Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Balance Changes Attempt

Hey! I am attempting to produce my own and a possible ideal balance changes. This is just my version and if I added anything that doesn't suit your favor, then, don't worry because these are not actual changes.

Balance Changes:

1. Goblins: Damage decreased by 10%

Pretty reasonable. Goblins do high damage and almost always produce value. This nerf indirectly affects Goblin Gang (which was buffed for no reason because of spear goblins change) and Goblin Barrel (which is always a good win-condition ever since the cost change). Also, skeletons will be thought of as a secondary choice now.

2. Hog Rider: Health reduced by 5%

I recently heard that Hog Rider's pig-push ability is removed. But still, it is a force to be reckoned with. So, by reducing it's health slightly which they should have done months ago, Hog Rider will finally be in that balanced-slightly up status which all cards except hog rider has been in.

3. Ice Spirit: Health reduced by 10%

Ice Spirit used to be a good hog support. Hog Rider was nerfed but it wasn't that huge. So, this follow-up nerf will make sure that the hog rider won't be so overpowered as before. Also, Ice Spirit itself is such a strong 1-elixir card that makes skeletons seem bad. So, by this nerf, Ice spirit will no longer be able to reach the tower or tank a shot from musketeer on it's own.

4. Royal Giant: 15% damage and health increase; range decreased by 0.5 tiles; removed from the game with a 50% gem refund; re-released as a epic card

I don't know what else to do with this card. Now, dart goblin is the best and the only assailant other than princess. Also, this is a buff. Think about it. The smarter players are not dumb enough to pre-plant a defense like inferno tower when playing against RG. Ranged Tank is always a weird, broken and crazy concept to me.

5. Elite Barbarians: 10% damage increase; removed with a 50% gem refund and re-released as a rare card

Atleast, this will give those players with maxed out accounts to do something. Also, Elite Barbarians won't be so annoying from now on. The concept of refunding with gems was done already in-game when level 6 legendary cards were removed.

6. Dart goblin: 4% damage increase

This changes allows it to kill minions in 2 shots, making it a little more popular.

7. Guards: Hit-speed increased from 1.2 to 1.0 seconds, damage decreased by 4%

This is just being made to have consistent hit-speed among skeletons.

8. Cannon Cart: Acts as a moving building

This change will make it more useful in certain occasions and useless in certain others. Cannon Cart is meant to be a defense and not offensive. So, this change is good in that aspect.

9. Lightning: Damage decreased by 5%; Radius increased by 0.5 tiles

Lightning is meant to have a large radius and without that, it is meaningless. However, it's damage is nerfed which also affects crown tower damage.

10. Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon: Increased the duration of tier-2 damage by 1 second

This change means that when inferno tower is dealing medium damage, it needs an extra second to obtain the maximum damage. Inferno Dragon is nerfed only for "consistency" and compensatory buff (which is still not enough) is added in the next change. This will indirectly reduce Zap's and Lightning's usage rates.

11. Inferno Dragon: Tier-2 damage increased by 15%

This is a compensatory buff to Inferno Dragon because of the above-mentioned nerf.

12. Clone: Clones one level higher than the normal troop

This change is much needed to make clone viable in 1v1 without making it broken in 2v2 or touchdown. Also, the maximum level can go till 14 and cloning a mirrored troop or mirroring a clone can produce level 15 troops even.

13. Bomb Tower: Lifetime increased by 10 seconds

I remember Bomb Tower used to be a OP card back in the days because of it's enormous dart goblin range and enormous lifetime. So, they nerfed this card's lifetime by 20 seconds and reduced it's range which was totally an overkill. So, lifetime is increased a bit to make it viable.

14. Heal: Heals for 3 seconds

The reason why Heal used to be so broken is because of dominance of 3musketeers and that stupid bug which healed for 7 ticks. So, by this change, heal won't become as overpowered as it was before.

