RiriRiri Posts: 194Member
edited October 3 in Card Balance Discussion
PEKKA Stats In Tournament Standards
Health: 3458
Damage: 678
Hitspeed: 1.8 secs
Speed: Slow

My Thoughts
- PEKKA literally counters anything ground apart from swarms or air but seriously, many cards like Knight, Mega Knight, Bandit and many other mini tanks got nerfed which gives the PEKKA an open spot to be noticed but here's why PEKKA needs to be nerfed at this point of time.

Advantage
- Kills Knight in 2 swings now(it was 3 swings before Knight got nerfed.)
- Survive Sparky Blast and 2 shots Sparky as well.
- LITERALLY 2 shots all Mini Tanks and 1 shots Fireballies.
- Efficient for killing opposing Tank push and counter push with it.
- Can be used to pull air troops towards the other lane whilst tanking with it's massive health.
- Sluggish speed which is an advantage for counter pushing or making a big push.

Disadvantage
- Easily distracted by Swarms. (But every PEKKA push always have spells so the swarms couldn't do much for distraction.)
- Can be pulled by Ice Golem or any other slow moving building target tanks like Giant and Golem.
- Slow speed which gives you more time to gain elixir to counter him and he takes forever to reach to a ranged troop to kill it.
- Can't attack air troops.
- Inferno Dragon or Inferno Tower is efficient at killing him. (Once again, every PEKKA push has a spell to screw you over.)

Conclusion
- The PEKKA, like any other cards have their own pros and cons but in the current meta where we have Mega Knight, 3 Muskies, Hog, XBow, EB, RG, Golem. PEKKA counters them all. The only thing that changes the entire scenario is whether you have enough elixir to support your PEKKA with a splash unit or a spell. I do see many PEKKA decks in the 20 Wins Challenges along with the Double Prince since SC's most recent balance changes consist of buffing both the Prince and the Dark Prince which makes PEKKA stronger along with them.

Suggested Balance Change
Im lazy to do the maths to balance this card so I will just put it in simple terms.
- Slight Health Nerf
- Slight Damage Nerf
- Slower Hitspeed
- Make PEKKA's deployment time to 2 seconds.

MasterCalTTtheT
What Do You Think Of PEKKA In Terms Of Balancing?
  1. What Do You Think Of PEKKA In Terms Of Balancing?27 votes
    1. Large Nerf
      11.11%
    2. Medium Nerf
        7.41%
    3. Small Nerf
      18.52%
    4. No Change
      48.15%
    5. Small Buff
        3.70%
    6. Medium Buff
        3.70%
    7. Large Buff
        7.41%
ok.
Tagged:

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,116Moderator
    Well said about Pekka and how it counters everything/spells screw your counters over.

I think the Barbarians shouldn't be one shot by Pekka anymore, for one thing. I'd have to do the math on decreasing Pekka damage/buffing Barb Health and I'd rather go for the second option
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,027Member
    The pekka has needed to be nerfed for awhile now but the recent challenge really demonstrates it.... close to half of all decks played were pekka decks. Challenges are mostly pekka and golem decks.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • MightyCallMightyCall Posts: 19Member
    I actually want it nerfed, my friend spammed the small buff option...
    PB: 4271
    Current: 4113
    Cards: 79/82 (Stupid Ice Wizard)

I am an X-Bow player and I love being one. My favorite part is watching your towers health being whittled down.
    Out if my last 25 ladder matches, 11 were pekka decks. And any challenge/tourney players know pekka is everywhere. If SC doesnt nerf it I’ll be convinced they dont play the game.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • dude2050dude2050 Posts: 560Member
    I am a massive pekka fan but I’ll try not to be biased :crsmirk:
    If I remember correctly originally the pekka had a 3 sec deploy time but then was buffed to 1 sec so I suggest a nerf to 1.5 or 2 seconds
    1o8Am0P.jpg
    this awsome sig is made by the amazing DeltaDroid4
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,716Moderator
    While I love pekka, I can say that it contributes to the rock-paper-scissors meta we see today. While it wrecks giant and golem decks, it doesn't fair so well against bridge spam and three muskteer decks.

Pekka kills one-lane pushes, and that's all some decks can do. But, if the deck is able to use both lanes at the same time, then pekka doesn't fare so well because it costs so much and you won't have much elixir to stop pushes on the other side.

Basically, pekka asserts lane control, but it can't control both lanes at once. That's why it can be considered "balanced". But, because pekka has such a specific purpose, it creates a rock-paper-scissors meta.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    edited April 5
    I also use PEKKA so I do not support a debuff to her

Now the thing is that I use her with a gimicky way. Basically I mirror her. And since my Mirror is overleveled (Level 4 Mirror against Level 2 Epic Cards), I always seem to beat my opponent. Now if the gimicky way succeds as well, that means that she has to be debuffed.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • TTtheTTTtheT Posts: 1,404Member
    I think pekka is strong but does its job well.

Thanks to pazboy for the sig

Check out my AMA
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1519/another-ttthet-ama

Proper way to pronounce my name.

Tee Tee the Tee
  • antiblockantiblock Posts: 38Member
    I just usually use pekka on the king tower which makes me a noob :trollface:
    anti block the new supercell -god
    I hope I see you next time B)
  • TrainerWroyceTrainerWroyce Posts: 781Member
    edited May 5
    My ice & Fire wizzies can like stop it entirely.

R U SHORE ABOUT THAT

And according my way of interpreting articles, you really want to just kill the PEKKA entirely. PEKKA is already hard enough to play don’t make it a card like the barb barrel
  • VrizuVrizu Posts: 56Member
    Pekka is one of those few cards that keep current beatdown meta under control. Nerf her and we would see even more brutal golem, giant, double prince beatdown meta.
    Why isn’t this card being nerfed? It has been OP for months.

Grand Challenges-
    It is currently the #2 used win condition card in after miner.
    It is used in 1 of every 5 decks
    It has a 79.1% win rate is such challenges which makes it about top 7 for win con cards.

Classic challenges-
    Similar to grand challenges, it is the #2 win con card after miner.
    It has a 70% win rate making it #4 win con card (after miner, rhogs and ram)

Ladder-
    It is used in 13.5% if all decks across all of ladder.
    In arenas 11 and 12 its just under 15% meaning its used in about 1 out if every 7 decks.

Imo this is clearly rates indicative of an OP card.

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    I played through the arena challege on two accounts. Now I know choices are more limited but just under 50% of all battles in 4-5-6 were pekka. Surely that shoukd indicative of its OPness
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 130Member
    What about it makes it OP in your opinion, aside from usage rates?

As a PEKKA user, I think she is well balanced. For her cost, she is a defensive behemoth that fills her role as a lane stopper well. She is strong against glass canons, mini tanks and tanks but very weak to swarms and CC, due to her slow movement.

I will admit that unlike most units, she will feel really OP when overlevelled simply due to her high base stats. I know because my level 12 PEKKA looks like a scrub when fighting a Max PEKKA.
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5516
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 13, B Dragon 12, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
    Its health and dps are nuts. It shuts down every ground meta and is really strong on offense as well. Hog, giants, golem, rhogs, MK, RG... it destroys them all.

It is weak to swarms but swarms are the easiest things to take down.

All this being said, I thinks its usage rates alone justify some amount of nerf.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks: