Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Another shot at the Dragon

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
edited September 16 in Ideas & Feature Requests
There have been a countless concepts for the Dragon that a lot of forumers have posted. Now I am going to submit mine

Stats
Cost: 10 Elixir
Area Damage: 468
Hitpoints: 2544
Speed: Medium
Attack Speed: 1.6 seconds
Range: 3.5 meters
Epic Card

What is special about this card
Pretty much nothing is special for this card. It is just a stronger and bulkier Baby Dragon that is also slower and more expensive. Even his design is not that impressive as he has much smaller wings than his CoC counterpart. Sizewisecompare him to a Lava Hound. It is meant to be used alone so a 10 Elixir cost is absolutely neccesary for the concept

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively he is meant to be an expensive win condition. With his AOE, swarms are ineffective. Even a Minion Horde is ineffective because of how bulky he is. So with low amount of counters, he can connect easily to the Princess Tower

In terms of spell interactions, nonr of them can kill him. Not even 2 Rockets can kill him. You will need 2 Rockets and one Lightning to kill him which is a terrible Elixir trade because you waste 18 Elixir to take care of 10.

Defensive Capabilities
Defensively he is not that good. He is too expensive to be used for defensive plays. But if you are so lucky to be able to use him defensively, then he is not that bad, considering that he is the bulkiest AOE unit of them all AND can hit Air Troops

How to counter this card
This card was meant to be hard to counter so that is why it was given the 10 Elixir cost so that he cannot be used in every single deck. But of course he is not invincible. Inferno Tower is extremely effective against him, giving a great Elixitlr trade. Even if they zap it, you can freely play another card to assist like a Musketeer or Executioner. However the afformentioned troops cannot counter him alone. Inferno Dragon while it seems to be a good option, it has lower range than the Dragon so only use him if you have something else to tank like an Ice Golem or even a Giant. Similarly the Three Musketeers will require a tank in front, but an Ice Spirit could be enough to stun him and the ladies will fire on him (no pun intented). And since the Dragon cannot OHKO them, they might survive for a counterattack or can be healed to be used for pushing.

That is all about the concept. Is he too overpowered even for a 10 Elixir cost?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 212Member
    edited September 17
    Personally, even at 10 elixir, I still think he is a bit too powerful.

In order for it to not be broken, I would think you would need at least 6 elixir to take this thing on (except Inferno cards). Admittedly, spending 10 elixir in one go is difficult and risky in itself, so it needs to be pretty powerful in itself as a kind of 'boss' card; the Exodia of the pack if you will (if you know about Yu-Gi-Oh).

To start with, an Inferno Tower or an Inferno Dragon cannot destroy the Dragon. It has potential to deal serious damage, as long as the Dragon user doesn't have Zap, but they will end up dying to the Dragon. If you had an Ice Spirit added, the Inferno Tower will destroy it, but the Inferno Dragon still won't manage it (184hp remaining). This by the way is without the tower's help.

In terms of Spells, you can get a cheaper combo than 2 Rockets + Lightning. For a health profile of 2700, you will need 2 rockets + a snowball, providing the second rocket is mirrored, which is pretty good balancing.

Where the problems start is when you don't use those particular units. Glass cannons won't last two seconds, or even two hits, including the Bandit and Night Witch. The Hog Rider won't even get a single hit on the tower. And as you already mentioned, swarms won't do a thing either. Even if a Giant was blocking the way, the tower on its own won't even bring it down to half of its health.
    Let alone normal units, let's compare this to Three Musketeers; which is likely to be its hard counter. It destroys them. Left alone, they will only get 3 hits each (1584hp+450 from towers). Spread across may be slightly better, but because of its speed it's hard to execute, and even then it will only barely work with their sacrifice.

Because of the ridiculously high DPS, which is understandable from a card like this, the hit speed is in a good place to allow units to have a chance to attack, while not making it useless. However I would like to see a slight damage reduction to 468 for some of the higher hit point cards to stand a better chance of survival. The Magic Archer can survive one hit and several tanks can survive one more hit. The Inferno Tower is unaffected because of building decay time.

Although the medium move speed (1.5 tiles/sec) is questionable; I'm willing to work around it, especially for the time in between hits.

Best cards to counter with in its current state:
    Rascals, Inferno Tower, Inferno Dragon, Three Musketeers. That's it.

With an Ice Golem:
    Same as above. This plus two other cards might be enough.

With a Giant:
    Any card that has 128DPS or higher (Archers).

Best Trade: +4, Average Trade: +1

Because of the sheer amount that it can tank in exchange for raw damage, I'm also going to request a hit point reduction to 2315.

The last issue this thing has is meta. Inferno weapons, Zap, Beatdown style tanks and the Three Musketeers will all be used just to take down or support this card alone leaving cycle decks to suffer, unless they know you have it in the first place. At the start of the match, you're essentially taking on a fast tank/splash glass cannon that can destroy anything in its path. Only a Mini PEKKA or Lumberjack alone can rival it if planted on the other lane, or if you put on a massive push to try and out damage it. Outside of the starting hand, if they are at an elixir disadvantage, they're screwed no matter what; they might as well leave the game.

Overall Consensus:
    - Hit Points Reduced by 16.6% (2315)
    - Damage Reduced by 5.7% (468)

- KN11F3D
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • CeltaxorCeltaxor Posts: 52Member
    I totally agree on the size, a great change i believe i spoke of on the last dragon attempt,
    but for one thing, it is too OP and it can't be ten elixir, it's too much.
    The health should be lowered by about 300, the damage too, and im guessing you decided on this as epic so it would be easy for you to get, but it has too be legendary, baby dragon was epic, even if this card is in a higher arena.
    Also some of my thoughts; the dragon has been the most recommended card on ideas, but does Clash Royale really need a baby dragon that does mare damage and has more health? my thoughts were it should have something special in it, for example: burn damage, like it constantly breathes fire against an opponent (low DPS though) instead of just launching firebals, and after the dragons gone, the opponent would burn for an extra 3-5 seconds.
    Anyway, its better than most of the other dragon ideas.
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    So I decided (with your suggestions too) to do a bit of balance to this card

Hitpoints: From 2700 to 2544
    Now he has same hitpoints as a Royal Giant

Damage: From 495 to 468
    Magic Archers survives one breath

Range: From 4 meters to 3.5 meters
    He will no longer outrange the Inferno Dragon
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    I just want to ask, what will happen when you mirror the dragon. how will the cost be 11 elixir
    edited September 17
    I just want to ask, what will happen when you mirror the dragon. how will the cost be 11 elixir

This happened when the Three Musketeers were 10 elixir; the mirrored version will also be 10 elixir
    Giorgakis
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    so I guess that at that point, people used 3m + mirror a lot because they didn't have to pay the extra elixir?
    so I guess that at that point, people used 3m + mirror a lot because they didn't have to pay the extra elixir?

Not really because it was far too expensive to execute with Fireball gaining a +6 trade. They probably would though if they were any stronger.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