Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

Problems over time with SC/clash

killerkiller Posts: 912Member
I have been playing clash since a few months after it went global. I want to say that I’ve likely played clash more then any other game in my life (and I’ve been a game since the Atari 2600). Playing it so much I can say that its been one of my favorite games of all time. So I have a real love of the game. So understand this is coming from a real lover of the game. My comments reflect not what would make the most money for SC but what would make it a better game imo.

I realize this will tldr for many.

1) one of my qualms is often the speed with which things are fixed. In some cases its a matter of balance changes... I often feel the community notices things months before SC acts. Ebarbs were overbuffed and for what seemed like an eternity the game was a mess. I remember posting how at times I was battling ebarbs 60% of all battles. While we may as a community disagree about what needs to be changed, from my perspective I feel like its months from when certain metas are overused and annoying until SC acts (if at all). Now, I would argue that for months pekka has been overused and OP. I recognize this may vary in different cupranges but as a person playing two accounts in two different cupranges I feel it relevant to comment on my experience. The meta changes way to slow.

In my ranges ebarbs and hog have remained the top 2 win cons for 2 years. It really detracts from the game for my part that it never changes.

2) slow to act on certain features... how long did people have to wait for a permamute? I use it on and off and am glad it was implemented. Not sure why it took so long?

3) the p2w model. I would argue that there are other viable business models that don’t require people to have to purchase advantages. Imo the best matches are true skill based battles. The ladder is greatly flawed and often unsatisfying because off this model. I don’t like that the only way to have fair matches is through challenges. The ladder in theory would be elegant (skill + lvls is balanced) but it is too easily manipulated. People have freely admitted that they stay low because its easy. Anyone above or below 4k knows how common it is to battle people with an enormous advantage who have dropped hundreds of cups to have such an advantage. To me, it reduces the fun of the game.

Regarding business models, I will point to fortnite which is (unless something has changed) is the biggestgrossing game without players purchasing an advantage.

I will point out that this issue also effects collectiin day battles. I can’t play some events because in my past there would be matches where my lvl10 acct was battling lvl13 players. This wouldn’t happen if card levels were always equal.

4) regarding draft battles... there are too many unbalanced cardsmeaning certain cards are always given away and create arbitrary handicaps. If a card isn’t balanced for TS (I’m looking at you ebarbs and RG) then take it out. So many battles seem determined by who eas able to give the bad cards to the other. There are easily half a dozen cards people will never choose. Fix them or take them out.

5) in the realm of correcting mistakes... ebarbs and RG. I recall that at one point SC admitted they regretted making them commons. Rather then fix it they let it stand. Now the cards are a terror as they are easily levelled well above their opponents... but unbalanced for challenges where they are often a handicap as refernced earlier. Had they fixed this years ago when they knew it was a mistake the game would be better.

This is the gist if it. But just to quickly state what motivated this... I get frustrated a lot at the game. I often just quit battles because they seem they won’t be fun, be it because I just played 6 hog decks in a row or because my deck with 10s and 11s is facing someone who has half their deck maxxed. I want to maintain my love of the game but sometimes its just irritating. Just looking at my last 10 games... I played megaknight 4 times. And I think they just said they think its balanced. Yet i play against the card much more then would be merited if it was balanced. If you are in upper 3k, lower 4k its hog, pekka, MK, ebarbs soooo much more then you should see. And its tiresome.

Anyhow... if anyone made it here, thanks for reading. Happy to hear your comments.

vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• killerkiller Posts: 912Member
    I wanted to add... imo it would be better and more interesting to know how good people were based on skill. The top 100s (1000s of players?) are no doubt great but they’ve all spent 100s to 1000’s of dollars to have maxxed decks. No doubt there are untold number of players who are top players yet will never be properly placed as they can’t spend 1000’s to level up their deck. How wonderful woukd it be if the ladder was a true reflection of who is the best?

Too many battles are determined simply by who has higher card levels. I understand that may be fun for the people steamrolling others with their overleveled decks but I don’t think its fun for those at the other end. If the game made income from cosmetic changes (see fortnite... and emotes is a great example) and not from the really expensive leveling up how much better it would be.

I recall when 2v2 was first released it was t-standard. My god it was sooo much better. People experimented with all sorts of combos and it was great. It was changed to how it is now and imo is just not as good. Immediately people had to use their highest leveled cards and most experimentation went out the window. On top of that it went from a mode where all battles were equal to great mismatches where lvl12 players were battling people 2 lvls lower. I for one stopped playing 2v2 as it was often just unfair. And I didnt want to play the samee deck over and over.

All this is just ranting as I know it will never be changed.. but I submit the game could be so much more.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Sigh... just an example of a game I just quit. After I noticed he had 6 maxxed cards I just quit. This is a player who had reached 4836 cups this season. Most players I’ve been battling had 1 or 2 maxxed cards, this player just detracts from the game. I would love to have all battles be pure and based on skill. But when a guy drops nearly 300 cups to have a 3-6 card advantage over most opponents it is no longer a game of skill. A game where this isn’t possible is simply a better game.
    ysymotkftc92.png
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Surprised no comments one way or the other
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 543Member
    We got bored. BM and over level are everywhere and nothing will change it because that's the way SC likes it
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Piklashu wrote: »
    We got bored. BM and over level are everywhere and nothing will change it because that's the way SC likes it

My point was not to discuss what is likely to be changed but what I thought would make a better game.

How is BM an issue for you? You can mute and never see it. I use it when I’m nit in the mood for BMers
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    edited October 7
    killer wrote: »
    Piklashu wrote: »

My point was not to discuss what is likely to be changed but what I thought would make a better game.

How is BM an issue for you? You can mute and never see it. I use it when I’m nit in the mood for BMers

Bothers me because precisely for that.

"You don't want BM, mute" this statement assumes emotes are only for BMing. Otherwise it is a very unfair statement. I'll explain

If this is false, and emotes are used both for good sportsmanship and for BMing, then asking one to mute would deprieve them of the good part as well as the bad.

It is the same thing that, instead of issuing a fine to someone displaying public indecency, the authorities gave out blindfolds to whomever felt uncomfortable witnessing it.

Or to the school boy that get their lunch money stolen that he should not carry money and only take bland snacks to school.

You're telling the guy complaining that some people are rude that he should turn off all form of communication, instead of proposing methods to diminish the rudeness. Actually placing the burden upon the victim.

Another example of the same thing, cr related? "If you don't like leavers, then stop playing 2x2"
    MasterCalVengeance
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
    Well, I hear what you are saying but practically speaking SC can’t do anything to only allow expression each person likes. I guess either don’t mute and take the good with the bad or mute it all.

I have to admit for me I rarely even notice the bming anymore. And when I do, I think they’re usually crappy players and I can just laugh because it just accentuates their patheticness.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    I don't get too triggered by BM because I play silent, since I am always listening to podcasts...
    PI-CLASH-uuuu