Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[10 NEW Card Ideas] Now with The Saboteur,The Volcano & The Yeti!

LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 994Member
edited September 9 in Ideas & Feature Requests
CARD 1 - THE GENIE

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Can be spawned anywhere on the Arena
  • Rarity: Legendary
  • Elixir Cost: 6
  • Health: 550
  • Spawn Damage: 900 (360 to towers)
  • Damage: 300 (120 to towers)
  • Hitspeed: 1.3sec
  • DPS: 231 (92 to towers)
  • Target: Ground
  • Range: Melee
  • Speed: Fast
  • Spawn Delay: 2sec (since it appears instantly and doesn't have to dig)
  • Usage: A cross between the Miner and the Rocket - it can kill/damage troops behind the tower and then keep on chipping the tower.Also used as a backstabbing unit or to defend against glass cannons

CARD 2 - THE WEREWOLF

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: After staying on the Arena for 7.5 seconds,he becomes raged,which doesn't expire as long as the troop is alive
  • Rarity: Epic
  • Elixir Cost: 3
  • Health: 1000
  • Damage: 450
  • Hitspeed: 2.0sec
  • DPS: 225
  • Speed: Fast
  • Spawn Delay: 1sec
  • Rage Boost: 35% (the standard Rage)
  • Raged Hitspeed: 1.48sec
  • Raged DPS: 304
  • Raged Speed: Approx. Very Fast
  • Usage: A cheaper member of the MP/LJ family,providing good value on defense and then counterpushing

CARD 3 - FLYING CRYSTAL

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: It is a flying building!
  • Health: 300
  • Damage: 200
  • Hitspeed: 0.7sec
  • DPS: 285
  • Target: Ground & Air
  • Range: 5.5
  • Lifetime: 25sec
  • Usage: Single-use defensive structure that pressures the enemy to spend a 3+ elixir spell on it,or otherwise deal heaps of damage to attackers.Distracts Balloon and Hound.Also makes short work of siege buildings for a positive trade

CARD 4 - THE GLADIATOR (REWORKED)

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Spawns with a single-use spear,which he can throw from a range to deal substantial damage
  • Elixir Cost: 4
  • Health: 750
  • Shield Health: 199
  • Damage: 240
  • Hitspeed: 1.4sec
  • DPS: 171
  • Spear Damage: 700
  • Target: Normally ground-only,but the spear can hit air
  • Range: Normally melee,but the spear has a 5.5 tile range
  • Speed: Medium
  • Usage: Packs a strong punch when spawned,to eliminate an immediate threat (hog/ram/miner/loon/etc).Then leaves a Bandit-like troop (stat-wise) with no dash.

CARD 5 - CROWN PALADIN

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Takes only 35% spell damage (like Crown Towers),and also passively grants that ability to nearby troops (but not to buildings),as long as they stay in his radius
  • Aura Radius: 3.5
  • Health: 1035
  • Damage: 90
  • Hitspeed: 1.0sec
  • DPS: 90
  • Speed: Medium
  • Usage: Mini tank that protects nearby units from spells,which can find success in many areas!

CARD 6 - ZAPPY FACTORY

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Spawns pairs of Zappies periodically,and also shoots enemies on sight with its built-in zap coil!
  • Elixir Cost: 7
  • Health: 1300
  • Damage: 200
  • Hitspeed: 1.6sec
  • DPS: 125
  • Stun Duration: 0.5sec
  • Range: 4.5
  • Zappy Level: 7
  • Spawn Speed: 9.9sec
  • Lifetime: 50sec,
  • Usage: This building is quite decent at defense,as the structure itself and the spawned zappies will attack for a total of 208 DPS as well as a lot of stun.It also has the health to survive the onslaught and continue functioning as a hut.Couples of Zappies can deal large amounts of chip damage if not addressed.

CARD 7 - THE CAVE

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Spawns Golemites periodically
  • Health: 1080
  • Golemite Level: 4
  • Spawn Speed: 14.9sec
  • Lifetime: 45sec
  • Usage: The Cave is different from the other spawners.Created troops don't deal damage to towers on their own.The actual point of this is to support the other spawners (especially the Goblin Hut) and/or cheap troops.The Golemites can tank quite a bit,making this building dangerous when supported properly.