15. Three Musketeers: Deploy Time increased to 1.5 seconds

First troop to have a non-integer deploy time. Three-musketeers is quite okay in my books but obnoxiously hard to respond sometimes. This change will probably fix that.

Conclusion:
This balance change is bound to cause a dramatic impact on the meta. Variety will be induced in the game. Cards like Skeletons and Guards will be thought of as an option. Musketeer might make a return. Thank you for reading this. Feel free to drop a comment.
Balance Changes attempt
  1. Do you like these changes?18 votes
    1. Mostly yes
      72.22%
    2. Mostly no
      27.78%
I am not theoretically possible; Biggest introvert. I have no mercy if one does a mista- Wait. I am not alexheney. XD

Contact me: https://discord.gg/svgfmnA

Comments

• LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    edited November 2017
    (the first numbers) Seems like these numbers are not calculated you know 10% nerf is very big. And they will never rerelease a card. They made a mistake nothing they can fix.
    And no inferno nerf is needed when lightning is buffed since it can Keep the inferno in check.
    7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.
  • NightcrawlerNightcrawler Posts: 18Member
    Some of these buff like the ebarb and rg seem unlikely to happen 
  • If the Dart Goblin two-shotted Minions, than Musketeer rates will go down. And I think the RG would be re-released as a Rare, not Epic card.
    I'm a Supercell Forums refugee! My Forum username is BombtowerOP, so some people might recognize me there.
  • DaScavengerDaScavenger Posts: 28Member
    <p>Goblins - Reasonable I guess. Gives nerfs to 3 popular cards at the moment, which isn't a bad thing. Perhaps 10% is a little too much, but that can always be tweaked.</p><p>Hog Rider - Not enough. 5% Reduction in Health isn't going to make it that much easier to stop. It's a good start though, and will help a bit.</p><p>Ice Spirit - Nice change. Although I do use the Ice Spirit I have to admit that for just 1 Elixir it has pretty insane value.</p><p>RG - Pretty extreme change here. I do agree with the change to Epic, but I don't think it should be completely re-released as a new card, it just feels a bit strange for a card to be released twice. As for the changes, it'd be way too strong. 15% Increase in both Health and Damage is huge, even with the reduction in range and increase to Epic Status. </p><p>Elite Barbs - 10% Increase in Damage is pretty big. I feel like a smaller increase in damage would be better here. Once again, my thought remain the same on re-releasing the card, so read the RG post above for that.</p><p>Dart Goblin - Nice little buff. It's a little weak, and this buff would help it out as a defensive card.</p><p>Guards - Not bad, but a shield HP increase would be better I think.</p><p>Cannon Cart - Interesting change, but it's still weak so I would suggest an attack speed increase to go along with this.</p><p>Lightning - Not sure about this change. It could affect major interactions which I am not aware of.</p><p>Inferno Tower/Dragon - I guess these changes are fine.</p><p>Clone - This might be a bit strong, but I like it.</p><p>Bomb Tower - This seems good. Will help it to stand up to Inferno.</p><p>Heal - Agreed. It needs a buff as it is completely useless now.</p><p>Three Musketeers - Actually, the Miner used to have a 0.7s Deploy Time (it was an "accidental" buff), and currently X-Bow and Mortar have a 3.5s Deploy Time. So not the first non-integer Deploy Time, but I like this change. It'll be better for banking elixir when splitting them in the back, but won't be able to just immediately gun down a tower when placed in the center with lane control.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • A6503A6503 Posts: 7Member
    What does 50% gem refund mean? For example a maxed RG, how many gems would be returned?
  • HarryTTLHarryTTL Posts: 662Member
    Hey! I am attempting to produce my own and a possible ideal balance changes. This is just my version and if I added anything that doesn't suit your favor, then, don't worry because these are not actual changes.

Balance Changes:

Maybe, Log bait need a nerf.

Yes, please. Hog has been the king for too long.

