Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

Variety

PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 585Member
Last 30 battles I found

4 pekka
10 hog
4mk

Over half the battles had one of those 3 cards. Clash Royale is a very balanced game, indeed. Half the cards you NEVER see. Five our so cards you see every battle.
PI-CLASH-uuuu

Comments

• killerkiller Posts: 1,145Member
    Its not just balance issues—
    1) win con cards aren’t same card types... so epics not used as much as rare
    2) most people can’t change decks once they’re high because it takes too long/cost too much
    3) most people not imaginative to play with decks they don’t see youtube videos on. Few leaders and many cut and pasters limits diversity greatly.

All these lead to predominance of certain cards.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 585Member
    Yeah. Boring, anyway. And I am not even talking about valk and knight one of those are in nearly 100% of matches.

Yeah, copy paste drones abound. Aldous Huxley would be proud of the number of beta minuses we have in cr
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Piklashu wrote: »
    Yeah. Boring, anyway. And I am not even talking about valk and knight one of those are in nearly 100% of matches.

Yeah, copy paste drones abound. Aldous Huxley would be proud of the number of beta minuses we have in cr

I have to admit I’ve been playing with the tesla/valk combo. These two cards are OP, together they’re a juggernaut on defense.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    killer wrote: »

I have to admit I’ve been playing with the tesla/valk combo. These two cards are OP, together they’re a juggernaut on defense.

Right now I just fought what I named the coma man deck

Hog
    Canon
    Skeletons
    Ice spirit
    Fireball
    Goblin spear
    Goblin
    Goblin gang

Just Jack a phone to the reg machine of a deep coma patient and he will reach legendary with this deck
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • tboztboz Posts: 28Member
    It’s crazy how boring this game is now. Almost as stupid as me continuing to play it.
    tboz wrote: »
    It’s crazy how boring this game is now. Almost as stupid as me continuing to play it.

Its boring because most of the players are boring. Nothing supercell can do about its mostly mediocre player base.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • TheBlastoiseTheBlastoise Posts: 150Administrator
    The issue is that there are only so many win condition cards, so you're going to see those over and over after awhile. SC needs to introduce several more real win cons and the stale environment might actually break loose.

The issue is that there are only so many win condition cards, so you're going to see those over and over after awhile. SC needs to introduce several more real win cons and the stale environment might actually break loose.

I have to disagree. There are about 20 different cards that can be win cons. That being said, 25% of all decks are hog. In my range (4400ish) about 40% of all decks are hog and 1 in 3 are ebarbs.

On top of that, there is so little variety in how people play. Some one opens with tombstone.., 90% chance they have lavahound, balloon, megaminion, lightning....

Someone has musketeer... 9o% they play hog

Battleram... almost certainly 3m.

There is so little experimentation or originality.

Imo boring people is the issue.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    precisely. I see an ice spirit, I already wait for the hog. Miner? With a side of Bats. Princess? Valk. Yada yada yada yada
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Saw.... ice spirit, golem and skeles... knew the rest of his cards. I quit game before I fell asleep. Honestly, can we have an emote that says “you are so f’ing mindlessly boring!?!” I really think all these cut and pasters are just the mediocrity of mankind. I actually ruled out some candidates for some freelance jobs in the past and will do it again. If you want creative candidates you can rule out 99% of clash players.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Heres my current no hire list...
    I vow to never hire-
    Ebarb player
    Hog
    Rocket cycler
    Spawner
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    I use ebarbs, but mostly add a hog counter/punisher....
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,276Moderator

In my opinion, the variety problem is not a card problem, but a deck problem. I agree with killer that the problem is players just copy-pasting popular decks, whether from top players, TV Royale, or frequently facing it on Ladder. Players have this mentality that the deck is the best combination of cards, which it might be, but skill and even starting hand can factor in to battles.

Few players are original. Another problem is that on ladder, changing even one card can be lost trophies because of the overleveling. Thus, players stick to one deck and don't bother changing it because that's how they can compete where they're at.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507

I never heard of ebarb hog deck...

;)

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    killer wrote: »

I never heard of ebarb hog deck...

;)

No, I use ebarbs to kill hogs....
    PI-CLASH-uuuu