Table of Contents
I. The main idea
II. Strategies
III. Balancing
IV. Extra Information

I. The main idea

j88Uxuy.png

Nice and Simple
Whenever you casts a spell (a) random troop(s) of equal cost will pop out of the portal. The Arcane portal will then lose hitpoints based on the cost.

Here is some examples:
[2 cost] Log - Bats, Ice golems etc. - Loses 2% of it's hitpoints (Tournament standards: 39)

[3 cost] Arrows - Royal Ghost, Skeleton Army etc. - Loses 3% of it's hitpoints
(Tournament standards: 58)

[4 cost] Poison - Hogrider, Baby Dragon etc. - Loses 4% of it's hitpoints
(Tournament standards: 77)

[5 cost] Graveyard - Giant, Minion horde etc. - Loses 5% of it's hitpoints
(Tournament standards: 97)

[6 cost] ROCKET - Royale Giant, Sparky etc. - Loses 6% of it's hitpoints
(Tournament standards: 116)

DISCLAIMER! This is not official

[7 cost] Mirror + Lightning - Mega Knight, PEKKA etc. - Loses 7% of it's hitpoints (Tournament standards: 136)

To make sure that no one is rushed by Hog Riders, are the troops deploy time multiplied by 2. That will mean:

If you casts a fireball and a Hog rider pops out, will it take 2secs (from 1sec.) For the Hog rider to take action

Royale Giant is another great example. When you casts lightning and RG pops out, will it take 4secs (from 2sec.) For the RG to take action.

Spawn damage doesn't trigger aswell. (Ewiz and Mega Knight)

This card disadvantage is probably it's randomness, and the high cost.

II. Strategies

Aggresive
Put the Arcane Portal by the bridge, and spam spells, to see your opponent suffer.

Defensive
Put the Arcane Portal all the way back. This strategy has a high value. Since it might survive longer than an aggresive strategy.

Why not both?
Put the Arcane Portal in the middle of your field. That way do you secure your crown tower from taking damage by Giants and more. And you might grow up some swarm troops while casting spells, that will takedown the Giant.

Spell-Only
One Arcane Portal and a lot of spells, see what you can get.
This might also be a fun thing to do with friends and family.
It could even be a challenge!

III. Balancing

Cost: 6 |Target: Air & Ground | Type: Building | Rarity: Legendary |
Lifetime: 1 min | Deploy Time: 2sec|

Level 1: Common: 9 | Rare: 7 | Epic: 4 | Legendary| 1
Level 2: Common: 10 | Rare: 8 | Epic: 5 | Legendary| 2
Level 3: Common: 11 | Rare: 9 | Epic: 6 | Legendary| 3
Level 4: Common: 12 | Rare: 10 | Epic: 7 | Legendary| 4
Level 5: Common: 13 | Rare: 11 | Epic: 8 | Legendary| 5

Hitpoints does not increase.

IV. Extra Information

Changelogs Coming Soon...

Check out my other stuff too: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/330/feedback-on-this-one-blood-minion

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1352/card-idea-the-apprentice

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/741/heroes-in-the-game-my-thoughts

V. Conclusion

So What'cha say?
Do you think this card idea, makes no sense, sucks and doesn't fit into the game?
Or Do you think this is good?

Let me know
Down below

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and feedbacks!

Disclaimer: This is a Disclaimer

Comments

• AgehowlerAgehowler Posts: 65Member
    This took me way too long time, and I shouldn't have been so obsessed about posting it. But here it is, hope you guys like it!
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,169Member
    I could plant this then rocket the opponents tower, ebarbs rush out to defend?
    And its lifetime is too long i can get 4 such portals in 2x lix and watch my opponent cry when i rocket him. Not to mention 3x.
    Agehowler
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,376Member
    I feel that the random factor of this card would be too great when considering battle interactions. You could zap the tower and receive something defensively great like the fire spirits, or you could end up getting goblins (can't really defend ranged troops that well).

I would say that in order to remove the randomness associated with the card, you have to make sure that the troop that comes out is the same, like a barbarian for instance. Or a completely new troop. (like 2 of this troop for 2 elixir, 3 for 3 elixir, etc.)

Basically, if this card were to be in the game, try to remove any factor of randomness.
    Agehowler
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4018 |Card Levels: 11/8/6/1.5
    Main Deck: PEKKA (6) - Electro Wizard (2) - Mega Minion (8) - Giant (8) - Goblin Hut (8) - Poison (6) - Log (2) - Zap (11)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • FusionBoltFusionBolt Posts: 136Member
    MathChamp wrote: »
    I feel that the random factor of this card would be too great when considering battle interactions. You could zap the tower and receive something defensively great like the fire spirits, or you could end up getting goblins (can't really defend ranged troops that well).

I would say that in order to remove the randomness associated with the card, you have to make sure that the troop that comes out is the same, like a barbarian for instance. Or a completely new troop. (like 2 of this troop for 2 elixir, 3 for 3 elixir, etc.)

Basically, if this card were to be in the game, try to remove any factor of randomness.

Like what MathChamp said. I think random wouldn't be that good.

Agehowler
    Electro.png
    Current high: 2617 cups, CR Content Creator
    Zapping the Way...
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 531Member
    Dude, this is way OP.
    Ex: I play Rocket and I get a free Sparky? or I play Poison and I get a free Magical Archer?
    Agehowler
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,622Member
    The problem is not the card itself. It's a question of mechanic.

This mechanic reminds me on another card idea I saw, I think it was called "Summoning Circle". The base is that you spend a lot of elixir to get something strong, just like Golem. However, these cases are different, because the result isn't get by only one play, it's shared out. Here's an example that explains this:
    Take two cards that already exist in the game: Golem and Rocket. When you use Golem, you are spending 8 elixir, something that leaves your elixir bar at 2 or less, so you are vulnerable to a heavy push. This obligates the golem user to play it just in the right moment. Now let's use Rocket. You spend 6 elixir, so your elixir bar reaches 4 or less. A single rocket may not do something significant, but rocket is usually CYCLED. That's the key. Despite the total ammount of used Rockets has higher elixir cost than a Golem, the rocket user will have more remaining elixir than the golem user.
    Now take the arcane portal. A cycle player could just use it and rocket with cheap versatile cards to get a 6 elixir card with every single use of it. You get it?

TLDR: cycle makes the card low risk high reward
    Agehowler
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 902Member
    Interesting, but overpowered and broken. I recommend for you to look and use @JcttehTheWise and @MathChamp 's feedbacks. RnG should never be a thing in this game, and this card's RnG is way worse than current Graveyard, and also there is a problem.. as said. Cycling should never direct reward something, especially after every cycle and this card does pretty much it (initially and purposely). So, a no from me.. but hey, it's unique though!
    Agehowler
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • galaxytroepgalaxytroep Posts: 45Member
    edited February 18
    HEARTHSTOOONE, love the R&G aspect!! <3

But lifetime must be shorter, less hp and the hp-loss shouldn't be there.

I really want this R&G aspect in the game too!
    Agehowler
  • AgehowlerAgehowler Posts: 65Member
    I see what you guys are saying.
    It's weird, cause I only realize how broken the cards are after they're made.
    I have an idea in my mind that might be able to keep this card alive, but I think that I just will keep that idea to myself. Thanks guys! Once again did you guys give me feedback, and it really helped.
    galaxytroep