Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[Card Idea] Thorn Spell

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
edited December 2 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Welcome back to card ideas. This is a new spell idea called Thorns. It is a spell that works similar to the Lightning spell but has some differences

Stats
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 5 elixir
Damage: 1030
Radius: 3 meters
Targets: Ground
Can hit up to 4 targets with the highest hitpoints

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively it can shut down a lot of cards similarly to a Lightning spell. Combined with a win condition such as a Hog Rider or Battle Ram, it can destroy the incoming building AND any supportive troop with the building AND damage the tower (provided that it is within range). However unlike Lightning, it cannot hit any Air troops such as Mega Minion and it lacks the stun effect that the Lightning spell has, which means that the Inferno Tower is safe from the spell.

It is also more effective at dealing with an Elixir Collector than any other spell is, as it can not only deny all 8 Elixir but also costs less than a Rocket or a Lightning spell

Defensive Capabilities
Defensively it can shut down a lot of cards such as Ebarbs, Executioner, Dark Prince (unshielded), Witch (and her Skeletons), Miner and Mortar. It can also protect you from the lightning rod (Battle Ram) as it will also kill one other troop (one of the Three Musketeers, a Night Witch etc). So for a Three Musketeers user, the Battle Ram can only protect the 2 ladies lane with one of them being killed, serving as a hard counter to the Three Musketeers decks (unless they bait the spell). It can also hard counter those Exenado decks as it can kill the Executioner, forcing them to change their playstyle.

Please tell your opinion below. Is it too versatile? Or is it underpowered?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
Tagged:

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,871Member
    edited August 16
    I like the idea of a 5 elixir damage spell. It's damage may be high but its ground only targeting capabilities balances ir pretty well. I just think the spell should not be able to hit building, or at least arena towers. That would make it too good for spell cycle.
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    I feel like it is too similar to the lightning, there are no distinctive differences.
  • JaceJace Posts: 308Member
    Maybe give it a life time of five sec? This would let you play it in anticipation to opponents cards and could lead to massive blow outs. You might need to have it not target towers for this idea to work.
    Or it could have a total damage of 2000, and split the damage between the units in its radius?
    Just ideas to make it more original as I love the idea of a high damage solo ground spell.
    Currently languishing in remorse at the part I played in creating the Toaster. Seriously, these vile machines kill THOUSANDS of people every year. Ban toasters. Use Ovens.
    If to you want something fun, head over to Forum Games and find the count to 1000 000 000 game, we are trying to reach 1500 by years end!
    Check my idea in I&FR : The Splitter Bean!