That will kill it, reduce area is ok
    4. Royal Giant: 15% damage and health increase; range decreased by 0.5 tiles; removed from the game with a 50% gem refund; re-released as a epic card

no, epic need to be special, not just a card that just shoot, 5% health buff will do the job
    5. Elite Barbarians: 10% damage increase; removed with a 50% gem refund and re-released as a rare card

no, just 5% HP buff and 1.4sec hitspeed

I agree with you

and 20% HP of themself so when they lose their shield they are not that vunerable

no all it need is lightning-proof

but with radius lightning is too OP
    10. Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon: Increased the duration of tier-2 damage by 1 second

no, a nerf that is perfect for them is when they burnt through a shield they retarget

how about changing it to 2

it need to do as much damage as bomber

heal need nerf desperately

yes, 3 muskies in the base is stupidly OP

Answer in bold.
    This week:
    p
    All credits go to JCTTEH THE WISE
    My Theory Thread: https://communityroyale.com/discussion/3328/theory-magic-archer-bandit-rascals#latest
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member

Balance Changes:

Pretty reasonable. Goblins do high damage and almost always produce value. This nerf indirectly affects Goblin Gang (which was buffed for no reason because of spear goblins change) and Goblin Barrel (which is always a good win-condition ever since the cost change). Also, skeletons will be thought of as a secondary choice now.

That's a pretty significant nerf. I'd prefer an initial hitspeed nerf, so they don't deal damage the moment they reach a target. This would also nerf goblin barrel and goblin gang, most of all goblin barrel, since it gives the opponent more time to react.

I recently heard that Hog Rider's pig-push ability is removed. But still, it is a force to be reckoned with. So, by reducing it's health slightly which they should have done months ago, Hog Rider will finally be in that balanced-slightly up status which all cards except hog rider has been in.

Again, I disagree. Static statistics aren't the way to nerf a card like this - overleveling still exists. And auto pig push is still a thing. So my proposed set of balance changes to the hog comes in two parts: removing auto pig push by increasing his sight range, and a slower initial hitspeed. Too many times I have tried to pull a hog to my king tower with proper placement, only to have the hog get a hit from literally a tile away because of his initial hitspeed.

Ice Spirit used to be a good hog support. Hog Rider was nerfed but it wasn't that huge. So, this follow-up nerf will make sure that the hog rider won't be so overpowered as before. Also, Ice Spirit itself is such a strong 1-elixir card that makes skeletons seem bad. So, by this nerf, Ice spirit will no longer be able to reach the tower or tank a shot from musketeer on it's own.

I don't think that's the right nerf. Here's my nerf: change the effect from stun to slowing. The Ice Spirit's 'freeze' is really just a longer stun effect - a long area damage stun effect is much too powerful for one elixir. This nerf still gives the Ice Spirit purpose, but definitely makes it weaker.

I don't know what else to do with this card. Now, dart goblin is the best and the only assailant other than princess. Also, this is a buff. Think about it. The smarter players are not dumb enough to pre-plant a defense like inferno tower when playing against RG. Ranged Tank is always a weird, broken and crazy concept to me.

I think that the Royal Giant's concept is fine as it is - gonna have to disagree with CWA's latest f2p guest on the channel on that one. But decreasing the range is definitely the best way to nerf him. He would take longer to get to the tower and would no longer outrange certain defensive buildings.
    I do think, however, that he HAS to be changed to a rare. His brother the Giant is a rare card, and commons are too easily overleveled. The gem refund is the perfect solution.

Atleast, this will give those players with maxed out accounts to do something. Also, Elite Barbarians won't be so annoying from now on. The concept of refunding with gems was done already in-game when level 6 legendary cards were removed.

They just need removed. No way to balance these guys correctly. Trash at tourney levels, but they shred everything when overleveled.

This changes allows it to kill minions in 2 shots, making it a little more popular.

This is a nice one. Perfect change.

