Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Clash Royale Card Viability Rankings (Tourney Standard)

ntinoskonstantinoskonsta Posts: 68Member
edited September 2018 in Strategy & Deck Building
Hello everyone!

This existed in the old forums and it was pretty neat (and easier to control with like 55 cards lol) so I thought I'd bring it back with the assistance of @MathChamp, @Giorgakis and @GOLEMSUCKS (yes really). The four of us also comprise the ranking council for this thread.

The list is based on their viability at tournament standards, taking into account usage rate, win rate and - to a lesser extent, only as a boost - synergies. We tried to spread the cards as equally as possible. Cards are in alphabetical order within subranks.

So without further ado, here's how the cards stack up.

- Soon™ rank -
Empty

- S rank -
Fireball
Mega Minion
Miner
Poison
The Log
Zap

- A+ rank -
Bats
Cannon Cart
Elixir Collector
Goblin Gang
Golem
Ice Spirit
Royal Ghost

- A rank -
Electro Wizard
Hog Rider
Ice Golem
Inferno Dragon
PEKKA
Royal Hogs
Three Musketeers
Tombstone
Valkyrie

- A- rank -
Bandit
Giant
Graveyard
Ice Wizard
Magic Archer
Minions
Prince
Tornado
Zappies

- B+ rank -
Arrows
Battle Ram
Cannon Cart
Dart Goblin
Guards
Hunter
Lumberjack
Musketeer
Skeletons

- B rank -
Flying Machine
Mega Knight
Minion Horde
Mini P.E.K.K.A
Night Witch
Rascals
Princess
Spear Goblins
Wizard

- B- rank -
Baby Dragon
Balloon
Executioner
Furnace
Goblin Barrel
Lightning
Rocket
X-Bow

- C+ rank -
Archers
Bowler
Dark Prince
Goblin Giant
Knight
Lava Hound
Mortar
Sparky
Tesla
Witch

- C rank -
Fire Spirits
Freeze
Giant Snowball
Inferno Tower
Knight
Skeleton Barrel

- C- rank -
Barbarians
Barbarian Hut
Bomber
Cannon
Clone
Giant Skeleton
Goblin Hut
Goblins
Skeleton Army

- D rank -
Barbarian Barrel
Bomb Tower
Elite Barbarians
Heal
Mirror
Rage
Royal Giant
Royal Recruits
GiorgakisMasterCalGOLEMSUCKSVengeanceferrell34HarryTTLMathChampbrainiacboy
#YYGRJ9P2 - F2P level 11 - Legendary Arena - PB 4625 Trophies - 88/88 Cards

Ladder Deck: Miner (10), Mini PEKKA (11), Valkyrie (11), Musketeer (11), Minions (12), Tombstone (11), Fireball (11), Zap (12) - Average 11.125

Favorite cards: Mini PEKKA, Bandit B)

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,907Member
    Really great that it is now here in the forums. I would suggest a moderator to move it to the Strategy and Deck Building subforum and stickying it as well.
    ntinoskonsta
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • ekgoalie34ekgoalie34 Posts: 178Member
    I would be interested to see more specifics as to your decision making. There is alot here that I dont necessarily agree with.
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    Thanks to Spicy for the Sig! Go Check Out His Work.
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(8), Baby Dragon(8), MM(11), Archers(13), Rocket(11), Tombstone(11), Log(4), Lightning(7)
    PB: 5523 (Set on 12/2/18)
    King Tower:13, 100% F2P
  • ntinoskonstantinoskonsta Posts: 68Member
    ekgoalie34 wrote: »
    I would be interested to see more specifics as to your decision making. There is alot here that I dont necessarily agree with.
    You can talk to us on the discord server. It's inevitable that you don't agree with everything, after all, there is still some subjectivity involved.

Ladder Deck: Miner (10), Mini PEKKA (11), Valkyrie (11), Musketeer (11), Minions (12), Tombstone (11), Fireball (11), Zap (12) - Average 11.125

You can talk to us on the discord server. It's inevitable that you don't agree with everything, after all, there is still some subjectivity involved.

Im still very new to discord and trying to figure out how it all works. How would I go about finding the server you speak of
    i64eeqpxee29.png
    http://http://communityroyale.com/discussion/188/shop-the-spiciest-signatures-request-awesome-gfx-here

Deck: Golem(8), Baby Dragon(8), MM(11), Archers(13), Rocket(11), Tombstone(11), Log(4), Lightning(7)
    edited August 2018
    Im still very new to discord and trying to figure out how it all works. How would I go about finding the server you speak of
    It's right here. :)

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1420/the-community-royale-official-discord-server#latest

But it's getting kinda late now... :P

• GOLEMSUCKSGOLEMSUCKS Posts: 13Member
    ...see how golem is A+.........