CARD 8 - THE SABOTEUR

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: An inexpensive building seeker that does high damage to crown towers but is ineffective when distracted
  • Health: 900
  • Damage: 105 (300 to towers)
  • Hitspeed: 1.3sec
  • DPS: 81 (231 to towers)
  • Target: Buildings
  • Speed: Very Fast
  • Usage: Like how the Werewolf is in competition with MP & LJ,this one is designed to rival Hog Rider/Royal Hogs/Battle Ram.This is just a cheaper hog that does much higher DPS,while sacrificing a lot of health and utility (no river jump leading to no pig push and no pump sniping),and he has little to no impact if countered with a building.Best combined with mini tanks since it's notably squishier than the hog.

CARD 9 - THE VOLCANO

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: Defensive building that constantly deals damage to ALL enemies around it,and the closer the enemy is to the tower,the faster it melts
  • Elixir Cost: 6
  • Health: 1250
  • Damage: 25/75/250
  • Hitspeed: 0.4sec
  • DPS: 63/188/563
  • Range: 6.5/4.5/2.5
  • Lifetime: 50sec
  • Spawn Delay: 2sec (to prevent people from playing this right on top of enemies)
  • Usage: An all-round great defensive structure that can simultaneously damage all troops in a push with its tremendous AoE and massive damage output against melee troops.Though,beware of the price tag and the little damage it does against enemies farther away.Can pe paired with Tornado to make an insane combo which destroys EVERYTHING without question...that is,if you have 9 elixir.

CARD 10 - THE YETI

Stats @ Level 9
  • Ability: This troop has an extremely durable armour made of ice,which rapidly melts and disappears within seconds
  • Health: 500
  • Shield Health: 2500
  • Shield Decay: 250/sec
  • Damage: 350
  • Hitspeed: 2.5sec
  • DPS: 140
  • Speed: Slow
  • Usage: A temporary tank that's a hero when deployed and turns into a zero after time passes.Best used as a reactive defender or at the bridge for a rush attack.

Please tell your ideas and opinions about the cards.Thanks in advance!
MasterCal
Simply the best. B)

Main Acc: Level 12 - PB 4.3k (Challenger 2)
Card Levels: 11.0-10.6-10.0-X

Mini Acc: Level 6 - PB 2.6k (Arena 9)
Card Levels: 6.2-6.0-7.5-X

Comments

• KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 212Member
    Seems like a pretty good set of ideas so far.

For the Genie, 300 damage in my opinion is a bit much, but for how weak he is, it could work as a stealth attacker for Fireball units. His main use though, I feel is part spell, part backstabbing unit (like the Miner).

Although the Werewolf's concept is pretty good, the damage is too high, especially considering you're going from 1.8sec to 1.3sec when the Rage kicks in. One hint to bring into the movement mechanics; Rage will increase movement speed anyways by 1.35x. So it could be 1.35x Fast (2 tiles/sec), unless the intention was to make it 1.35x Very Fast (3 tiles/sec). This would total to 2.7 tiles and 4 tiles per second.
    Not to mention, 338DPS for a 3 elixir card, which is higher than the Hunter, Mini PEKKA and Sparky is a big hint to say this is overpowered. I would personally tone the damage down or increase the elixir to 4 (could rival the Lumberjack).

The flying building on the other hand, I think is well balanced. You could quite easily Arrow it, but otherwise it can deal with a good amount of defense in it's short life time. The thing with this though is; how will the Balloon act with this? I'm pretty sure bombs drop by gravity. Just a thought.
    Also, where did you get the idea of a Flying Crystal and how would it suit a medieval/fantasy themed game?

I like the idea of a first-strike ability for the Gladiator, but I'm not sure if I get how it works afterwards. What weapon does he use when he already thrown his spear? Does he use his fists? Can he pick the Spear back up from the body he kills?
    Balance-wise, again, it's a bit high (which is a common trend here). I would scale is down by 16% (206, 603).

Hope this helps you out and let me know what you think :crsmirk:
    - KN11F3D
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • CeltaxorCeltaxor Posts: 52Member
    I think the werewolf is a cool idea, but it seems like its missing something, the genie seems like a meganight spell, and too bland, the flying crystal is kind wierd, and the gladiator feels bland and UP
  • LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 994Member
    edited August 24
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!

