Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Elite Barbarians card discussion

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,699Member
edited February 3 in Card Balance Discussion
This is a card that anybody HATES, including me. They are everywhere in ladder, non-existent in tournaments. Especially if he is paired with Royal Giant or Sparky, this is the Hate Trio. So should they be debuffed.
Carlson
About Elite Barbarians:
  1. What do you think about Elite Barbarians21 votes
    1. Balanced
      33.33%
    2. Overpowered
      19.05%
    3. Useless
      47.62%
  2. Do you have Elite Barbarians21 votes
    1. Yes :P
      80.95%
    2. No :(
      19.05%
  3. When you open chests do you wish you do not get Elite barbarians21 votes
    1. Yes, I hate the card
      76.19%
    2. No, I am an Elite Barbarians fan
      23.81%
  4. Do you have problems countering them21 votes
    1. Yes, they are so powerful
        9.52%
    2. No, but they can catch you off guard
      61.90%
    3. No, I destroy them like eating pancakes
      28.57%
s4qeovgwlat8.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 1,963Moderator
    Short of ladder caps, don't see how they can be balanced without being everywhere on Ladder. I'd leave that card alone until they come up with a solution for Ladder overleveling.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4552 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/88 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    I would just ban them from ladder if I was SC. They are way too powerful there, but buff them so they can be at least good in challenges
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,382Member
    The only solution is to remove them, they are so broken.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • LokiLoki Posts: 249Member
    Why do you all Hate EB? It's not like they are hard to counter and NO I do not use them. As for over leveled cards that is a complete Myth because cards are designed to be leveled up to specific levels so the only way that they could be over leveled is if someone was able to level a card beyond what the game will allow.
  • dude2050dude2050 Posts: 554Member
    the cards themselves aren't the problem its overleveling as im lvl 11 i'd be happy to face lvl 11 elite barbarians but i'm always facing lvl 13 elite barbs and mortars. overleveling is the frustrating part.
    1o8Am0P.jpg
    this awsome sig is made by the amazing DeltaDroid4
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 1,963Moderator
    Loki wrote: »
    Why do you all Hate EB? It's not like they are hard to counter and NO I do not use them. As for over leveled cards that is a complete Myth because cards are designed to be leveled up to specific levels so the only way that they could be over leveled is if someone was able to level a card beyond what the game will allow.

EBarbs have been hated since last year when they were the single most overpowered card in the game. Also, overleveling means having a card higher than the rest of the cards, or absurd card lvls across the board.

If they're balanced at TS, they break ladder.
    dude2050
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4552 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/88 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,382Member
    edited February 4
    I don't hate EB but the problem is over levelling, I am level 10 and people just throw lv13 ebarbs with a rage which my lvl 11 knight cannot handle properly, this is a major issue since they are common win cons. Go to tourney and you'll find ebarbs totally trash. They can't be buffed due to over levelling neither nerfed due to they are UP. Come back to ladder from 2v2 and you will also find them annoying.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • killerkiller Posts: 912Member
    People are also sick of them. In certain ranges they have been overused consistently since they came out. Despite any balance changes they have been a top win con where Ive been since they came out. At there worst we were sometimes playing against ebarbs in 60% of all battles. Just above 4k Im sometimes battling them 30-40% of all battles. The're just overplayed.

On top of that, as others have pointed, they're always maxxed quite often against people whose decks are not nearly as high. (They're popular with the kind of player who can only win if they have their decks leveled well above those of their opponents. And no one is satisfied losing to a bad player just because they have a strong card level advantage)
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 887Member
    Idk why sc made such a card. It has no special unique ability whatsoever.
    GoeIxLv.png
    (Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,699Member
    PAZBoy wrote: »
    Idk why sc made such a card. It has no special unique ability whatsoever.

Because they wanted to create a card with ideal stats. Perfect Speed and Exellent Damage and Hitpoints. The Elite Barbarians have the best stat total in the entire game, which means that they are slightly better than other cards with no unique abilities
    s4qeovgwlat8.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • LokiLoki Posts: 249Member
    MasterCal wrote: »

EBarbs have been hated since last year when they were the single most overpowered card in the game. Also, overleveling means having a card higher than the rest of the cards, or absurd card lvls across the board.

If they're balanced at TS, they break ladder.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree because I do not consider that to be over leveling. If a card can be leveled up by design to a specific level intentionally implemented in the game then that is its level, it doesn't make them over leveled. Sounds like a cop out to me.
    edited February 8
    Enough of ebarbs. They are easily the champs of most enduring overused win condition, at least in the cuprange of say 3500-4500. They were overbuffed in dec 2016 where they quickly became the #1 used card. It took 2 nerfs over 4 months to get them where they are now. During that time there use grew until at there peak they were used across all of CR at 41% but in some cup ranges some were fighting as high as 60% of all battles. Ebarbs since have always stayed as top 3 win con in the above cup range ever since. I am currently at 4200 cups and today, after 30 battles I’ve plan astounding 40% ebarbs today. With the nerfs to hog, it appears in this range ebarbs may be #1 again. And I should note that as people are getting more and more MKs it is rising steadily to #1 spot... where is may push ebarbss down again... but they will continue to hover near the top. Im just so sick. Of them.

Ps- been playing a new account and can now say that the overleveled ebarb menace begins around 2700. I dont know frequencies from here on up but already if Im battling a lvl10 player at 2700 cups hes already got lvl 8-10 ebarbs... I just hit this range with my lvl7 acct and Im already battling ebarbs maybe 30%... Im betting it gets worse from here on out.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Lol. Played nearly another 20 games since posting the above. Ebarbs still #1 most used win con btwn 4100-4250. Approx 45% or so. And it doesnt matter that most of the players stink... its just so tired....
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,705Moderator
    A possible rework could be to increase its damage but decrease it's health.

Now, that may seem like an unpopular change, but hear me out. The main thing that people find annoying about elite barbs is their insane health, so if there is a health decrease, this can tone down this major problem of elite barbs (a decrease of around 8-10%).

But, there needs to be a buff to counteract the nerf. So, maybe they could receive a damage buff of around 5-10% (big range, ik) to rework the card in order to make it more risky but more deadly.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
    We all know the real change needed is changing the rarity. SC even admitted it was a mistake but they wont fix it....
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks: