Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

The Electro Dragon

For anyone who also plays clash of clans you'll know this is the awesome new troop we recently had put into the game. Along with the regular dragon I suggested, I think having the electro dragon put into clash royale would be pretty awesome too! (Adds more flying diversity to the game)

Here's how I picture the electro Dragon:

dxbm6thkfqfn.jpg

I know giving it a full on splash stun may seem overpowered (and it kind of is) along with its death ability.... But it IS being portrayed as a legendary after all, and considering everything I think the stats kind of balance it out fairly enough. It has overall decent health..... But for a 7 elixir drop its relatively low on hp.

It also has a very slow attack speed and its attack (even though it stuns with splash) generally isn't strong enough to 1 shot things like the dagger goblins and minions. Mega minion would do a lot of damage to the electro dragon as would the baby dragon musketeer wizard etc.... So the electro dragon wouldn't really be able to tank through a lot of counters.

The main way to play it would be to use it as a powerful support troop starting from way in the back and have it support either a lava hound push or other type of air assault or even a ground push with giant or golem. It would completely screw over things like the inferno dragon the inferno tower and the sparky as well as skeleton hordes. If teamed up with the electro wizard or zappies it could also provide a lot of stunning stop power on defense.

Any thoughts or opinions on this one?
Fear my Pekka's Blade
2LTDBp.jpg

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    edited July 4
    I think it's a little too OP for 7 elixir. I'd adjust it to 8 elixir with a few stat changes to compensate. There are a lot more 7 elixir cards than 8 elixir cards anyway...

Plus, you might run into the same issue with the Dragon in that it may be too big for the Arena. That's why there is a Baby Dragon and not a full-size dragon according to the first Radio Royale episode.

That aside, I like the card and the concept (I'm a CoC player too)
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • PikasperPikasper Posts: 419Moderator
    edited July 5
    I like the concept, but as MasterCal said, it might be a bit too big for the arena, and might be little OP with only 7 elixer cost.

But, you can make this a real idea that can be added to the game, by making a few changes. Like, instead of it having the appearance of the Electro Dragon in Clash of Clans, how about it have a appearance similar to the Baby Dragon? You could also nerf its stats and elixir cost to fit its appearance. :)
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    I think it's a little too OP for 7 elixir. I'd adjust it to 8 elixir with a few stat changes to compensate. There are a lot more 7 elixir cards than 8 elixir cards anyway...

Plus, you might run into the same issue with the Dragon in that it may be too big for the Arena. That's why there is a Baby Dragon and not a full-size dragon according to the first Radio Royale episode.

it isn't that good, it should be 7 elixir at the most. if it makes it overpowered then nerf the stats.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    MasterCal wrote: »

it isn't that good, it should be 7 elixir at the most. if it makes it overpowered then nerf the stats.

It's splash radius is larger than Wizard or Witch, dies with a Lightning, stuns every unit plus doing damage. It'd be absolutely broken on defense
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • CeltaxorCeltaxor Posts: 52Member
    I agree with MasterCal about the size, maybe you make it Electro Dragon the size of a baby dragon just without the word baby in the name, like inferno dragon.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    I think it should have a Slow movement speed since his wings are heavier than the Inferno Dragon's ones who has a Medium movement speed.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • BarbarianAxeThrowerBarbarianAxeThrower Posts: 87Member
    I agree with most of the other comments, it is a bit too OP being a flying troop that can stun splash and drop lighting when it dies, it also would be too big.

BUT, I honestly really like the idea of dropping a lightning spell on death. It is similar to the lumberjacks rage death except it's a direct damage spell like the Giant skeleton bomb. This concept could be used differently to better success with another idea, if you don't mind I may actually steal this for one of my ideas.