cannon back again. However the Cannon is a 3 elixir card and this might make defensive play become much more powerful again.

Guards - Definitely needs a buff. I'm not actually sure what is the best possible buff here but in my opinion Guards have always lacked a bit of damage. Maybe a small buff of around 8% damage could work out, but I also like this idea as it makes it even more of a stronger option in the face of low-cost spells.

Bomb Tower - Definitely a card that is in need of balance, but hard to balance. Clash Royale has always been different to Clash of Clans in the way that pushes just don't have as much swarm to them. Whether it is a simple Hog push or a Golem beatdown, there are just not many units to splash. Thus Bomb Tower simply cannot utilize its full swarm-countering potential (after all, nobody pushes with only swarms, with the exception of Goblin Barrel which Bomb Tower doesn't counter well anyways.) I would rather not go back to the days where Bomb Towers were impassable concrete walls (pls don't buff health!), so I'm happy with a damage buff. Perhaps reducing the hitspeed, say, 2 seconds, but severely increasing damage (maybe +20%) could also work, with interactions such as one-hitting goblins and being able to kill glass cannons behind tanks quicker.

Heal Spell - One of the most useless cards in the game right now, with Bridge Spam not as popular anymore. I haven't actually seen any decent uses for this card and I think its heal should be increased as you said. An additional buff to consider (possibly not both at once though) is to increase the radius - its radius just seems small and too easy for troops to run out of.)

Barbarians - Happy with this, wouldn't break too many interactions. Barbs are actually a decent card when used well but there's just no place for them as swarms are more efficient (have you ever felt how 'clumsy' barbs are when attacking?)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    All hail TheBlastoise for this awesome new forum!
  • TheSteveTheSteve Posts: 17Member
    Knights fine. And if it does get a nerf 7%? Seriously. I sense some salt on that one. Probably an Ebarb user.

Also Hog not getting a nerf. Loch confirmed this already. So we might as well stop guessing on what the nerf is going to be.
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 212Member
    TheSteve wrote: »
    Knights fine. And if it does get a nerf 7%? Seriously. I sense some salt on that one. Probably an Ebarb user.
    I don't have any salt on this one and I despise Elite Barbarians, but that view on the Knight is mainly based on other people's opinions on it. I do personally think of this nerf because it doesn't break the card's potential or use in any way; all it does is let other units destroy him in one or two hits less across the board. If I nerfed the damage, the Valkyrie, Miner and Bandit would start taking over.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
    KN11F3D wrote: »
    TheSteve wrote: »
    I don't have any salt on this one and I despise Elite Barbarians, but that view on the Knight is mainly based on other people's opinions on it. I do personally think of this nerf because it doesn't break the card's potential or use in any way; all it does is let other units destroy him in one or two hits less across the board. If I nerfed the damage, the Valkyrie, Miner and Bandit would start taking over.

Why is it necessary to have him die in 1-2 hits less? He's a pure defensive support card who has only seen his usage increase because he's actually great at stopping Hogs and then setting up a counter push.

If he gets to your tower sure he does a lot of damage. But maybe that's a nerf he could use. If anything I'd rather see him get a HP buff combined with a nerf to his damage to crown towers.
    As for the others,
    Hog everyone agrees it needs a change but Supercell thinks its fine.... so yeah
    Tesla & Cannon nice suggestions but I think if the Hog was properly balanced these wouldn't be needed

Gaurds I think need a total rework. Would love to see them increase the count to 4, increase elixir to 4, add a 2 second shield and maybe a small DPS buff.

Bomb Tower I think 11% is too much. Does need something though.

Heal, only fix for Heal is to remove it from the game.

Barbas perfectly balanced