Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

(Card Idea) Battle Zeppelin

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
edited August 2018 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Welcome back to card ideas. I am back with another one. This is a building targeting troop called Battle Zeppelin which works much differently than the Balloon and Skeleton Barrel. This Zeppelin only targets buildings similarly to the other troops mentioned. But unlike those troops, this one drops bombs on the way which can hit ground troops, making it a great support troop for other building targeting troops. Also when it connects to a building or it is destroyed, it will fall on the ground and 3 Guards will come out of the fallen Zeppelin.

Stats
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 7 Elixir
Hitpoints: 1900
Bomb Damage: 190
Speed: 60 (Medium)
Bomb Drop Speed: 0,9 seconds
Bomb Area Radius: 1,5 meters
Sight Range: 7,7 meters
Targets: Buildings
Guard Level: 4

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively, its main use is either to take down towers or to support other building targeting troops like Hog Rider or tanks like Giant Skeleton and PEKKA. These Bombs can only hit Ground troops but their damage is high enough to kill an Ice Spirit. Its extra Guards can also help a bit in offense

In terms of spell interactions, none of them can take it out. Even combinations cannot take it either as you will need at least 4 spells in order to take down the Zeppelin and kill the Guards with those spells being Rocket and Lightning for the Zeppelin and Log and Giant Snowball for the Guards will all cost 16 Elixir to take care of 7

Defensive Capabilities
Defensively, it is not that good. As it can only target buildings, it cannot do anything in defense except kiting. But even then, it will not kite them for too much and it also costs a heavy 7 Elixir. And even then, those Guards will not help much. Consider using Guards and an Ice Golem instead in this case which cost 2 less Elixir

How to counter this unit
Any air troop except Balloon, Skeleton Barrel, Lava Hound and other Battle Zeppelins can make good work of the Zeppelin. Bats are the best choice here because of their higher DPS and higher number of troops which outperform the Inferno Dragon as the extra Guards can stall him longer than they can stall the Bats. Other ways to check it is with buildings, especially Bomb Tower and Furnace. They can aggro the Battle Zeppelin and kill the Guards easily. You can also use Ground Anti Air troops to counter it, especially Wizard. But in this case, better place them away from the Zeppelin so that they do not get damaged by the bombs.

Please tell your opinion below. Is it too versatile? Or is it underpowered?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
«1

Comments

  • TotillityTotillity Posts: 184Member
    Wow, you've just ripped off the Zeppelin idea I had in the works.
    IGN - Rage4Wage, Trophies: 4000-4300, PB - 4320
    Resident Golem Champion
    Consider Joining a Sir Tag Family Clan
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
    Totillity wrote: »
    Wow, you've just ripped off the Zeppelin idea I had in the works.

    Oh sorry did not know about that. Can you tell me how indetical they were
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Totillity wrote: »
    Wow, you've just ripped off the Zeppelin idea I had in the works.

    "Ripped off" isn't the word you're lookin for.. it's ninja'd *insert random samurai noises*
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    Anyway, this idea seems cool and fun. Would most likely approved to be Legendary by the community, including me. For the concept, it's brilliant, it's like Balloon and Valkyrie at the same time.. you can use it to ruin pushes and make a threatening push with this card. The 7 elixir cost is a nice cherry-on top, because of the consistency between powercreeps are in a nice order.

    For balancing, it's perfect. The DPS, HP, Speed balances it's concept so well. Good job.

    Wow, you're actually talented at these kind of things @Giorgakis. Nice :crsmirk:
    if you're wondering why i have to use 2 replies, it's because i diffrenciate the context between these two.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    Personally, I feel it is a little too powerful in it's current stats.
    From what I can get from the stats, it has the radius of a Rocket and the ability to 4 shot most medium units including the Bandit and Night Witch in the span of 2 seconds. With a Medium movement speed (1.5 tiles/sec), it will get there in 5 1/3 seconds, which is the same as the Balloon, with more DPS than the Balloon as well.
    If you were to place a Tesla down, it would rinse it in 2.5 seconds when it gets there (2 seconds) and it would only deal 760 of the 1900 needed. The tower would also have only done 450 damage. If the tower were to finish the job on it's own, it would have dealt 1710, excluding support.
    Balance wise, I would recommend you to reduce the hit speed (I mean it's 380DPS for crying out loud); reduce the damage to something like 176 so that it is fairer against the Night Witch and Bandit; and slow the speed down to Slow. I know it is usually fast in CoC, but for the sake of balance, it needs it.
    Let me know what you think.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    @KN11F3D I don't know mate, Tombstone literally counter this card for +4 trade without any risk. In case if you missed, the OP stated that it dies upon reaching a building.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    edited August 2018
    This is unbalanced. @KN11F3D @ferrell34
    This card is like the witch, too weak against some decks and super OP against the rest.

    This card could destroy most defenses with a tornado. But you can drop a building down and get positive elixer trade. Plus it is too heavy to combine with another tank.

    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    @HarryTTL Completely agree with you there.
    And while @ferrell34 mentioned it did die as soon as it hit a building, what if you don't have one? It pretty much forces you to have a building in your deck, or else as I said, your Fireball bait units are going to suffer heavily.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
    KN11F3D wrote: »
    @HarryTTL Completely agree with you there.
    And while @ferrell34 mentioned it did die as soon as it hit a building, what if you don't have one? It pretty much forces you to have a building in your deck, or else as I said, your Fireball bait units are going to suffer heavily.

    Or you can just place them away from the path. Placing them closer to the center is deadly for the Battle Zeppelin. And let's not firget Air troops which are completely immune to the Bomb Drop Damage
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    KN11F3D wrote: »
    @HarryTTL Completely agree with you there.
    And while @ferrell34 mentioned it did die as soon as it hit a building, what if you don't have one? It pretty much forces you to have a building in your deck, or else as I said, your Fireball bait units are going to suffer heavily.

    Or you can just place them away from the path. Placing them closer to the center is deadly for the Battle Zeppelin. And let's not firget Air troops which are completely immune to the Bomb Drop Damage

    KN11F3D is stating that this card would force players to pack Buildings in their decks. You got some points there, Giorgakis.

    I disagree with @KN11F3D as well, i believe this card won't give that much impact in the META. Unlike the old Inferno Tower and beta Night Witch, they don't have multiple-yet, variative counters; making their presence a threat in every deck on that point, reducing versatility *that* much. Battle Zeppelin has alot of counters, as stated.. Any Building, Any Air Swarm, Any ranged Glass Cannon counters it. Doesn't matter if it's single targeted or doesn't do stun or slow. Plus, this unit's sight range is crazy far: which makes it pullable by Buildings from your side easily, another way to counter if it's going on a straight line, on it's way to blast your glass cannons.

    "Isn't that why this would affect the META? Because Buildings are the most effective way to counter it?" No. Think it like Sparky. It has alot and variative counters, but when you have no answers to her you're dead. Between those answers, there is the most effective way to counter her, you know what it is :crsmirk: Lvl 13 Elite Barbarians+Heal. But does she affect the META? Like force all decks to have Zap or Rocket? No. Instead it forces Sparky users to be more careful.

    It's pretty hard to balance the game in this point. But at least we should have different kind of decks while the game's "improving".
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    @ferrell34 You make a point that Sparky is easy to counter and, if left alone, can deal tons of damage; and I get that kind of concept. But unlike Sparky, you can drop this straight away on top of a decently sized push, since it drops bombs 'on the way' to the nearest tower or building and wipe the entire thing out. That is my main concern to this card at the moment.
    Think of it like deploying a Mega Knight on top of a ton of units. That, repeated over and over again on top of a push with no deploy time penalty (as far as I know, it's the default 1 second) will shut down most pushes and anything behind straight away.
    Then going back to the building comment I made, if you spent a good amount of elixir on one push, what else do you have to afford a building, if you have one in your hand? This was the sort of thing I was refering to when I made that comment.

    On a side note, I will admit to a mistake for not reading the point where it automatically destroys itself when it lands next to a building to spawn the Guards in. If it did land on a building, it won't completely annihilate it because it goes away to prevent that from happening.

    However as HarryTTL stated, it is unbalanced in the fact that it is either too weak or too strong. Put it against a cycle deck and it will suffer. Put it against beatdown and it will dominate. It's reliant on the opponent as to whether it works or not, which in a meta that can change around a certain card pretty quickly, could throw the entire system off and make the game stale in preparation of seeing this card in battle, rather than a range of cards.
    @Giorgakis

    - KN11F3D
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,117Member
    edited August 2018
    After a few controversial speech, I decided to decrease the Bomb Drop Radius from 2 meters to 1,5 meters so that it does not completely take out everything.

    Oh and I forgot to mention that the Zeppelin does not do ANY Death Damage when it connects to a building or loses all of its hitpoints, unlike the Skeleton Barrel.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

    Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

    Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    edited August 2018
    @KN11F3D seems we have different perspective of this card when comes using it in defense. Since i think this card's defending capabilties isn't as good as Mega Knight nor PEKKA, but it's counterpushing is (better, rather faster to be precise).

    Sorry for misunderstanding your argument back there, but i feel like that argument is actually a bit easier to beat, no offense. Just like Graveyard, you have to consider the moves you are going to do isn't going to let their Graveyard earn value while rushing through their defenses. In other words, try to outsmart your opponent. Don't know how to put this precisely, but it comes around from experience.

    I don't think it will suffer that much againts Bait though nor dominates againts Beatdown, like how Lavaloon againts Beta Exenado and vice versa. Seeing how many counter it has but it's a relatively-good adaptive card. Again, like Sparky. Meaning, i disagree with @HarryTTL as well.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    @ferrell34 You'd be right in saying we have different perspectives on what the card essentially plays like, so I've taken the time to get a good selection of cards consisting of buildings, spells and troops to help us understand this card better. And to be honest, I think we both got it wrong...
    @Giorgakis you might want to have a look at this as well.
    _____________________________________________________________________
    Arena Tower - reaches at 1360hp
    All guards get taken out in 9.6 seconds, dealing 1350 damage.

