Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Will they ever realize the real broken cards?

Jeez. We've been dealing with this nonsense for months. Are they blind?

1) Skeleton Army: Oi. Easy to kill, yes, but if you don't use Zap (we'll talk about that later), SA will kill anything before you get the chance to wipe them out. Having to target so many troops is brutal. They don't take that into account. Reduce to 8,max.

2) Balloon: Oi. One developer once said if you get your balloon to the tower, you should be rewarded. Rewarded with an instant tower destruction in 3 seconds? Get real. If you don't have 15 anti-air cards to drop-down at a moments notice, you're done. Wake up.

3) Zap: You have to use it. The game is designed around it. You're going to have trouble if you don't use it. Whether it's direct damage or resetting every card in the game, jeez, why must the game revolve around one card?

4) Goblin Barrel: This is the biggest crime ever created in a game. Toss it up all day long and win. Great job user. Great job card creator. It's disgusting. Miner has reduced direct tower damage, so must the Gobs in a barrel.

They like this stuff. Frustrating players sometimes causes them to spend money. It just causes me to puke.
Device: Galaxy S7 Edge
Trophies: 4000

Comments

• PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 861Member
    edited March 4
    1. Skeleton Army: are you serious? There are tons of counters for this card other than zap.

2. Balloon: the balloon does not have much hp. The question is, why would you not have anti-air counters? 15? One minion horde card is enough. I find it hard just getting to the tower with balloon even with support.

3. Zap: this is the most ridiculous I have seen so far. Revolving around one card? Have you even played the game?

4. Gob barrel: there's something called "counters"
    TTtheTdude2050WubWubUndeadGodSlayer
    GoeIxLv.png
    (Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
  • TTtheTTTtheT Posts: 1,092Member
    Skeleton army- Ever heard of splash cards?

Balloon- 15 anti air cards? Come on. A building and some air defense cards should be enough.

Zap- Bruh revolves around the game? Get real.

Gob barrel- There are plenty of counters try using them.

Thanks to pazboy for the sig

Check out my AMA
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1519/another-ttthet-ama

Proper way to pronounce my name.

Tee Tee the Tee
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Posts: 106Member
    I don't know why I bother posting on these forums. SC fan boys can't agree with a single point against their beloved game. Just "there's counters". There's a counter to everything, but that doesn't mean I have it.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with the game yourself and what matchmaking does? When you change your deck to counter one thing, it laughs at you and gives you another problem. It's a joke. I'm at 4000 trophies and will not play single player again. It's a headache.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 1,444Moderator
    Goblin Barrel I will agree does not have a whole ton of counters. The Log is the only positive trade it has, and I really hate that card too.

However, I do not think the above posters were in a "SC fanboi attitude." It probably seemed like that because you were exaggerating a lot
    pv7u5U6.jpg

I suck at fantasy football... But not at CR!

CR Stats PB: 4184 KT: 11. Card lvls: 11.5/8.5/5.5/2. 81/83 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale

Currently inactive until July 2.

Check the Forum Rules
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,302Member
    edited March 5
    1.)There's many cards that can counter the skeleton army before they get enough damage to kill a tank. Like the log, executioner, witch, archers, fire spirits, etc. Unless you are using a hog deck, the skeleton army is a joke (and I believe that you are using a hog rider).

2.)The balloon does so much damage because it is so easily taken out. Pack in at least three anti air counters into your deck when making a deck, and the balloon will be easier to take out. The ice spirit can stop the balloon for a time, the minions and mega minion obstruct the balloon's pathing and take it out, and the electro wizard can zap the balloon and make it harder for the balloon to get to the tower. Don't place your cards so they get spell value, and you will be fine against the balloon.

3.)It is not required to use the zap. Sure, it is extremely powerful for 2 elixir, but it has some glaring weaknesses that can make it harder to use effectively. For instance, the zap cannot kill goblins and minions, and this makes it much harder to use it on offense. Also, the zap offers the least amount of damage for a spell possible in the game, so winning the game with just a zap requires a lot of tower damage. The zap is powerful because it pairs well with cards like the fireball and poison, and unless you are using a lot of fireballies or squishies, the zap will not be an issue to play against.

