[ONE AND ONLY] Magic Archer Card Discussion

EMrfFAf.jpg
Sorry if I copied anyone.
Credits to "that" country
https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/7x03rv/magic_archer_stats/
Please, read the rules and explanations
right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
Please check out his shop!
Right here!

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 1,444Moderator
    I think he's balanced. His mechanic is really interesting and unique to CR, and his HP and dmg don't seem too OP. He can synergize with siege, while at the same time countering it with a tank in front.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

I suck at fantasy football... But not at CR!

CR Stats PB: 4184 KT: 11. Card lvls: 11.5/8.5/5.5/2. 81/83 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale

Currently inactive until July 2.

Check the Forum Rules
  • PircivalPircival Posts: 185Member
    edited February 13
    He seems pretty weak. He has 6x fewer damage than a Mini Pekka, so it'll take 6 shots to achieve equal damage, which MA can't do. It clears swarms as good as a wizard because it's projectile damage is small, and it has low damage. I guess it can hit multiple troops, but Executioner does that better for more damage and hitpoints. The upside is that he attacks fast, but for half as much damage as Musketeer at around the same speed. He has range, but only 1 more than musketeer, which means he'll only get an extra shot in.
  • ekgoalie34ekgoalie34 Posts: 100Member
    edited February 19
    I think he is balanced in terms of his attack, but for 4 elixir, things like arrows, zap, and log should not be taking such large chunks of his health away.

I still think he should die to fireball and I am ok with that, but I think a small health buff is in order imo.

I would consider his cousin to be the flying machine as they share a lot of similar statistics, however the flying machine still has a bit more health while also not suffering from being a ground unit susceptible to all attacks.
    kresha
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    Thanks to Spicy for the Sig! Go Check Out His Work.
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(7), Baby Dragon(7), MM(10), Archers(13), Rocket(10), Tombstone(10), Log(2), Dark Prince (6)
    PB: 5030 (Set on 3/3/18)
    King Tower:13
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,376Member
    As I described in detail here, the best form of splash damage is piercing splash. This is a weaker form of this splash damage because it doesn't have any other qualities (boomerang, knockback) and it is quite thin, but the range along with the cheaper cost makes this a great addition to the kinds of splash in the game.

It's quite balanced, too.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4018 |Card Levels: 11/8/6/1.5
    Main Deck: PEKKA (6) - Electro Wizard (2) - Mega Minion (8) - Giant (8) - Goblin Hut (8) - Poison (6) - Log (2) - Zap (11)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • FusionBoltFusionBolt Posts: 136Member
    At Max he does the same damage as a Level 1 Princess. One thing to consider.
    Electro.png
    Current high: 2617 cups, CR Content Creator
    Zapping the Way...
  • JeetsJeets Posts: 290Member
    I just got him in a free chest and he is honestly terrible
  • RiriRiri Posts: 185Member
    Yes he is. In my opinion on balancing him, his elixir costs should be reduced from 4 to 3 and giving it a slight health buff so it survives fireball but a slower initial attack speed and a 0.5 tile smaller range.
    Discord Server Invite
    https://discord.gg/qqmWVj4
    Youtube
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,046Member
    Agreed with Riri at this point.
    Yea, TIBIA honest, Magic archers is kinda terrible, but he has a good hitspeed (1 sec).
    I would wanna buff him if i was SC. He just doesnt look like he is a legendary right now.
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 884Member
    Riri wrote: »
    Yes he is. In my opinion on balancing him, his elixir costs should be reduced from 4 to 3 and giving it a slight health buff so it survives fireball but a slower initial attack speed and a 0.5 tile smaller range.

Agreed. It should at least have a low elixir cost since it's a legendary card
    GoeIxLv.png
    (Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 902Member
    edited March 9
    I find him pretty fine until now. I don't know about you mates, but i think he's balanced. He does the role of Princess but in decks like Beatdown and Siege, Snipe n Bait. The difference him and Princess though that he baits heavier spells like Fireball (obviously) and he is way better at taking out units in the enemy side from your side. I'm currently succesful with MA (Magic Archer) in tourneys, with a MA-Mortar Bait (Cycle) deck.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • UndeadGodSlayerUndeadGodSlayer Posts: 100Member
    I think that Magic Archer is too strong right now. His ability to splash from the other side of the arena is great. It's better than a Princess, because it doesn't die to Log, and has more DPS. And his piercing mechanic is huge when you're able to get 400+ damage when the opponent places anything behind the tower.