People are meant to post and discuss their ideas and opinions on the Ideas & Feature Requests subforum. Every person has the freedom to do that. However, there are some type of ideas that too many people post differently. Which, if aren't stopped, can cause the entire I&FR to be spammed. Hence why this list exists.
Note that, this list DOES NOT show ideas that won't be added to the game. This list merely exists to stop I&FR from being flooded with the same type of ideas over and over.
Read this thread carefully and before making a thread, be sure to check this list to see if your idea is ruled out or not. Posting a ruled-out idea will result in it being closed and you might be getting a warning / infraction. However, your thread will only get closed if it's the first time you posted a ruled-out thread. So, be careful about that. You are also requested to report every ruled-out idea as well.
Also, even if your idea isn't ruled out, use the search feature to see if your idea or something similar has already been posted before. If it has, then post in the previous thread. Not doing so will result in a rulebreak of rule 4.
Note: Anything in italics means Supercell has commented on this idea. They update their own list from the CR subreddit.
The link to the subreddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/wiki/ruled-out-ideas
All ruled out ideas are listed below
Quality of Life Changes:
- More chest slots - not something they discuss often
- Ability to open more than one chest at a time
- Trashing chests
- Merging chests. (e.g. 2 silver chests become a golden chest, 4 Golden chests become a Magical Chest)
- Win rate % on a player's profile
- New skins for each lvl of a troop
- Selling cards to clan
- Additonal lvls past the current max (e.g. lvl 14 commons, lvl 9 epics, etc)
- Naming your deck
- Ability to use taunts/emotes as reactions in the clan chat
- Global Chat
- Permanent Special Challenges (draft, 3x Elixir, Touchdown) in friendly battles
- Erase deck slot
- Randomize deck button
- Card Info should show Next Upgrade Lvl
- Specialized Trainers (not to be confused with customized trainers)
- Winning battles with no rewards (trophies obviously don't count) reduces chest opening timer
- Save replays (to camera roll, YouTube, etc)
- Clan Bookmarking
- Gold Chest (Similar to "Gold Mine" idea, a chest that contains just gold, not to be confused with Golden Chest.)
- See partner's levels at the start of 2v2
- Functionality outside of app
- New more frequent loading screen changes
- Guaranteed epic and legendary slots in the shop
- Sell cards to shop
- Sort cards by level - no plans for this (they did actually have a "sort by power" in the Clan Card collection when developing Clan Wars, as they thought it'd be a good thing to help with deck building there, but what actually happened was it became more of a crutch and enabled/encouraged some bad deck building habits, whereby you'd just default to the highest level cards to make your deck, instead of trying to build something more well-rounded and conferring with your clan about it)
- More frequent card requests
- Donate more cards
- See when people were last online
- Clan chat filters
- More clan ranks
New Card Types/Mechanics:
- Surrender button.
- In the event of a draw, players split the trophies, instead of both getting 0.
- Game pauses for 5 seconds if a player disconnects.
- AI takes over if 2v2 partner leaves
- Mirror rework
- Spectate Top 200 any time
New Game Modes:
- Dark Mirror-Mirrors the opponent's last played. - they playtested this card a few times and have killed the card concept for the time being
- Some sort of high hitpoint wall card. Would be placed on a bridge. Also, has a timer like any other defense.
- Some kind of spell that creates an area of invisibility. Opponents won’t see the spell placed, and troops can be placed inside without the enemy knowing. As soon as they step out of its radius, they become visible again.
- Wind Spell
- Some sort of card that utilizes the river
- A card that creates another bridge where ever you like.
- Conversion card. A card that when cast converts an enemies card to become your own. Costs +1 elixir of the card converted and can only be used once the card crosses the river to your side.
- Troop that does % amount of damage of maximum HP of the opponent's cards
- Ranged splash troops aim at a target's feet
- Executioner/Bowler target center of a group of units
- Shields are immune to spells
- Elite Barbarian Hut.
- Mirage spell or disguised unit
- Fake Goblin Barrel - they've played around with this idea (they called it the "empty barrel" at the time), but didn't take the card concept further afterwards
- 3 Wizards
- Trap cards (Bomb, Bear Trap, Spring Trap, Giant Bomb, Push Trap, Mine, etc)
- Zappies spawner - no plans to do this, but Zappy Fortress is a great name
- Wager matches. Gamble your cards and gold away. Winner takes all.
- Traitor card challenge
- 2v2 grudge match
- Random challenge
- Beta test challenge
- Better tournament search
- Tournament chat
- Ability to nudge someone more frequently - you can already nudge the same person multiple times... there's just a 12-hour cooldown between nudges (but if you need to nudge them again sooner, you can just ask another coleader too)
- War attack draw gets second attack - no plans to do this, as it could encourage people to build a heavily defensive deck so they can play safe and fall-back on a draw to get another chance
- Let people done with collection day attacks still join 2v2 - no plans for this - potentially open to abuse (having your best player(s) play in all 2v2 battles)
- Rewards for each war - no plans to change this - reasons
Community Royale Moderator
Please message me or another moderator if you need any help