Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

How to fix the Musketeer issue

There is a huge issue with the Musketeer and the Three Musketeers. The single one is pretty weak on her own. But the 3 of them together (or even when they are splitted) they are way too strong. Due to this the easiest way to nerf them is to weaken the single one which is something that we never want to happen. So I want to show a solution to that.

The first one is actually a buff to the single Musketeer. That is a 14% Damage buff. This will bring her damage from 176 to 200. What will happen with that is that she will be able to:

OHKO Minions and Ice Spirits
OHKO Shields (Guards, Royal Recruits, Dark Princes)
3HKO Musketeers, Wizards and Electro Wizards
6HKO Sparky

With the 3 Musketeers, they will be able to:

OHKO 3 Minions
OHKO a single Musketeer, Wizard or Electro Wizard
2HKO Sparky

As you saw, the Three Musketeers would be really overpowered with that buff. So they will get something else to compensate.

Cost increase to 10 Elixir

This makes them far riskier but also far more rewarding with the buff to the single one. It will allow for even higher Positive Elixir trades. A +1 Fireball will OHKO them for a +6 Elixir Trade. Lightning will always kill them for a +4 Elixir Trade. And other combos will be able to kill them for more value. However they will also suffer more damage due to the far stronger Musketeers. Specifically Sparky will never blast them no matter if she gets stunned or not. Minion Horde will hardly hit them if they will hit them at all. And troops with Shields will suffer a lot more damage from them.

I hope that this will make them more manageble. I also hope the single one finds her place in the Challenge meta.
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    I don't know about that, it seems unreasonable to me. the single musketeer is not weak. a buff is not needed for any of them.

note: isn't the buff from 176 to 201?
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,032Member
    While I agree 3m is too strong, I don’t agree that 1 is. Its funny that when gob gang was released it was considered too strong, yet when 3m gave the same savings it was not.

3m has consistently maintained one of the highest winrates but SC ignores because they can’t nerf without nerfing single musketeer which is fine.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    I think both cards are pretty balanced, making Musket one shot minions would make it overpowered in my opinion. Three Musketeers are only problematic with bait cards such as Battle Ram, Goblin Gang, Minion Horde, Flying Machine, Elixir Collector, etc.

tl;dr 3M are problematic because bait is a broken style of gameplay
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 130Member
    I think that delaying 3Ms deploy time, a la minion horde with a .1 second delay in deploy time between each minion, is probably the best solution, such as a .15 deploy time between each Musky. This makes them easier to react to in the pocket and when they are played defensively in the center field.

Honestly, all swarms of 3 or more should have some delay drop implemented in them. As it is, swarms, in particular small unit swarms, offer way too much value for their cost- this is especially true of the 2 or 3 elixer swarms.

I would say RR can be an exception, since they are spread out over the width of the field.
    MasterCal
    KT lvl 13
    PB 5516
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 13, B Dragon 12, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,032Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    I think both cards are pretty balanced, making Musket one shot minions would make it overpowered in my opinion. Three Musketeers are only problematic with bait cards such as Battle Ram, Goblin Gang, Minion Horde, Flying Machine, Elixir Collector, etc.

tl;dr 3M are problematic because bait is a broken style of gameplay

If 1 M is balanced at 4 elixir surely 3 for 9 is not.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 213Member
    The deploy time idea is decent, despite that I would out is at 0.25 seconds per Musketeer, but alternatively you could make the initial attack 0.1 seconds slower for every unit retargeted.
    They can still focus fire on tanks and mini tanks, but they'll be less effective on swarms by 42DPS (Skeletons) or 21DPS (Goblins, Minions), and it can buy timewhile defending against them.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    maybe make it 2 musketeers and add a mini musketeer?