..................and you called me crazy.......

FOR REALS:

Had a lot of fun working with you guys on this :smile:, very happy with how it turned out, and I hope the rest of you guys like it too :D
    ntinoskonstaGiorgakis
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, went ahead and helped out with this, and it was a good time! Had to convince @ntinoskonsta that mega minion was S rank, but I hope that this viability chart is accurate to the, well, viability of certain cards in the game.

Oh, and I changed the formatting so it looks a little nicer ;)
    ntinoskonstaGiorgakis
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 994Member
    edited August 2018
    In my opinion,there are many cards placed where they aren't supposed to.

Here are my major suggestions:
    • Ice Spirit down.It isn't a good card after the last nerf.
    • Arrows up.That card still does rival Zap & Log.
    • Skeletons down.I don't get why they're that high.
    • Rascals up.They're one of the best cards IMO.
    • Dark Prince,Tesla,Executioner up.The C+ tier is full of cards that should've been much higher!
    • Fire Spirits up.They're better than the Ice Spirit.
    • Prince,Skarmy,Inferno Tower up.Again,we see lots of good cards in this low tier.

Actually,I have plenty more to say,but these are just the most important ones.
    MasterCal
    Simply the best. B)

Main Acc: Level 12 - PB 4.3k (Challenger 2)
    Card Levels: 11.0-10.6-10.0-X

Mini Acc: Level 6 - PB 2.6k (Arena 9)
    Card Levels: 6.2-6.0-7.5-X

• Dark Prince,Tesla,Executioner up.The C+ tier is full of cards that should've been much higher!
    • Prince,Skarmy,Inferno Tower up.Again,we see lots of good cards in this low tier.

Hey, these suggestions look more like ladder than TS. Ice spirit may be a tad too high at A+ but it's still a very strong cycle card and miles better than Fire Spirits (those aren't even in any meta decks). Arrows may have a case for A-, although they are very rarely preferred over the S rank spells. Skeletons are showing up in meta decks such as royal hogs and they cost 1 elixir so they're probably fine. Rascals are great on ladder but their use rate in challenges is very low. The princes are pretty much dead now because of their charge nerf (very likely to move up in the next update though). Tesla is really exclusive to Xbow nowadays which has hit rock bottom (1%?). Exe is just not seen at all (good riddance). Skarmy is vastly outclassed by Gang and IT is eclipsed by its dragon counterpart.

Just my arguments for placing these cards where they are. :)
    MasterCal

• BL4CKN1GHTBL4CKN1GHT Posts: 273Member
    Witch is pretty good, a bit too low in my opinion. Same with tornado
    edited August 2018

Hey, these suggestions look more like ladder than TS. Ice spirit may be a tad too high at A+ but it's still a very strong cycle card and miles better than Fire Spirits (those aren't even in any meta decks). Arrows may have a case for A-, although they are very rarely preferred over the S rank spells. Skeletons are showing up in meta decks such as royal hogs and they cost 1 elixir so they're probably fine. Rascals are great on ladder but their use rate in challenges is very low. The princes are pretty much dead now because of their charge nerf (very likely to move up in the next update though). Tesla is really exclusive to Xbow nowadays which has hit rock bottom (1%?). Exe is just not seen at all (good riddance). Skarmy is vastly outclassed by Gang and IT is eclipsed by its dragon counterpart.

Just my arguments for placing these cards where they are. :)
    • Ice Spirit: Yes,cycle value is something remarkable;but come on,it isn't such a huge thing.With the exaggeratingly nerfed freeze duration and reduced damage (it doesn't kill fire spirits as far as I know),the ice spirit has barely any impact on the field right now,making it exclusive to super-cheap decks that would use it for cycling purposes.Such a niche card should not be in SA tier (In my opinion,it deserves a BB at most).Same for the skeletons but you said that they're seeing use in meta decks,so I'm not talking about them.
    • Fire Spirits: They provide a lot of value for the cost,regardless of whether they're in the meta or not.Furthermore,they also offer cycling value like their weaker counterpart.
    • Arrows: I didn't say this is as strong as SS tier spells,or is widely picked over them;I just want to tell that it still has its uses and BA is a bit too distant to other spells.As you said,AB or AA would be more suitable.
    • Princes: I use them and despite the charge nerf did hurt,they aren't as trash as you've claimed.
    • Tesla & Exe: From my personal experience,these cards still see use and are pretty good.Though,I'm not a frequent challenge player and this list is based on challenges so nothing to say for me.
    • Skarmy & iTower: Despite being slightly overshadowed by its airborne counterpart,the iTower still does have a competition to a degree.I mean,there are reasons to choose iTower over iDragon.Skarmy might be another story,but few situations where Skarmy ends up being better than GG do exist.

