Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Sky scrapers (Aerial dominance card.)

BarbarianAxeThrowerBarbarianAxeThrower Posts: 87Member
edited August 3 in Ideas & Feature Requests
This was an odd concept I came up with one day and thought would be an interesting addition to the game. With this concept I came up with 3 other card ideas that all are flying troops, I thought it would be cool to have a month dedicated to updates with just flying troops where we got a new card challenge each week for the 4 week period with all 4 coming out universally at the end of the month, I will make posts about the other 3 cards and this "Air month" in the near future.

Wizards have lots of secrets to keep safe in their tall towers so they created these nasty speed demons to shred anyone willing to fly high enough, better safe than sorry!

Sky scrapers are enchanted shards of wizard glass that fly through the air and shred air troops, but they can't hit anything on the ground besides buildings.

(Note that there are 4 of them)

Rarity: Epic
HP: 212
DMG: 55
DPS: 110
ATK SPD: 0.5
Charge DMG: 230
Speed: fast
Range: melee
Targets: Air & Buildings
Count: x4

To put it simply, you basically get 2 squishy air princes for 4 elixir that only attack other air troops. They die in one shot to wizard so you don't need to use arrows on them (I didn't want to add more arrow bait, but note that you may have to arrow them in certain situations if the opponent used miner or something.)

Since they die easily to powerful ranged troops like wizard, executioner, etc. They must be used at the right time or they'll get no value. But because they charge and deal lots of damage they make a great counter to lava hound, balloon, and baby dragon since it can't kill them in one hit. And the tower alone can't counter them in time if they are charging so they can get tons of tower damage. I can see them being used in bridge spam decks because they are so quick and punishing if you aren't fast enough to defend them.

The card is different from minion horde because it costs 1 elixir less making it an even trade with fireball, it also can't be used in the same situations since it only attacks air.

-It can't be used to defend powerful ground troops like Pekka, giant, or sparky so minion horde wins out here.

-against most air troops that minion horde can counter these can counter them better so if you lack air defense a strictly air defense card like this can fix that.

-offensively they can kill inferno towers or inferno dragons much faster than minions ever could as long as they aren't countered, I could see them being used in golem decks (not sure if they'll replace night witch though.)

-An alternate win condition like I stated above.

Comments

• HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 659Member
    Nice card idea. And we are missing cycle matter too.
    I did make an idea about a flying charge unit
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,203Member
    Sort of a more offensive Minion Horde but can handle air troops way better than horde does, however can't handle ground troops at all. Seems like a sweet addition into the game's META, an another secondary win con for Beatdown.
    For the design.. it'd better if Sky Scrapers look like Machines that shaped similiar to a Mega Minion but with engine stuffed in the back and with mini propellers both on top of shoulders. Give them all a hammer as weapons too, yeah, that sounds good i think.

Anyway, nice job OP.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • BarbarianAxeThrowerBarbarianAxeThrower Posts: 87Member
    edited August 3
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    Sort of a more offensive Minion Horde but can handle air troops way better than horde does, however can't handle ground troops at all. Seems like a sweet addition into the game's META, an another secondary win con for Beatdown.
    For the design.. it'd better if Sky Scrapers look like Machines that shaped similiar to a Mega Minion but with engine stuffed in the back and with mini propellers both on top of shoulders. Give them all a hammer as weapons too, yeah, that sounds good i think.

Anyway, nice job OP.

Exactly what I was going for, but for the design I of course wasn't too sure about glass airplanes, but mechanical minions isn't much better. I'll come up with a more developed idea and potentially will add actual art to show you what I wanted them to look like.

Because my idea was for them to be less like mechanical constructs, and more like Magical beings.

EDIT: I looked over the post to fix a few errors and added an actual card description.
    -In the stats it now says that they do in fact target buildings too.
  • CeltaxorCeltaxor Posts: 12Member
    pretty cool
    edited August 7

Anyway, nice job OP.

I imagine Sky Scrapers look like sharp pointy glass knife with glass wings with wooden frame or magic frame or any frame for that matter
    This week:
    p
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • BarbarianAxeThrowerBarbarianAxeThrower Posts: 87Member
    HarryTTL wrote: »

Anyway, nice job OP.

I imagine Sky Scrapers look like sharp pointy glass knife with glass wings with wooden frame or magic frame or any frame for that matter

No frame, no wings, just a large shard of glass tinted blue or red.

No frame, no wings, just a large shard of glass tinted blue or red.
    Oh, that is nice too
    This week:
    p