Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

(Card Idea) The Armored Giant

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
edited December 2018 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Welcome back to card ideas. I am back with another one. This is a tank called Armored Giant which works much differently than the other tanks as the traditional Anti-Tank cards like PEKKA or Inferno Dragon do not work on him

Stats
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 5 elixir
Hitpoints: 2400
Damage: 170
Speed: 45 (Slow)
Attack Speed: 1,2 seconds
Range: 1.5 meters
Sight Range: 5,5 meters
Targets: Ground
Damage Limit: 200

What is Damage Limit
This is a new stat, made specifically for this card. It means that this is the highest damage than other cards will be able to do. For example: a Fireball has 572 damage which can do 572 damage to all current cards but only 200 damage to this card. Similarly a Sparky which does 1100 damage to the current cards but she will only do 200 damage to the Armored Giant. Note that the Damage Limit also affect indirect forms of damage like Death, Spawn or Charge Damages,

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively, he can be used as (what else) a tank. His damage is quite low but he can OHKO Goblins, with a higher Attack Speed than a Royal Giant. With enough support, he can be used similarly to a Giant Skeleton or PEKKA, depending on the deck

In terms of spell interactions, Poison can do the highest damage out of all Spells to the Armored Giant as each tick does around 70 damage and 70<200. Log, Arrows, Barbarian Barrel, Fireball, Lightning, Rocket and another card idea I had, the Thorns will only do 200 Damage. Any Spell with damage lower than 200 will do the damage they already do

Defensive Capabilities
Defensively, he is quite tanky. He can survive a lot of hits from an incoming Prince, Mega Knight, Sparky or Dark Prince countering them very effectively, as well as taking minimal Damage from the Giant Skeleton's Bomb, proving to be a great counter to that colossal dead troop. But other than that, he is not the troop than you would expect to defend as he is a poor man's Mega Knight.

How to counter this unit
First and foremost, the 4 Immortal Armies (or maybe 3 because the Critter Swarm does not exist in CR) are the best counters to him as they are unaffected from the Damage Limit stat, no matter their Level. Generally things with high attack speed are great against him, especially the Lumberjack as he is barely affected by the Damage Limit. Also despite mentioning than PEKKA and the Inferno cards are heavily affected from the Damage Limit, they still prove to be a great counter as he cannot target air, is slow and lower stats than PEKKA.

Please tell your opinion below. Is it too versatile? Or is it underpowered?

Edit: Changed Damage Limit to 200 (from 300), Damage Limit now increases with each upgrade to the card
LordDravenJaceferrell34HarryTTLJcttehTheWise
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
Tagged:

Comments

• LordDravenLordDraven Posts: 275Member
    I'm not sure if we need another giant specifically, but I LOVE the damage limit concept and think it could totally be applied to SOMETHING. Not sure what yet, but I do really like the mechanic
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    Great concept for a new tank! If I were to suggest a change, it would be to increase his damage limit as his level increases. This would make sure that interactions stay the same throughout all levels, and that overleveled armored giants are not OP because of the unchanged damage limit.
    ferrell34Giorgakis
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • TotillityTotillity Posts: 184Member
    This seems a lot like my dragon idea...
    IGN - Rage4Wage, Trophies: 4000-4300, PB - 4320
    Resident Golem Champion
    Consider Joining a Sir Tag Family Clan
  • JaceJace Posts: 308Member
    MathChamp wrote: »
    Great concept for a new tank! If I were to suggest a change, it would be to increase his damage limit as his level increases. This would make sure that interactions stay the same throughout all levels, and that overleveled armored giants are not OP because of the unchanged damage limit.

Good point. It could get really powerful when Overlevelled. Otherwise, this is a really unique idea, and could easily be part of the Clash universe
    Currently languishing in remorse at the part I played in creating the Toaster. Seriously, these vile machines kill THOUSANDS of people every year. Ban toasters. Use Ovens.
    If to you want something fun, head over to Forum Games and find the count to 1000 000 000 game, we are trying to reach 1500 by years end!
    Check my idea in I&FR : The Splitter Bean!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    I like how a tank that is able to resist Mini Pekka but not skarmy and Lumberjack. We don't have any ground tank that resist to Sparky/ PEKKA directly, this card is a good addition to shift the META.
    brainiacboy
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • TrainerWroyceTrainerWroyce Posts: 783Member
    Have anyone thought about it not being hunter resistant
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator

That's the best part of this card imo.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 217Member
    So in a sense, he has a shield except this shield never goes away unlike Dark Prince, or Guards. Nice Concept.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
    So I changed his Damage Limit to 200 (from 300), and I allowed the Damage Limit to increase with each upgrade to the card

He is not Hunter resistant as the Hunter is a single Skarmy. Also he is not resistant to the Electro Wizard's chain attack (although the Damage Limit is higher than the Electro Wizard's Damage) and the Executioner's Double Attack
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    So I changed his Damage Limit to 200 (from 300), and I allowed the Damage Limit to increase with each upgrade to the card
    Make sense, now it won't be OP st higher levels. I love this card idea, more choices for players, it has great potential, and I like it that it doesn't immune to hunter, ewiz, exe.

Too bad SC is too dumb or ignorant too accept fan's idea
    Totillity wrote: »
    This seems a lot like my dragon idea...

It does.
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 623Member
    the damage limit is a great idea, but it would make the armoured giant really overpowered. nice idea though and I really like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7467/brainiacboys-ama#latest

check out my AMA!!!
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 2,006Moderator
    This card idea reminds me to my bubble abomination concept, in terms of making fast attack speed troops more efective taking it down, a mechanic IMO the game needs to rise the usage of underrated cards such as dart goblin or lumberjack (at least this guy is not at a bad spot right now). Supported! :+1:
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...