Additionally,as Blacknight posted above,the Witch does fine even in this valk meta,so she should go up.
    Simply the best. B)

• Ice Spirit: Yes,cycle value is something remarkable;but come on,it isn't such a huge thing.With the exaggeratingly nerfed freeze duration and reduced damage (it doesn't kill fire spirits as far as I know),the ice spirit has barely any impact on the field right now,making it exclusive to super-cheap decks that would use it for cycling purposes.Such a niche card should not be in SA tier (In my opinion,it deserves a BB at most).Same for the skeletons but you said that they're seeing use in meta decks,so I'm not talking about them.

Ice spirit will forever be a broken OP card as long as it has the ability to freeze. There is no reason a 1 elixer card should be able to stun/reset/stall a large group of troops.

It stops all charging units for the cheap cost of 1 elixer
    It resets the inferno cards and sparky
    it forces all troops to retarget upon coming out of the freeze

Lessening the duration of the freeze pretty much does nothing because length wasnt the problem. The problem is the freeze itself being built into a cycle card that by the way can take 1 hit from almost all ranged units in the game. Why can an Ice spirit completely shut down a musketeer at the bridge? Thats broken....

In an ideal world, all the ice spirit should be able to do is hold up troops for a fraction of a second where you will need additional troops to fully shut something down.
    i64eeqpxee29.png

edited August 2018
    First update 31/08/2018 (courtesy of @MathChamp for editing)
    • Prince C- -> C: He's certainly off meta, but his offensive capabilities can easily catch the opponent off guard.
    • Bomber C -> C-: Barely any advantages over other splash troops. It's really just the elixir cost that stands out, which is offset by his HP stat.
    • Archers B- -> C+: They only appear in siege decks which are in a very bad spot currently.
    • Executioner C+ -> B-: He may have disappeared from the meta, however combined with tornado he can still be supremely annoying on defense.
    • Balloon B+ -> B: Balloon decks are falling off because of the nerf and Fireball being very prevalent.
    • Hunter B -> B+: Hunter sees low usage due to his high skill cap. In reality, he can be an extremely valuable card with his "melee" damage.
    • Witch C -> C+: Her fast Skeleton spawns give her a small niche in that she can counter single target troops very well.
    • Freeze C+ -> C: Pretty much a gimmick at TS even though it can be pretty good on ladder with Graveyard.
    • Inferno Tower C- -> C: It has some (albeit few) merits over Inferno Dragon, namely being sturdier and not weak to Fireball and Snowball.
    • Cannon C -> C-: Usage in a single deck is not enough to keep it in C. It is otherwise outclassed by other buildings.
    • Soon™ rank created for new cards and Goblin Giant added.
    • Cards are now alphabetically ordered.

edited August 2018
    Agree with all but one of the changes above: The Bomber is a cheap muscle that does similar DPS to its rivals for two less elixir.It is also immune to be surrounded by squishy troops.IMO these two advantages are just enough to keep this card at CC,given that it's already quite a low tier.CD means it's almost straight up trash,which it isn't.

One small thing: You wrote ''Cannon C- -> C'' instead of ''Cannon C -> C-''.
    Simply the best. B)

• MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    Agree with all but one of the changes above: The Bomber is a cheap muscle that does similar DPS to its rivals for two less elixir.It is also immune to be surrounded by squishy troops.IMO these two advantages are just enough to keep this card at CC,given that it's already quite a low tier.CD means it's almost straight up trash,which it isn't.

One small thing: You wrote ''Cannon C- -> C'' instead of ''Cannon C -> C-''.

But, he can't target air, has an extremely slow attack speed, and doesn't have the range to keep from getting pecked. So, even in cases like barbarians which should be a hard counter, the bomber can still be hit by the barbarians.

The winrates back up that statement as well. In RoyaleAPI, bomber has the 5th worst winrate in GCs, and in StatsRoyale, he has the 19th worst winrate in CCs and the 3rd worst winrate in tournaments (he actually has a 0% winrate in GCs on statsroyale). Even "off-meta" decks don't have the bomber and prefer cards like the bomb tower or giant skeleton.

And, it's just outclassed. Why use the bomber when you can use the princess with air targeting and a way higher range or an ice wizard with a slow effect, more hp, and air targeting.

That's why the bomber is where it is. It's because of the stats, winrates, and just being the worst splasher when compared to other cards. And people agree too with bomber only having an .8% usage rate in CCs according to statsroyale.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!