Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One and Only] Furnace card discussion

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,014Member
edited February 2018 in Card Balance Discussion
This is the card that the wiki community seems to hate the most. It is very controversial as it was the most popular building in the Elite Barbarians Graveyard meta in December 2016. Also hated from almost any player for how sneakily it attacks, by spawning Fire Spirits. And if the Furnace is not at a lower startdart than the Princess Towers, then one Fire Spirit will also reach the tower. Is anybody harsh enough to debuff this neverused card?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    I would change one thing about the furnace, and that would be to buff the fire spirit's health by ~2%.

This will allow lower level fire spirits to survive a hit from the tower, therefore making the furnace more viable for lower levels.

It's so weird that the fire spirits die to one shot by an equal level tower at lower levels.

Besides that? I would actually make it so that the furnace spawns two fire spirits when it dies like a tombstone. With that, there also has to be a nerf so that the last wave doesn't spawn for the furnace (maybe 1-2 sec less time).
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    MathChamp wrote: »
    I would change one thing about the furnace, and that would be to buff the fire spirit's health by ~2%.

This will allow lower level fire spirits to survive a hit from the tower, therefore making the furnace more viable for lower levels.

It's so weird that the fire spirits die to one shot by an equal level tower at lower levels.

Besides that? I would actually make it so that the furnace spawns two fire spirits when it dies like a tombstone. With that, there also has to be a nerf so that the last wave doesn't spawn for the furnace (maybe 1-2 sec less time).
    No they dont need any buff.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • UndeadGodSlayerUndeadGodSlayer Posts: 103Member
    I think that Fire Spirits in general need a 0.5 tile range buff. I also think that the Furnace should have a 5 second lifetime buff. This wouldn't make it spawn more Fire Spirits, but it would still serve as a slightly better distraction.
  • cjmaverickforevercjmaverickforever Posts: 11Member
    edited November 2018
    Have to say, I think furnace is probably one of the most annoying cards on the ladder, it’s cheapish, gives HUGE value (10x 259 damage spirits at 13), lasts ages & is a distraction for all of your troops over the bridge... the main issue is there are very few counters to it that actually positively trade or even break even?

You can’t ignore it as it constantly chips your tower, you can’t hard counter it with a spell unlike any other building (rocket is a -2 trade and the first wave of spirts always get through), and it wrecks all of your defensive troops.

Either it needs to be toned down so the spirts can’t reach the tower, or its elixir count needs to come up by 1 as it’s currently in pretty much every game I play (4600) & offers way too much value for what it costs?downloader.vip/rufus/ downloader.vip/mapquest downloader.vip/uptodate
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 683Member
    Agree furnace is very annoying in ladder. Poison counters it but it is epic, level is lower. Musketeer counters is but she dies to fireball in ladder.

I think it is ok to take a few waves of spirits. It is ok to take some damage, but not ok to let them snowball a huge push. Like when I am 2 elixir behind, and opponent plays the furnace, I often just take some fire spirit damage to even out the elixir difference.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 475Member
    ”Everywhere” is a bit of an overstatement. Use rates are under 10%. Its not op either, but it can be very annoying vs some decks.

Poison is probably the best counter, but all ranged troops keep it in check as well. Big tanks absorb the dmg quite nicely and Lightning is a good counter if you can hit something else with it.
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 526Member
    I started using furnace as a back-up option in my deck. It works well against the current Meta.

Poison and Lightening are the best counters to it because you get to chip at the tower and possibly get an extra troop kill. Fireball hurts it also with a chip at the tower.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,276Moderator
    MathChamp wrote: »

That is due to the fact that towers are proportionally stronger at lower arenas. Princess towers lvl 1-4 are proportionally strongest, then 5-8, then TS is where all tower interactions equal up from there. For example, equal lvl minions die in 2 shots rather than 3.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • JAMJAM64JAMJAM64 Posts: 12Member
    Completely agree!

I can never win against this deck because I constatnly have to stop the firespirits from getting to my tower, plus they annoyingly support any fast troop the put down.