Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

WubWub - The Candles

WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
edited October 2017 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Meet the Candles!
Elixir in the Clash universe is the essentially the equivalent to water. It can be found in rivers, lakes, and clouds, as well as underground. Needless to say, there have been a few mining accidents over the years when expanding the mines and building new arenas, and the most common problem of all is tunneling into underground elixir lakes. Many a Miner has fallen into one of these pools; it usually isn't a problem, as it happens regularly, but the number of helmets lost is impossible to count.
A Miner recently lost his favorite helmet in one of these pools of elixir, but rather than leaving it there, he decided to dive for it; it had been there for him through thick and thin (and toasty, when he burrowed into a sleeping dragon's den and the occupant got understandably cranky). After borrowing a pair of Bomber goggles, he dove into the lake and was surprised to find his helmet right at the bottom - with no candle. Puzzled, he started the swim to the surface, but then he noticed a strange light at the other end of the lake. He swam over and was shocked to find a group of small wax creatures with burning purple lights over their heads... the Candles!

Attacking Strategies
The Candles are a trio of, well, candles, with flames burning bright with elixir. From a range of four tiles away, they fire small bouncing flames that deal splash damage - but their weak wax bodies can't handle the powerful flames on their heads unless they are submerged in elixir, so they melt. They have a short lifetime, and when they die, they deal weak death damage, about the same as a Golemite's. Due to their lifetime, they can not really be used on offense, as they would likely melt before they reached the tower. They can be used as temporary support units at the bridge.

Defensive Strategies
Defense is where the Candles shine. They can be used to stop swarms, and can target both ground and air. Since there are three of them, their combined hitspeed can translate into a lot of damage for a low cost. Their weak death damage combined with the fact that there are three of them makes them an excellent counter to melee glass cannons such as Mini P.E.K.K.A. because of their range, death damage, and hit speed. They are slow, but this means they can be used to kite enemy units. They are a defensive card, like Guards, but have no counter push potential; rather, they are used to neutralize a threat. They are sturdier than Guards, but only when they are first placed, so they are most definitely a reactionary unit.

Defense Against the Candles
There really is no need to defend against them if you're worried about your tower. However, if you don't like them defeating your glass cannons and swarms, a ranged support unit should work just fine, preferably with splash damage.

Card Example:

card image created with Clash Royale Card Maker

The candles are a splash damage defensive unit with fixed lifetimes. Their combined hit speed also makes them great for taking out glass cannons, and are best used as a reactionary unit.

This thread was ported over from the official forums - it was made at the beginning of April 2017. I made the card image reflect tournament standard stats, added range, and corrected my math errors. Meet the adorable Candles!
Card Concepts:
- Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
Balance Suggestions - Updated!
What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,019Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Hehe... candles still are Litwiks :p

This was one of the first ideas I saw in the old forums, and I still like it :)
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    Hehe... candles still are Litwiks :p

This was one of the first ideas I saw in the old forums, and I still like it :)

Thank you! :) And yes, I couldn't really find any other images as good as this one. It actually looks like what I envisioned, so hey, it works!
    I believe I made this card when I thought of making a troop with limited lifetime. It seemed like a cool mechanic then and it still does, though I suppose Cannon Cart does sort of have a lifetime... but no, it's a building then! Doesn't count! :wink:
    Card Concepts:
  • KingBencentKingBencent Posts: 259Member
    Hehe, I believe it won the SCC too.
    twpwe7y9tha9.png
  • LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    I saw this on the forums! You did buff the damage now they are really good!
    7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.

Well, this is a level 7 card, while the other was only level 1. Also, I made an error in the DPS on the old card image, so I fixed it here. Should be fine now. :)
    What do you think about 20 seconds instead of 30? Makes them more defensive and makes for a faster paced game.
    Card Concepts:
  • LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    WubWub wrote: »

Well, this is a level 7 card, while the other was only level 1. Also, I made an error in the DPS on the old card image, so I fixed it here. Should be fine now. :)
    What do you think about 20 seconds instead of 30? Makes them more defensive and makes for a faster paced game.

Ohh, they where level one... (Then I was probably wrong when I said they where weaker than spear gobs on the original post it they had level one stats, which I thought where the tournament standard stats which most card are balanced from) I think they look very balanced maybe even a slight hitpoints boost could be ok when you think that they loose 10 hp per second and to die to log is not good for a defensive card.
    7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.
    WubWub wrote: »

Ohh, they where level one... (Then I was probably wrong when I said they where weaker than spear gobs on the original post it they had level one stats, which I thought where the tournament standard stats which most card are balanced from) I think they look very balanced maybe even a slight hitpoints boost could be ok when you think that they loose 10 hp per second and to die to log is not good for a defensive card.

Well, sure they die to Log, but they're meant to be relatively squishy. Even their death damage could help. At tournament standard, a Minion has 190 health. That means that if you drop these guys in the middle of a horde, the horde will die from the death damage alone. :) And their health isn't too big a deal, as upgrading them would only increase their lifespan a few seconds in relation to damage.
    Card Concepts: