Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[One And Only] Spear Goblins card discussion

Back in the first half of 2016, Spear Goblins were considered to be one of the best cards in the game. People said they were very versatile and offered lots of value. However, after summer 2016 they fell off the map completely. Then, in the last (?) set of balance changes, Spear Goblins received a hit speed buff that helped them rise to stardom once again. Many popular meta decks, including Giant Double Prince, now run Spear Goblins and the card boasts a very healthy 22.5% usage rate in grand challenges.

Some people argue that Spear Goblins now provide way too much value for 2 elixir and that they can kill off troops too quickly coupled with a distraction unit (e.g. Ice Golem). I don't think the hit speed buff should be reverted, but if they are to get a nerf, I'd prefer making their initial attack come a bit later, since they begin throwing spears pretty much the instant they get within range of their target. What does everyone else think of this card?
Balance
  1. Spear Goblins need...14 votes
    1. A large buff
        0.00%
    2. A medium buff
        7.14%
    3. A small buff
        7.14%
    4. No change
      50.00%
    5. A small nerf
      28.57%
    6. A medium nerf
        0.00%
    7. A large nerf
        7.14%
#YYGRJ9P2 - F2P level 11 - Legendary Arena - PB 4625 Trophies - 88/88 Cards

Ladder Deck: Miner (10), Mini PEKKA (11), Valkyrie (11), Musketeer (11), Minions (12), Tombstone (11), Fireball (11), Zap (12) - Average 11.125

Favorite cards: Mini PEKKA, Bandit B)

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,256Member
    edited April 20
    I've suggested my suggestion on this thread. I agree with you as well, it needs a tweak on the initial attack speed. That's what making Spear Gobs broken.

Note: Can you add rework on the poll? Tweaking Initial Hitspeed requires a Load Time tweak as well, meaning there's no initial stats were dis/advantaged.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • VrizuVrizu Posts: 56Member
    Idk, spear goblins alone seems pretty balanced to me. Goblin hut however is the most frustrating control card to face. Too much hp and lifetime, almost no positive trade counter bar poison. Unlike furnace, spear goblins from the hut can be stacked overtime while they keep shooting.
    brainiacboy
  • ntinoskonstantinoskonsta Posts: 68Member
    @ferrell34 I can't modify polls, so unfortunately we'll have to wait for a mod to do so :/

About Goblin Hut, I think it was part of how people discovered Spear Goblins' potential. So they started using the troop card for that added spam effect. Thankfully Goblin Hut has fallen off now.
    #YYGRJ9P2 - F2P level 11 - Legendary Arena - PB 4625 Trophies - 88/88 Cards

Ladder Deck: Miner (10), Mini PEKKA (11), Valkyrie (11), Musketeer (11), Minions (12), Tombstone (11), Fireball (11), Zap (12) - Average 11.125

Favorite cards: Mini PEKKA, Bandit B)

• cleapcleap Posts: 1Member
    Spear goblin lost most competitive value after hit speed nerf change back, no longer has chance against big swarms like skarmy please change back