Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

I’m going to drop 1000 cups

killerkiller Posts: 904Member
That way I can be just like supercell. Seeing that I just played a guy from 5250 cups at 4100, obviously its how supercell thinks the game is supposed to be played. I assume since it happens through supercells doing every month that is how its supposed to be.

Anyone not dropping 1000 cups every season obviously is going against SC’s intentions.
WubWubPAZBoyPikasperGiorgakis
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 103Member
    You should pay attention to season reset.
    All players between 4k and 4.9k (challenger) at the end of the season get their trophies reset back to 4k, while those in the next tier (master) get their trophies reset to 4.3k. Don't know the reset for the highest tier (champion).

What you noticed was his PB, but not necessarily the amount of trophies he had at the end of the season. You should check his profile to see where he finished the season at. My guess is they peaked then went on a major losing streak as better players started to make a push.
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5263
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 12, B Dragon 12, Zap 12, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 407Member
    Season reset is always brutal.... It's the one thing I think SuperCell should really take another look at.
  • killerkiller Posts: 904Member
    Im merely going along with the spirit of season reset that supercell created. If it makes sense to supercell to move people down 1000 cups no reason we shouldn’t all play along. Not to mention... on my alt account, a lvl9 at 3500 cups, I’m battling nearly all lvl 11’s with decks like 12/8/6/2 all playing hundreds below where they could be..... and half of them BMers... I’m going to do what they do. I’m going to play against them with a stacked deck and BM them throughout. Again, this is the system SC created. As some say, overleveling isn’t a thing... just good strategy.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 103Member
    So bringing in less gold per match won and having chests give fewer rewards is worth the easy wins?
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5263
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 12, B Dragon 12, Zap 12, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Posts: 277Member
    This is the sort of thing that people do to this game when they're angered. If he actually does it, I'm fine with it. Sometimes it's nice for you to be the one on the nice end of a match where the two people playing have no business in the same battle together. Oh well.
    Device: Galaxy S7 Edge
    Trophies: 4000
    edited May 8
    Dropping allows you to fill chests easier and win more on collection day, but it comes with a side effect.... smaller chests, less gold, and less cards on collection day.... dropping has zero effect on war day.

you have to weigh the pros and cons.... but it is less frustrating when you win more.
    The other problem with dropping is that when you start playing again, you're going to win a lot of the time which will only raise your cups to the point where you're going to end up right back to where you started. It's pointless.

With all the wasted effort it would take to drop 1000 cups, I'd rather just drop the game entirely.
  • LordDravenLordDraven Posts: 270Member
    In my opinion dropping has always been a cowardly Act, I think droppers to just step up to the challenge and try to overcome the circumstances. That's what the pros do after all.
    I do see where you're coming from though, and I also believe that they should rework the resets to smooth out the player base a bit and keep people in the trophy ranges that they belong in. I think it's time for supercell to admit that the game has grown once again and 4K is no longer a huge benchmark. If you all remember 3K used to be legendary Arena, so I think it's time to move the bar up again and add some more arenas!

In the meantime, don't be a coward, push on through and overcome my friend, it's all part of the game! Believe me, us 5K players are just as annoyed at being kicked that far down as you are having us there!
  • AiedailAiedail Posts: 245Member
    If you can't handle reset then don't play at reset. Wait 2 days and the top players are long gone.
    King lvl: 12 | Three Musketeer Player | PB: 4700 | Tag: #PRCVP22 | Cards: 86/86 | Clan: Antifa United | Played since February 16th 2016, android soft launch | Sweden
    fjx0cs7rlzze.png
    Aiedail wrote: »
    If you can't handle reset then don't play at reset. Wait 2 days and the top players are long gone.

This shows how stupid the whole design is when the best advice for people just above 4k is to stop playing the game for a few days. And its not 2 days, its more like 2 weeks til it changes.

Btw- I ended up only dropping 300 cups. Best decision ever. I switched to some made up decks with underleveled cards and Ive been experimenting. Matter if fact, I crawled slowly up, passed 4k and immediately battled a player with 7 of 8 cards maxxed... and then just dropped again. Its such a dumb system. And we all know that supercell has no idea how to make it better. So I drop now so that I dont have to be constantly battling people 800 cups down.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Best advice, abandon ladder altogether. What's the point? You're going to work hard for trophies only to have them removed. Who thought this was a good idea?

They have all of these wonderful levels that you're supposed to strive for. Then you get there and you get all of your hard work taken away from you.

I think I'll pass on this one.

I'm at 4000. I'll consider that game over.
    The game ends at 4k.... I play once a month on ladder.... what is the point of playing past that?
    Elow228
  • OptimusOptimus Posts: 141Member
    I generally push to 4600 each season just to complete quests and for the rewards and then I'll stop my push and still complete quests which generally means I'll drop back down.

As said above the game ends at 4k.
    Revisiting this..., I previously dropped about 500 cups. It was actually a lot of fun because I messed around with a bunch of decks using underleveled cards. Once I got back above 4k I of course immediately was matched against someone with a nearly maxxed deck and wondered why Come back up? Now nearly 2 weeks into the season I have managed to hit 4400 but am hovering around 4200 due to hitting multiple players with 2-6 cards advantages (in terms of cards maxxed) sitting 400-1300 cups below their PB. (As I mentioned elsewhere the worst was the guy whose PB was over 5500 playing at 4100 or so.)

If the game is forcing people to drop over 1000 cups... everyone else should drop accordingly. The ladder just stinks because of season reset for half of the month. Thats too long imo to be a sign of anything but horrific game design.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    killer wrote: »
    Revisiting this..., I previously dropped about 500 cups. It was actually a lot of fun because I messed around with a bunch of decks using underleveled cards. Once I got back above 4k I of course immediately was matched against someone with a nearly maxxed deck and wondered why Come back up? Now nearly 2 weeks into the season I have managed to hit 4400 but am hovering around 4200 due to hitting multiple players with 2-6 cards advantages (in terms of cards maxxed) sitting 400-1300 cups below their PB. (As I mentioned elsewhere the worst was the guy whose PB was over 5500 playing at 4100 or so.)

If the game is forcing people to drop over 1000 cups... everyone else should drop accordingly. The ladder just stinks because of season reset for half of the month. Thats too long imo to be a sign of anything but horrific game design.

Generally I do a "Face/Palm" when people talk about unfair match making, but I will agree with you on the season reset being a major issue.... At some point people get tired of the constant grind past 4k just to be knocked back down with little reward to climb again...

With Clan Wars, you have more reason to never climb back up again. 4k is going to become the pit of misery really quick.... and this will have a major trickle down effect to the lower arenas.... decent match making is now a thing of the past and it's not peoples fault for being 500-1,000 below their personal best....

You will start seeing level 12's in the 3k range very soon.