    Tesla - disappears at 1250hp
    Tesla survives with 54hp left.

    Cannon - disappears at 1630hp
    Cannon survives with 112hp left.

    Tornado - reaches at 950hp
    Tower takes full damage. (1350)

    Lightning - reaches at 433hp
    Tower takes full damage. (1350)

    Rocket - reaches at 128hp
    Tower takes full damage. (1350)

    Bats - reaches at 20hp
    Tower recieves 540 damage.

    Archers - reaches at 672hp
    Tower recieves 630 damage.
    Underneath: 1 second.

    Spear Goblins - reaches at 757hp
    Tower recieves 720 damage.
    Underneath: Instakilled.

    Minions - reaches at 100hp
    Tower recieves 270 damage.

    Minion Horde - destroyed in 3.2 seconds (3.2 tiles away)
    The Guards still deal 180 damage!

    Dart Goblin - reaches at 592hp
    Tower recieves 630 damage.
    Underneath: 1 second.

    Mega Minion - reaches at 586hp
    Tower recieves 720 damage.

    Three Muskets - destroyed in 4 seconds (2 tiles away)
    The Guards still deal 540 damage!
    Underneath: 2 seconds.

    Musketeer - reaches at 656hp
    Tower recieves 630 damage.
    Underneath: 2 seconds.

    Wizard - reaches at 658hp
    Tower recieves 360 damage.
    Underneath: 2 seconds.

    Baby Dragon - reaches at 959hp
    Tower recieves 450 damage.

    Executioner - reaches at 800hp
    Tower recieves 450 damage.
    Underneath: Survives with 250hp.

    Ice Wizard - reaches at 904hp
    Tower recieves 810 damage.
    Underneath: 2.7 seconds (including slow)
    _______________________________________________________________________
    It proves my theory that buildings are going to be optimal to defend this thing, but I want to point the attention to how many units, even if they aren't underneath it, can't defend it in a 1vs1 without taking tower damage. Even the splash damage units struggle against it without a building in place and could potentially need more than one air card to take on. You are more than likely to need more than one card to defend it from any form of damage, unless you have a building.

    As for the playstyle, on defense, I would think it can defend against two different attacking units in the same lane, wipe them both out and still keep going. Three may push it a little, but this is excluding any support or spells, since you have 3 elixir spare.
    Speaking of which, if you decide to be a madman and clone the Zeppelin, you will output enough damage to completely shut down a Hog, Valkyrie, Bowler, Battle Ram, Cannon Cart and Knight with 0 damage on your tower whatsoever.
    Raging it is even worse when you consider that it will be bumped up to 513DPS at a 0.3sec hit speed, and is capable of reaching your tower in 4 seconds!

    However, despite these obsurd defensive capabilities, I wouldn't consider it a defensive unit. I would consider it as offensive support. All you do is place one of these down on top of a bunch of units, then place maybe a Mini PEKKA underneath and it will protect it the whole way, while your opponent is completely out of elixir from that last push that got destroyed. And we already proved that most units can't take it on a one on one, let alone preventing it from dealing any damage, with the support it has...

    How can you outsmart your way around that? Place less units in the same lane and split push constantly (Royal Recruits)? Because unless you have a cycle deck or one with multiple win conditions, it won't stand a chance. Bait decks I would say is the middle ground here as although the units you're facing are relatively weak, unless they put them all in the same lane, it could be an interesting fight.
    This will be extremely bad for Beatdown decks though. If you happen to be playing a Golem Beatdown deck with the Night Witch, this will be your new worst enemy; it would damage the Golem, wipe out the Night Witch and reach the Arena Tower to deal damage, even with the Bats in the way. And it's not as if you have a good chance of placing that Golem either; this acts as a decent punishment card considering it deals 1350 damage let alone.

    So, have any of your thoughts changed from the research I've shown here? I probably won't go on about it anymore since I don't want to give off a headache to anyone, but it's just food for thought. :crsmirk:

    - KN11F3D
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    edited August 2018
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    @KN11F3D seems we have different perspective of this card when comes using it in defense. Since i think this card's defending capabilties isn't as good as Mega Knight nor PEKKA, but it's counterpushing is (better, rather faster to be precise).

    Sorry for misunderstanding your argument back there, but i feel like that argument is actually a bit easier to beat, no offense. Just like Graveyard, you have to consider the moves you are going to do isn't going to let their Graveyard earn value while rushing through their defenses. In other words, try to outsmart your opponent. Don't know how to put this precisely, but it comes around from experience.

    I don't think it will suffer that much againts Bait though nor dominates againts Beatdown, like how Lavaloon againts Beta Exenado and vice versa. Seeing how many counter it has but it's a relatively-good adaptive card. Again, like Sparky. Meaning, i disagree with @HarryTTL as well.

    My only concern for this card is when it is played with tornado. With tornado this card just shred everything except air. But then you can prepare arrow or fireball or combine with exe or wiz.

    And as @KN11F3D stated above me, with rage or clone this card will denied pretty much all damage on your tower. @Giorgakis @ferrell34
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
Sign In or Register to comment.
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy:www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.