Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Off Meta Strategy

JAMJAM64JAMJAM64 Posts: 12Member
edited September 2018 in Strategy & Deck Building
Hey all,

This might seem a little weird, but I was wondering how many of you play off meta decks, and i feel like playing off meta allowes me to become less counterable. Ive played a double prince deck dark prince 6.1% usage arena 12, prince 8.8% usage arena 12, from 2500 trophies to 4100 now. Even with all the buffs and nerfs that have happened to them, i've constantly played them since roughly 8 months ago. (I took a break for 4 months after reaching hog mountain. Let me know in the comments if you play off meta and seem to be rewarded for it.
Meta Decks
  1. Do you play Meta decks20 votes
    1. i play meta decks
      10.00%
    2. i play meta ish decks
      30.00%
    3. i play off meta decks
      60.00%

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,014Member
    I do not know if my deck is a meta one but I doubt it is. I have heard that nobody uses a Royal Giant Sparky deck, besides me of course. And the funny part is that my cards are actually underleveled compared to my King Tower Level, yet I reached 3.8k trophies with that deck.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,943Moderator
    My philosophy has always been "popularity is indirectly proportional to value", and as a consequence I'm not capable to use a deck without an underused card. I feel like the best way to win is to take the hidden potential of an unpopular card and show to everyone that its capabilities can overcome popular cards' power. X-Bow? I use Hunter to get rid of all tanks. Miner control? I use Giant Skeleton as the ultimate defense and to get rid of oponent's defense. Bridge spam? I sue Royal Recruits to deal against great pushes and chip damage at the same time.
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,276Moderator
    I try to have fun when playing, so I often change decks and am not afraid to dump tens of thousands of gold into upgrading some cards. I'm trying to get some of the Rares that I just started using recently, like Giant or Elixir Collector up to viable levels.

Some of my decks could be considered "meta" but they're never direct copies. At least, not intentionally.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 13 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Well, sometimes I play meta decks, but mostly I play decks that while having meta cards are in weird combinations with each other.

Like, my main deck has a giant and a pekka in it. This would seem like a weird combination, but it works quite well and can even split push in double elixir if I catch the opponent low on elixir.

I do copy decks though (even though I used to not ever), but they're not meta for right now. But, if I want to practice with certain cards, I will use them in the best possible deck to test my skills (like giant miner prince or golem night witch lumberjack).

So, yes, I do copy decks to an extent (go ahead and hate me for that), but when trying to pick out my main deck, I try to find something that is weird but works.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 683Member
    I play a meta deck that has faded out on ladder. The classic log bait deck with knight, inferno tower and rocket.

I started playing it very long time ago, it was not popular/meta at all when I started, it became the top deck at some point in time and eventually became not very good now, but I am still playing it.

I make decks and copy decks, it is the way that I learn and improve. It is necessary to try out the meta decks to truly understand the strength and weakness of different strategies.
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    My ladder deck is partly meta.
    Xbow and hunter off meta while knight, tesla, fireball, log etc meta cards.
    BUT
    In 2v2, i use wierd combos,
    ever heard of hound giant larry skelly barrel clone?
    Or dart goblin chip cycle with g iant skelly nado as defense?
    Or xbow pekka?
    Or rocket cycle with zappies?
    Or a lumberloon freeze with hunter?
    Or mk nw gy?
    I have used them all.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • OmgItsEthanOmgItsEthan Posts: 1,020Member
    I play a magic archer/xbow/sparky idk how much further from off-meta I can get while still being able to win games :crsmirk:
    Oh ma gash guys its ya boi Ethan

Memes are best

Join the best clan Moonbeam
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/921/recruiting-come-join-moonbeam-hollow-4000#latest

