Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One and Only] Barbarian barrel Discussion Thread

qqp96tu31u75.png

The Barbarian Barrel is an aoe spell with a moderate area of effect and damage. When cast, the Barbarian Barrel rolls across the Arena, dealing damage and knocking back all small ground troops in its path. After rolling for 6.5 tiles, it will break open and release a Barbarian. A Barbarian Barrel card costs 3 Elixir to cast.
Barbarian Barrel
  1. What do you think about the barbarian barrel?11 votes
    1. Overpowered
        9.09%
    2. Underpowered
      18.18%
    3. Balanced
      36.36%
    4. Needs rework
      36.36%
GoeIxLv.png
(Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
Tagged:

Comments

• CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    I do feel this card is quite balanced.
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    I like the card. It's pretty balanced stat wise for 3 elixir, and that barbarian requires an answer on defense. Unattested, a barbarian released on the furthest tile will hit the tower 3 times, dealing 477 damage at tournament standard. Now, this makes it so that the barbarian must be addressed, and if you kill a bridge princess, dart goblin, or goblin gang, you basically get a free barbarian that the opponent must deal with accordingly.

Now, the problem with barbarian barrel right now is that the princes are so powerful, and the barbarian barrel doesn't knock back the princes, so it's quite weak in the meta right now.

Now, the barbarian has many uses along with the barrel. The barbarian can help take out the wounded archers, bomber, magic archer, musketeer, wizard, etc. that the barrel wounds. This makes it even better than the log for taking out medium health units at the bridge. While this is a good thing, its slightly harder to take out units behind a tank. It can still be done effectively, though.

When comparing the barbarian barrel to the log, the barbarian barrel is designed for defensive plays while sacrificing offensive power. It might be better to switch out the log for the barbarian barrel in some decks, but not others.

Overall, while the barbarian barrel is pretty unoriginal, it's balanced.
    dude2050MasterCal
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,969Member
    edited April 2018
    Its travel distance must increase. Right now it does not make it to the King Tower if it is placed on the farthest tile, making its Crown Tower Damage completely pointless. This should be addresed as soon as possible.
    Its other stats are acceptable.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • LokiLoki Posts: 249Member
    Oh come on its a stupid rehash card. Oh let's make a new card, we will just take the log and goblin barrel...smash them together and OH YEAH put in a barb instead to make people think that its a fresh idea. Sorry I know I crab a lot but they just aren't bringing out cards or features that are worth our time. Let's get rid of clan chest because its to passive and players can get extra gold just for playing the game as normal, but we will make everyone think that its a hated and useless feature, now they can add more features that require gems to play.
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 480Member
    the barbarian barrel can only spawn 1 barbarian, which is little for 3 elixir, maybe a spawn damage will help.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter
  • ekgoalie34ekgoalie34 Posts: 178Member
    They really need to revert the changes on this card immediately. It is so useless now.
    As it stands, It cannot hit a centrally placed building on the opposite side. (It stops one tile short) That was one big feature that it had going for it, the ability to damage the building, even clear a tombstone and then have the barbarian to distract. Now all you can do is send the barbarian to his instant death while it might get 1 hit off.

It went from being an average defensive card with fun offensive support capabilities, to just a cheap average defensive card that has nothing good to offer that the log doesn't do already.
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    Thanks to Spicy for the Sig! Go Check Out His Work.
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(8), Baby Dragon(8), MM(11), Archers(13), Rocket(11), Tombstone(11), Log(4), Lightning(7)
    PB: 5523 (Set on 12/2/18)
    King Tower:13, 100% F2P
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    I use to mess with the card before the changes. Now I don’t bother.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,920Moderator
    When it used to cost 3 elixir, Barbarian Barrel's knockback was very useful to retarget tropos to the barb or stopping battleram. Removing the knockback was a huge error, they really need to give knockback to barb barrel again...
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 134Member
    edited September 2018
    While I haven't played it in ladder or challenges, this card is really useful in 2v2 touchdown.

You are practically 3/4 of the way to the opponents side after the barb pops out.

The range is just enough to sneak in behind enemy ranged units and take their attention away from your push, or in this case, support units.

calinwfoq9fl.jpg

If it's range had been any longer it would have been a very easy way to sneak in a crown

Lastly, at 2 elixer, the sudden threat can easily cause your opponents to overcommit on defense as well.
    LostParadise
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5877
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 13, Poison 13, B Dragon 13, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 13, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 13

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,116Member
    Ive been using a lvl10 bbarrel at 4500. It is MUCH better now. I just wish it wasn’t epic as it will take forever to get up to proper lvl and be even better.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,969Member
    This thing is terrible. They should make it a medium damage spell and increase its cost back to 3 Elixir.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,229Moderator
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    This thing is terrible. They should make it a medium damage spell and increase its cost back to 3 Elixir.

When it's a Top 20 card in Grand Challenges, I wouldn't say that it's terrible. Yes The Log has double the use rates, but Log is the #1 card in GCs
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 134Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Giorgakis wrote: »

When it's a Top 20 card in Grand Challenges, I wouldn't say that it's terrible. Yes The Log has double the use rates, but Log is the #1 card in GCs

I think it is primarily up so high because of the deck it is featured in. If I recall, the deck consists of
    GY, Poison, BD, Ice Wiz, Cannon, BB, Poison, and Nado.

The first time I played this deck it wrecked me, but like all GY decks, as long as you hold them at the bridge, you can beat them.

This deck uses BB to mitigate that down fall. With BB no longer having a knockback, it can be tossed behind enemies at the bridge and the tower will lock onto barb after he pops out. Meanwhile the defense is stuck at the bridge dealing with other units.

With the knock back, defenses would almost immediately encounter the barb, rendering him usesless as a mini tank.
    MasterCal
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5877
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 13, Poison 13, B Dragon 13, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 13, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 13

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 480Member
    right now I have him in my deck, and it is GREAT. it is a great way of dealing with a skarmy + support troop.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter