Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Electro Dragon thread

Seems one of these threads is due.

I have to wonder if this card will be nerfed anytime in the near future. While brand new, it has the 3rd highest use rate (36%) in grand challenges. I see it in a lot if youtube videos. On the other hand, its use on ladder is only 1.1%... only the big spenders have it high enough to incorporate into their decks. Still a lot of money to be made by SC by anyone hoping to use the card in the near future.

I have it at lvk7 on my alt account (where all my other cards are 10s and 11s). I’ve been fooling around with it on my alt acct ladder deck and it is effective even though it is 3-4 lvls lower then most of my other cards. I can only imagine who powerful it would be if it was leveled like my others. I would argue it might be OP if I can use it while battling people with card lvls above mine (and therefore WELL above the dragon)

I definitely think it might need a nerf down the road, but would guess they need to milk it for income for awhile before they touch it.
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    Generally they don't want to touch cards the balance patch right after their release unless they are severely unbalanced either way.

I feel like EDrag is strong because it's counters are not really popular in challenges (musketeer, archers, especially lightning). I don't understand why this card is OP. It's base stats look underpowered to me. I mean, a troop in which a lumberjack can hit 3 times as fast, can't kill minions in one hit, has a pretty short range, dies to lightning, and doesn't do full damage on one target is theoretically weak.

I'd say let the meta settle. Plus, once people start figuring out the King Tower activations with this card it'll be easier to deal with (just put like a Knight on the inside of your princess tower)
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,032Member
    Its ability to zap multiple targets is just a really strong mechanic. And its ability to target units hiding behind tanks is also very useful. Usually it can tricky to stop an inferno dragon hiding behind spother troops but not a problem with edragon. Again, I’m using it 4 lvls low... I just wish I coukd level it up faster but it will take many months. I’m betting it gets nerfed once I get it leveled up.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,871Member
    I think Edrag is simply like Ewiz when released, its attack speed makes Edrag too valuable. I think it should receive an attack speed nerf, but nothing more.
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 130Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Generally they don't want to touch cards the balance patch right after their release unless they are severely unbalanced either way.

I feel like EDrag is strong because it's counters are not really popular in challenges (musketeer, archers, especially lightning). I don't understand why this card is OP. It's base stats look underpowered to me. I mean, a troop in which a lumberjack can hit 3 times as fast, can't kill minions in one hit, has a pretty short range, dies to lightning, and doesn't do full damage on one target is theoretically weak.

I'd say let the meta settle. Plus, once people start figuring out the King Tower activations with this card it'll be easier to deal with (just put like a Knight on the inside of your princess tower)

When you see an Edrag hitting your tower from across the bridge, you will understand why people consider it OP.

It is pretty useless on its own, but when it is behind a heavy tank that has the focus of all other troops, it destroys a defensive counter rather easily.

Equally as bad is its ability to destroy a push, particularly ground pushes because of its attacks ability, despite its very slow attack. I initially thought its attack mechanic worked like EWiz's attack mechanic, but the jumping ability far outclasses it, simply because of its potential reach...I'd go so far as to say that its attack mechanic is deserving of making the card itself a legendary.

The most frustrating aspect is that it makes card placement extremely difficult, since any units within 3.5 tiles from the targeted unit and from each other all become potential targets. It is quite difficult to back up your win con if you are forced to place your support unit more then 3.5 tiles away.

KT lvl 13
    PB 5516
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 13, B Dragon 12, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 213Member
    I would personally be happy if they did nerf this card, but because it is pretty weak on its own, it will likely be buffed afterwards.

What I predict will happen is that they decrease the lock on range down to 3 tiles (3x3=9). The reason it won't go down to 2.5 or below is because otherwise the Electro Wizard will dominate with his range of 5, and while it doesn't arc, it does split, so I would consider his total range as 10 where he is the middle point.

After this though, despite dealing Zap damage on every hit, they are likely to buff the hit points closer to where the other dragons are. Still below, but enough to be substantial, and I won't be sure how it will affect Lightning either. 945 might be a good number to start with.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    I have something different. That is a massive buff to his Hitpoints, literally doubling it (100%) while also conpletely removing its stun effect.

This is so that it is not used for stunning nor for a Lightning bait but instead being used for its chain. It would do at least reliable damage without being too easy to counter but without providing too much value. Not only that but Sparky will not be stunned anymore by him (he still cannot be targetted by her since he is an Air troop)
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    I think the card is strong because it lacks a hard counter behind a tank besides the Mega Minion. That's just because thete aren't many air troops in the game, and the issue is described below.

Units that have the DPS don't have the HP to withstand EDrag/support units (Minions) while units that have the HP lack the dps to effectively take it on.

Seth said he'd be open to making another spell-resistant air unit that did some DPS. Therefore, I would not nerf EDrag, rather, I'd introduce a counter card to deal with it.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • No_C_StickNo_C_Stick Posts: 130Member
    The fact that it can fit in well in 3M, PEKKA control, bridge spam, lavaloon, golem beatdown, giant beatdown decks is very telling that it is broken, and I mean on the level of NW broken when she was first released.

I have done 3 CWA 10k gem tourneys (1k players) over the last 3 weeks and everyone of those decks is easily found in the top 25 with golem beatdown, by virtue of golem's health, and pekka control, out of necessity due to golem, being the most common.

You have no choice but to carry lightning to wipe it out if you are serious about ranking top 10. Poor IT is stuck on the bench because of Edrag and lightning being a necessity =)

I will admit that there is one positive in all this, Edrag has made 4.0+ decks viable, maybe too viable as cycle decks, less than 3.5E don't fare well in these tourneys.

As a side note, I have placed 8th, 62nd (tilted in the final 10 minutes :s) and 10th
    in those tourneys.

KT lvl 13
    PB 5516
    Main deck: PEKKA Beatdown
    PEKKA 12, Poison 13, B Dragon 12, Zap 13, Fire Spirits 13, Bandit 12, LJ 12, Ice Wiz 12

~There is only one PEKKA deck that is worthy, and that is mine~