This is just being made to have consistent hit-speed among skeletons.

Ehhh. I guess. I think increased damage is really the way to go, though.

This change will make it more useful in certain occasions and useless in certain others. Cannon Cart is meant to be a defense and not offensive. So, this change is good in that aspect.

THIS IS PERFECT! Exactly the change the Cart needs. This turns it into valuable counterpush material.

Lightning is meant to have a large radius and without that, it is meaningless. However, it's damage is nerfed which also affects crown tower damage.

Pretty much. Lightning was always underused anyways.

This change means that when inferno tower is dealing medium damage, it needs an extra second to obtain the maximum damage. Inferno Dragon is nerfed only for "consistency" and compensatory buff (which is still not enough) is added in the next change. This will indirectly reduce Zap's and Lightning's usage rates.

Yup. Good one.

11. Inferno Dragon: Tier-2 damage increased by 15%

This is a compensatory buff to Inferno Dragon because of the above-mentioned nerf.

Maybe a health buff would be better. A little health goes a long way when the Idrag is locked onto the tower.

This change is much needed to make clone viable in 1v1 without making it broken in 2v2 or touchdown. Also, the maximum level can go till 14 and cloning a mirrored troop or mirroring a clone can produce level 15 troops even.

That would be interesting. It's hard to balance gimmick spells like Clone, so I don't know about this one.

I remember Bomb Tower used to be a OP card back in the days because of it's enormous dart goblin range and enormous lifetime. So, they nerfed this card's lifetime by 20 seconds and reduced it's range which was totally an overkill. So, lifetime is increased a bit to make it viable.

Personally, I think this one needs to be removed as well. Air cards destroy it and it honestly is too expensive for its cost.

The reason why Heal used to be so broken is because of dominance of 3musketeers and that stupid bug which healed for 7 ticks. So, by this change, heal won't become as overpowered as it was before.

I don't know. I prefer the idea of lowering the elixir cost to 2 and making it a powerful burst heal, so it still works the same way (albeit a little weaker) but doesn't completely destroy Poison.

First troop to have a non-integer deploy time. Three-musketeers is quite okay in my books but obnoxiously hard to respond sometimes. This change will probably fix that.

Three Musketeers in the pocket is expensive and can be predicted, even blocked, by placing troops in the pocket. I don't see this change being implemented.

Conclusion:
    This balance change is bound to cause a dramatic impact on the meta. Variety will be induced in the game. Cards like Skeletons and Guards will be thought of as an option. Musketeer might make a return. Thank you for reading this. Feel free to drop a comment.

Comment dropped. :)
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • HarishmadhavanHarishmadhavan Posts: 39Member
    I read the comments. Thanks for dropping your comments. Also, yeah.... I forgot that x-bow and mortar deploy time. HOWEVER, I, for no reason, wrote "first troop".

Also, I don't consider miner because it was just a bug. I really have gotten some mixed reviews except certain troops like guards. Think about it; Hit-speed change is a serious buff. Moreover, only a few interactions change due to that miner side-nerf. Also, you are not gonna make your guards purposely reach the tower as your main win-condition. So, the damage nerf is not gonna affect it a lot.

However, the hit-speed buff is gonna do that.

Also, I have no hope that they are gonna do my Ebarbs and RG change but it's fun experimenting. Sticking to the old stuff and staying "safe" is just boring. Also, they are the devs and can literally change the codes anytime, if they wish (takes a month because of client update stuff). However, my change on that part is not that terrible actually.

By 50% refund, I mean amount of cards needed converted to some amount of gems and the gold you spent is directly converted to gems half as much that in store. This change is fine in many aspects if you think about it. I know it's weird as all others said. But then again, the creation of this game and abandoning coc was also weird to us a year before.
    I am not theoretically possible; Biggest introvert. I have no mercy if one does a mista- Wait. I am not alexheney. XD

Contact me: https://discord.gg/svgfmnA