Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Clone Balance Discussion

MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
Clone has been one of the weakest competitive cards since it's inception in late 2016 due to the prevalence of spells. Practically any spells besides lightning and rocket will provide great value against Clone (because likely there are other troops near the Clones).

On Ladder, it's even weaker because splash like Wizard, Valkyrie, and Witch are very popular. In 2v2 it can be used well due to the sheer amount of troops, but then again there's even more spells and splash units.

Here's my proposed buff to Clone (I thought of this as my Cloned units were insta-killed by an EWiz spawn zap right as I played it :crsmirk:). The Clones should have a second or two of invulnerability so they can't be instantly destroyed. That way, Clone can actually get value when played. It could possibly make it overpowered, so maybe increasing the cost to 4 elixir could fix it if it makes it OP
Clone's State of Balance
  1. What do you think Clone needs in terms of balance?6 votes
    1. Large buff
        0.00%
    2. Medium buff
      16.67%
    3. Small buff
      16.67%
    4. No change
      33.33%
    5. Small nerf
        0.00%
    6. Medium nerf
        0.00%
    7. Large nerf
      16.67%
    8. Rework
      16.67%
  2. What do you think of my Clone buff suggestion?6 votes
    1. I like it, it should work
      50.00%
    2. I like it, it will make it OP though
        0.00%
    3. I like it, but it will keep it trash
        0.00%
    4. I'm skeptical, but I don't know for sure why
      16.67%
    5. Dislike it, it will break the card
      33.33%
    6. Dislike it, it won't work
        0.00%
    7. Make it 4 elixir with maybe 3 second invulnerability and it will be balanced
        0.00%
    8. No opinion
        0.00%
pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,871Member
    I think clone is actually in a good spot in 2v2 competitive play, but imo clone (and every kind of gimmick spell) should cost 2 elixir, keeping in mind that 2 elixir damage spell offer more value because of their versatility, and expensive not wincon not versatile cards are bad cards.
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,256Member
    I think clone is actually in a good spot in 2v2 competitive play, but imo clone (and every kind of gimmick spell) should cost 2 elixir, keeping in mind that 2 elixir damage spell offer more value because of their versatility, and expensive not wincon not versatile cards are bad cards.

Three spell decks incoming. Anyway, i think Clone is actually an underrated card and is in good spot for card design (strategically). No changes needed for this card to shine, if anything, the game should discourage spell cycle abit.
    brainiacboy
    EarthThis signature is my city