Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Ideas for New Badges on the Forums

MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,376Member
edited May 18 in Forum Talk
Hey guys. So, I wanted to go ahead and share a few ideas for new badges on these forums that don't exist already.

More Post Badges

So, with the fact that forum games increases post count on these forums, maybe some more post badges could be in order. The highest post badges on these forums right now is the one for 1000 posts. This is pretty easy to get for some forumers as time goes on, and to promote activity, maybe some more badges for posting more on the forums could help (of course with only 20 points max for each badge).

I would recommend a 2500 posts, 5000 posts, and 10000 posts badges. The 10000 post would seem like a longshot, but a couple of years of activity on the forums would enable people to receive this badge.

Discussion Badges

Now, one badge that I am slightly surprised that are not on the forums is discussion badges. Discussions are integral to the forums, and creating incentives for people to post discussion could go a long way to increasing activity. The badge would look similar to the post badge, but it would be a black background on a white post outline.

My recommendation for badges would be like the posts badge right now. This would include the 1 discussion, 10 discussions, 50 discussions, 100 discussions, and 500 discussions badges. Like the post badges, the 500 discussion badge would seem extremely hard to get, but a couple of years on the forums would enable for a forumer to receive this badge. The point values for the badges would be 2 points for the first, 5 for the second, 10 for the third, 15 for the fourth, and 20 for the last badge.

Of course, in order to prevent spam discussions, when discussions are removed, they should decrease the count of the forumer's discussion count. Now, I'm not sure if this is possible, but if these badges were implemented, this might be required to prevent spammers from receiving badges.

Forum Anniversary Badge

Basically, this badge would be received by posting on the forum's anniversary. Now, I would imagine that the design of this badge would look like a shield shape with the Community Royale logo imposed on the shield. This could be another kind of anniversary badge along with the ones about your own anniversary on the forums and the moon landing anniversary. This would give 10 points.

Forum Rule Reader Badge

This badge would be given to those who have read the forum rules. Now, this would give an indicator to those who have even considered to click on the forum rules, even if they did it to get the badge. This can give an incentive for people to even give the forum rules a click and maybe even a read. This would give 5 points.

Post on Your Own Wall Badge

This badge would be given when you post on your own wall. Nothing huge for incentives, but it would be nice to see who cares enough about the forum to post on their wall. This would give 5 points.

Send a Personal Message Badge

This badge would be given to those who send a personal message. Nothing of note here besides the badge, but it's feels nice to receive rewards for doing normal things on the forums. This would give 5 points

"You're really breeding discussion!" Badges

This set of badges would be given to a forumer for making a thread that had received a certain number of replies. Now, since forum games would be overpowered for this, the badges won't go up to an insane amount. The badges would start at 1 reply, then 10 replies, and finally 50 replies. They would be worth 2 points, 5 points, and 10 points respectively.

Promotion Badges

The last set of badges on this thread for now will be given to those who have increased in levels. Now, this would be given when a forumer reaches level 2, 3, 4, and 5. This would give 2, 5, 10, and 20 points respectively.

So, that's all the ideas for badges that I have. What do you think about them? Did you like them all, or is there some you didn't like? Let me know down below!

Thanks for reading!
GiorgakisAshzaeen
Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4018 |Card Levels: 11/8/6/1.5
Main Deck: PEKKA (6) - Electro Wizard (2) - Mega Minion (8) - Giant (8) - Goblin Hut (8) - Poison (6) - Log (2) - Zap (11)
math_menuitem.png
"Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!

Comments