Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] {Royal Giant} Card Discussion

VonCauliVonCauli Posts: 82Member
edited October 2017 in Card Balance Discussion
l58p3fhss7le.jpg

Hey guys, there's been lots of fuss about Royal Giant being op on ladder, but underpowered in tournaments and challenges.

One suggestion that is floating around is converting it to a rare troop. I, personally, like this idea! Converting it to a rare troop will decrease the amount of future maxed Royale Giants on ladder, but allowing it to receive a buff to give it a chance on standard level play.

I don't know about you guys, but seeing Royale Giant in GCs would be cool.

Discussion Points
  • Is he balanced
  • What kind of nerf/buff would you suggest
  • Should he be a rare card
Royale Giant Balance
  1. What type of balance should this card receive?23 votes
    1. Large nerf
        4.35%
    2. Medium nerf
      13.04%
    3. Slight nerf
        8.70%
    4. Already balanced
      21.74%
    5. Slight buff
      13.04%
    6. Medium buff
        4.35%
    7. Large buff
        8.70%
    8. Convert to rare
      26.09%

Comments

• XLeonardXXLeonardX Posts: 123Member
    RG is fine ATM. It is just that there are others OP cards.
    We are all part of the universe; hence being kind to anything is being kind to ourselves.
  • aldree_fyaldree_fy Posts: 55Member
    My Lv6 PEKKA destroys RGs with ease.
    <3
    a
    l
    d
    r
    e
    e
    f
    y
    !
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    edited October 2017
    RG is too OP! He needs a medium/large nerf
    1. His HP
    2. Being a common
    3. Too much damage
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • AquaAqua Posts: 1,117Member
    Make it rare and buff it a little bit or its balanced
  • I haven't entered the overleveled RG trophy range yet and only started Clash Royale during the RG meta, so I'm absent from this thread.
    I'm a Supercell Forums refugee! My Forum username is BombtowerOP, so some people might recognize me there.
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    The overleveling is definitely a problem. I don't see as many RGs as I do eBarbs, but he still needs a conversion as a common win condition that relies less heavily on skill and more on brute force. A conversion to a rare is definitely needed. eBarbs just need removed: they're a card that's trash at tournament levels, but when overleveled shreds through everything but swarms. Common win conditions can't be balanced well - except Mortar, because it's a skill-based win condition.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • VonCauliVonCauli Posts: 82Member
    who voted for a buff? i would like to hear why
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    I might have, I don't remember if I picked buff or no change. If I were to buff him, I'd give him a slight dmg or HP buff. He is sort of viable with lightning and/or zap and splash support at TS, but is typically only good when overleveled
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • VonCauliVonCauli Posts: 82Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    I might have, I don't remember if I picked buff or no change. If I were to buff him, I'd give him a slight dmg or HP buff. He is sort of viable with lightning and/or zap and splash support at TS, but is typically only good when overleveled

thats the issue. hes not good until he's overleveled. maybe even a different approach to his style would be a solution. make him a low hp, less elixir to snipe buildings from across the river. like a princess that can't be logged. idk
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    Rum Ham said to expect a rep work to make this card viable on Ladder and TS sometime later this year, but not in August

pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,320Member
    edited July 2018
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Rum Ham said to expect a rep work to make this card viable on Ladder and TS sometime later this year, but not in August

I hope the rework doesn't just make him a stronger win con. than he is right now. I'm expecting the rework to change Royal Giant's overall objective completely, a tanky high guarantee tower damager that is.

I do have a rework idea for Royal Giant to make him viable as a card. But i have a feeling it would be disliked by "Loyal" RG users since it affects the entirely archetype aspect of RG.
    Here's my idea:
    - Crown Tower Damage Reduced by 50%
    - Damage Increased by 25% (from 160-ish to 200-ish in TS)
    - Hitspeed Decreased to 1.2 sec (from 1.7 sec)

What does it Change:
    - Total Damage on Tower decreased by about 10-15%
    - Takes out Buildings few seconds faster (about 4-5 sec faster) and more reliable for sure

This idea makes RG having less reward but.. much less risk as a win con. and possible to be a secondary win con. (as a building destroyer). In case if you don't understand, RG is now resistant to most buildings. Cannons, Tombstones, Teslas.. he can wipe them out easily. But in exchange, his destructive capabilities againts Crown Towers are toned down pretty heavy.
    MasterCalNo_C_Stick
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 131Member
    @ferrell34
    I actually like this concept better, and it is likely how SC should have implemented him from the getgo.
    It certainly would have helped them avoid that disaster that RG became =).
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5516
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 13, B Dragon 12, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • brainiacboy21764brainiacboy21764 Posts: 5Member
    Right now I think he is actually underpowered in every tournament and I haven't seen anyone use him for a while. increasing him to rare is a weird idea.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,907Member
    And now he is absolutely dead. Bring back his good old range

Range increased to 6.5 meters
    Deploy Time increased to 5 seconds

This is to make sure that he can snipe all buildings but he would not be placed on the river and he would be always used behind the King Tower, or he will suffer a ton of damage
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    According to stats royale RG is the 20th highest winrate in grand challenges. Its ahead of pekka, graveyard, golem, royal recruits, hog, etc. hardly a sign of a card that isn’t working.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise