Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Golem Card Discussion

ClashingFTWClashingFTW Posts: 2Member
edited November 2017 in Card Balance Discussion

Guys this is getting ridiculous is that a Golem 8 Elixir for Damage not Hitpoints is is too high and I want the Hitpoints Nerf
Opinion on Golem?
  1. What does Golem need?21 votes
    1. A Huge Buff
        0.00%
    2. A Medium Buff
        0.00%
    3. A Small Buff
        9.52%
    4. Leave it as she is
      52.38%
    5. A Small Nerf
      14.29%
    6. A Medium Nerf
        9.52%
    7. A Huge Nerf
      14.29%

Comments

• AquaAqua Posts: 1,117Member
    Won't needs nerf after lighting nerf
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,330Moderator
    Pekka being in the meta is not good news for Golem. He isn't even highly used anymore. Viable? Yes. OP? No. Versatile? No. He doesn't need a nerf. Will add this to my sticky later today
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 91/91 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 16 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Join the CommunityRoyale Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/3PdFBp3
  • ClashingFTWClashingFTW Posts: 2Member
    MasterCal said:

Pekka being in the meta is not good news for Golem. He isn't even highly used anymore. Viable? Yes. OP? No. Versatile? No. He doesn't need a nerf. Will add this to my sticky later today

Oh yeah but Golem is overused and it is so hard to deal with it when you don't have any defense
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member

MasterCal said:

Oh yeah but Golem is overused and it is so hard to deal with it when you don't have any defense
    That's sort of the point. A good defense is essential to any deck. How do you counter your opponent's pushes?
    Golem is balanced right now. The Lightning nerf hit him pretty hard, and beatdown is suffering because of the fast-cycling decks running rampant. Leave him be.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • HsenoooHsenooo Posts: 1Member
    Used to be OP in the night witch meta but now it is balanced
  • ChrominatorChrominator Posts: 230Member
    <p>With all of the huge helps against her that are currently seen in the meta, such as P.E.K.K.A, Tesla, Exe-nado, Inferno Tower/Dragon, etc. she does not seem like a huge threat.</p><p>However, Golem is still very useful, and is powerful in the right players' hands, which is why I do not think she should be changed at all.</p>
    9xp4fe2hrjtm.png
    IBIv7
  • renagagerenagage Posts: 1Member
    edited June 2018
    Current status of Golem
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,070Member
    He is quite bad right now. You see, swarms are everywhere so Golem gets countered by those swarms. So he is not powerful. However I cannot say that he is useless because he can still keep up, even though he struggles.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    I use a golem as my main deck on my alt account, golem is very strong. I would nerf both golem and pekka.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • ekgoalie34ekgoalie34 Posts: 178Member
    Golem has never been a problem in the game. It is always the support troops that people look past.

Here is a brief history:
    I started using golem before he was considered meta. (About a month after the goison nerf) Keep in mind this was the last time that golem was even touched by a balance change.

Insert the introduction of the origional OP night witch.
    Community: GOLEM IS BROKEN, NERF IMMEDIATLY

NW gets nerfed
    Community: Crickets

Both Princes get buffed and become meta. Along with the Golem double prince deck
    Community: GOLEM IS BROKEN, NERF IMMEDIATLY

Both Princes get nerfs
    Community: Crickets

See how golem hasnt been touched in over a year and a half but somehow keeps being considered OP and not OP? People just fail to look past the win conditions when they look for the blame.
    MasterCal
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    Thanks to Spicy for the Sig! Go Check Out His Work.
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(8), Baby Dragon(8), MM(11), Archers(13), Rocket(11), Tombstone(11), Log(4), Lightning(7)
    PB: 5523 (Set on 12/2/18)
    King Tower:13, 100% F2P
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,163Member
    I have never stopped saying golem was op since. And I am a golem user on my alt account.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • I agree with ekgoalie34, decks that use win conditions that are entirely bulk like giant and golem aren't strong because the card itself is strong, they are strong because of the support troops which are dealing all of the damage. Nerfing a golems hp won't change anything unless it's a drastic change. It'd be much easier to nerf the dps of common golem supports.
  • IDProGIDProG Posts: 145Member
    Also, the problem of Golem is that Supercell purposefully made buildings weaker because they want the game to be troop-focused. One of the most effective way to counter Golem is to distract it with buildings, then kill the support before the Golem.