Idk what else to put here m8

9yo Army

• JAMJAM64JAMJAM64 Posts: 12Member
    WOW! Thank you all for the support! I love hearing about all your wacky decks, and I'm glad we could have this great conversation
  • sx0941sx0941 Posts: 137Member
    I play an off-meta deck in 4000-4200.Miner&bomber is the main combo used on attack.
    The poll seems not really true,mainly because too few forumers vote here
    Thanks Samirmistra very much for bringing me here!
    A very busy senior high school student.
  • JAMJAM64JAMJAM64 Posts: 12Member
    sx0941 wrote: »
    I play an off-meta deck in 4000-4200.Miner&bomber is the main combo used on attack.
    The poll seems not really true,mainly because too few forumers vote here

agreed,

I'd say most people play meta decks, thats why its called "meta" lol XD

Furthermore, people playing meta decks most likely won't admit it in a forum about off meta decks. ;)
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,396Moderator
    edited September 2018
    My deck's abit META-ish (ladder). I play Giant Sparky on ladder, that is a hybrid of the latest META Giant Sparky (swarm Bait) and the outdated Giant NW Sparky Deck (where most of the deck involves Air troops). Works well in Challenger II with all cards being level 11 (including Common).
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 134Member
    I don't know whether my deck (check my signature) is META or not, but I do know that I have never seen any other player run it, and more importantly, I have not changed it since I got Bandit shortly after her release back in Spring of 2017.

In those 18 months or so, I have seen METAs come and go, and with each new META I have adapted the way I play my deck to survive and thrive without having to change it.

My old deck from my first go at this game was truly off META:

PEKKA, LH, Mini P, Ice Wiz, F Spirits, Ice Spirit, Zap, Poison.

But there are many ways to counter this deck now, and the CC that made it work, has been severely crippled - Zap, Poison and Ice Spirit have all had their stun/slow reduced or removed.

There are times when I do play it for fun though.
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5877
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 13, Poison 13, B Dragon 13, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 13, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 13

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 663Member
    edited September 2018
    Not very F2P but it is the current one im using.
    Giant Skeleton
    Magic Archer
    Mega Minion
    Miner
    Valkyrie
    Ice Wizard
    Zap
    Night Witch
    It is off meta unless you count the valk, it does reward a lots.
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • Shine_Monkey_311Shine_Monkey_311 Posts: 82Member
    JAMJAM64 wrote: »
    Hey all,

This might seem a little weird, but I was wondering how many of you play off meta decks, and i feel like playing off meta allowes me to become less counterable. Ive played a double prince deck dark prince 6.1% usage arena 12, prince 8.8% usage arena 12, from 2500 trophies to 4100 now. Even with all the buffs and nerfs that have happened to them, i've constantly played them since roughly 8 months ago. (I took a break for 4 months after reaching hog mountain. Let me know in the comments if you play off meta and seem to be rewarded for it.

I've always played Off Meta. Just because there's more satisfaction from winning battles from a deck you built with a specific strategy in mind.
    Also because most Meta decks don't fit my style. I always want my decks to have the capability to 3 Crown at anytime so that last second wins are possible.
    I also want my defense to have the potential to melt away death balls if I play my cards right.

I don't like X-Bow because X-Bow decks are usually 1 or 2 Crown wins.
    I don't like heavy tank beatdowns like LH or Golem, because you have to rely on slow expensive pushes to win. Sometimes there's not enough time left to build that one Golem push you need to win.

I like Control Beatdown decks.

Current Deck:
    Graveyard
    Freeze
    Barbarian Barrel
    Goblin Gang
    Lumberjack
    Dart Goblin
    Battle Ram
    Wizard
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 527Member
    There are pros an cons to playing "Meta" decks.... Decks become Meta because they are the best decks out there for the current environment.

When making an "off Meta" deck, you really need to consider what cards are in Meta currently. You might think you are playing something clever, but get countered my a cheap card that is common in everyones deck.

"Counter Meta" would be the best way to go... study what is currently being used at a high rate and find the weakness.... you have to be willing to lose very badly to some Rogue decks, but statically you should win more than you lose.