4.)I agree that the goblin barrel is extremely powerful, but it only offers offensive value and not defensive value. The only reason goblin barrel is so powerful is the fact that the decks that contain goblin barrel are so defensively powerful that the opponent can afford to chip the tower while defending the card.

Basically, while you bring up a couple of cards that you could make a good argument for, your adversarial attitude in this post attracts adversarial responses, and this makes your arguments not as well as they could be.

If you can provide reasons for these card's power with support without any ad hominem attacks towards opponents, you can expect to have some thoughtful responses.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4018 |Card Levels: 11/8/6/1.5
    Main Deck: PEKKA (6) - Electro Wizard (2) - Mega Minion (8) - Giant (8) - Goblin Hut (8) - Poison (6) - Log (2) - Zap (11)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • ekgoalie34ekgoalie34 Posts: 80Member
    Still waiting for an ice spirit nerf. That card is more broken than any on your list
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    Thanks to Spicy for the Sig! Go Check Out His Work.
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(7), Baby Dragon(7), MM(10), Archers(13), Rocket(9), Tombstone(10), Log(2), Dark Prince (6)
    PB: 5030 (Set on 3/3/18)
    King Tower:13
  • TTtheTTTtheT Posts: 1,092Member
    I can see why you are frustrated but instead of conplaining and begging for a nerf, try thinking of ways you can counter the cards.

Thanks to pazboy for the sig

Check out my AMA
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1519/another-ttthet-ama

Proper way to pronounce my name.

Tee Tee the Tee
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 348Member
    Skarmy, seriously? The card is in a bad spot at the moment and needs a small buff if anything.

Balloon: its a strong card, but not op, imo. Almost any air counter takes it down and the real op cards like tornado counters it fully with a positive trade.

Zap: a kinda agree. Zap is too strong, but nerfing it would make too many cards op.

Barrel: gazillion cards counter it. Either fully counter it or take a few points of dmg and build your own push after killiing those gobs.

Weird list, but everyone is entitled of their own opinion. I wouldnt touch any of those, if I had the power of doing changes.
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,168Member
    edited March 5
    Agreed with all broken cards you wrote, just you wrote too much.
    Skarmy - just mows down any ground troop except valk very easily.
    Loon - Too hard to get to tower? Are you serious? Any tank infront or just that op freeze works. It is like a building targeting knight who drops a bomb of 1k damage. Failed to drop a bomb? Here comes an 200 death damage.
    Gob barrel - 100% has no positive counters except log and gives high reward when ignored.
    Zap - provides too much value for 2 elixir.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,559Member
    Tommy78 wrote: »
    I don't know why I bother posting on these forums. SC fan boys can't agree with a single point against their beloved game. Just "there's counters". There's a counter to everything, but that doesn't mean I have it.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with the game yourself and what matchmaking does? When you change your deck to counter one thing, it laughs at you and gives you another problem. It's a joke. I'm at 4000 trophies and will not play single player again. It's a headache.

I think everyone is free to express his opinions and critisize others'. Saying that everyone is a SC fanboy because they don't agree with your thoughs is like saying that you are a SC hater just because you complaint about some cards,

You cannot pretend to post here and have guaranteed agreement. Understand it and you will find the point on posting here ;)
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • kesthidkesthid Posts: 9Member
    1) can't see an issue with this card. can be annoying if your counters are out of cycle, but there are plenty of counters.

2) same as skellie army

3) you don't have to use zap, however most decks will either have zap or log. i would say this is more an issue with balancing low elixir cards in general, and as someone has already said ice spirit should be first in the firing line.

4) this is probably the one that i can agree with most and probably needs a small tweak.

really do think there are cards that are far more in need of looking at than the 4 you mentioned.
  • kreshakresha Posts: 101Member
    Are u a golem or pekka player?
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Posts: 106Member
    One of the true ridiculous cards is the Tornado. A card that can move your troops around and gather them all up for slaughter is insane. This card doesn't need a nerf, it needs to be removed from the game entirely.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 348Member
    Tommy78 wrote: »
    One of the true ridiculous cards is the Tornado. A card that can move your troops around and gather them all up for slaughter is insane. This card doesn't need a nerf, it needs to be removed from the game entirely.

Amen. Its a a totally idiotic card, which shouldnt never been added to the game.
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,038Member
    Just tell that to Ebarbs and RG.
    They are too broken in ladder and super weak in challenges.
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!