BALANCE CHANGES
    • Werewolf: Hitspeed +0.2sec (1.8 -> 2.0)
    • Gladiator: Non-shield health -9.1% (850 -> 750)
    KN11F3D wrote: »
    How will the Balloon act with this (Flying Crystal)? I'm pretty sure bombs drop by gravity. Just a thought.

The skeleton could simply throw the bomb from a very close range.

Also, where did you get the idea of a Flying Crystal and how would it suit a medieval/fantasy themed game?

Idk where I exactly got it from... A way of fitting the card into the Clash Universe might be ''the Master Builder tried to create an upgraded version of the Flying Machine but naughty Goblins stole some of its parts,making it fragile and unable to move'' or something.

I like the idea of a first-strike ability for the Gladiator, but I'm not sure if I get how it works afterwards. What weapon does he use when he already thrown his spear? Does he use his fists? Can he pick the Spear back up from the body he kills?

I would say he uses fists,since he holds the shield with his other hand,meaning that he's left with no hands to carry another weapon.
    Just don't ask how he one-shots a Princess/DG with his fists :crsmirk:

Simply the best. B)

UPDATE
    • Added 3 new cards.
    • Added short ''how to use'' sections to each card.

What do you think about the new cards?
    Simply the best. B)

• KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 212Member
    @LostParadise From the look of things, the two cards you updated are much improved. The Werewolf is now in a rock-paper-position placement with the Mini PEKKA and Lumberjack, which is neat. As for the Gladiator, he seems to be a well rounded unit now.

For your new ideas, there are some mistakes/things missing. What is the Crown Paladin's radius to deflect spells? I also believe that 'spell immune shields' was a ruled out idea I'm afraid :/
    Zappy Spawners are also on this list as they are highly requested, but having the idea of a Spawner building that defends itself is interesting enough.

The Cave is overpowered. This is essentially a Barbarian Hut with half of the health, and spawning stronger units that don't attack enemies. I would perhaps rework this one so that you don't have to cope with 1728hp coming down one lane every 15 seconds.
    This might be good as a 5 elixir Spawner that spawns one every 8.6 seconds, for 35 seconds. How does that sound?

- KN11F3D
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    genie: basically a enhanced version of miner
    werewolf: great idea!!!
    flying crystal: cost should be 4 elixir
    gladiator: great idea!!!
    crown paladin: weird
    zappy factory: maybe not the shooting part
    the cave: should be 5/6 elixir
    Crown paladin and zappy factory sound like awesome Ideas, as for the cave I think that would be better as a bat spawner. One question, what would they look like?
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 662Member
    CARD 1 - THE GENIE
    Super weird, don't know what to say here.
    CARD 2 - THE WEREWOLF
    I like this card. It provide more options for players.
    Pretty much my werewolf but without having to damage it first
    CARD 3 - FLYING CRYSTAL
    How can a flying building building distract baloon or hound. I like it tho.
    CARD 4 - THE GLADIATOR (REWORKED)
    Make sense to me, insta-stop threat is a good ability.
    CARD 5 - CROWN PALADIN
    OP Alert, remove the aura of protection and he would be fine.
    CARD 6 - ZAPPY FACTORY
    6 elixer would be a better cost.
    CARD 7 - THE CAVE
    Very weird.
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
    edited September 9
    NEW CARDS
    • Saboteur
    • Volcano
    • Yeti
    (It wasn't easy to balance those,so please tell if they're still a bit off)

NEW BALANCES
    • Crown Paladin: Health -10% (1150 -> 1035)
    • The Cave: Golemites per wave -1 (2 -> 1) & Health +20% (900 -> 1080)

Additionally,the description of the Crown Paladin was probably a bit misleading,so I fixed it.He and the protected troops aren't completely immune to spells,rather they take much less damage (35%) just like crown towers.It would be accurate to call this a ''soft-immunity'' to spells.
    Simply the best. B)

The new ones don't really work, the saboteur seems like a bandit-hog rider, the volcano seems a little big for the arena and the yeti doesn't really seem like a clash charectar
  • TheNewGuyM8TheNewGuyM8 Posts: 40Member
    edited September 10
    You probably already answered this, so is the Genie like a Mega Knight+Miner in the way it works?

Edit: I just read the usage part.