Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[OFFICIAL] December Update News, Patch Notes, and More!

MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
edited December 5 in General Discussion
Supercell just put out two TV Royale episodes on their channel that give a brief overview of some features coming in the update.

First episode

Second episode

Features Coming

Star Levels

Unlockable at King Tower 13. There are up to 3 levels per card, and they are earned from any upgrades or donations you do. They do not have any statistical differences, it's just cosmetics, like deploy effects or different appearances.

Name Change

You can purchase additional name changes with gems, just like in CoC.

Emotes

Emotes can be purchased from the Shop with gems.

Trading

Both players now require a trade token to complete a trade. To offset this, drop rates have been more than doubled.

Misc QoL Changes

Speed up your request timers
Send friend request to 2v2 partner
Improved clan search (wars, donations, friends in clan)
Gems in War Bounty

New LTM: Heist

To commemorate the global launch of Brawl Stars. Destroy the other player's vault. No towers. Draft style. 1v1. 2 Brawl Stars characters (Shelly and Bo) exclusively added. One player drafts the BS characters. Will be available on Dec. 13

New Chest

Mega Lightning Chest. This chest replaces the Super Magical Chest. It will have the same number of cards as the SMC but will have 8 strikes.

Private TOURNAMENT REVAMP?!

New customizations for private tournaments. You can set size, duration, game mode, and level caps as per your discretion (though some modes are capped at tournament standard, like draft or mirror)

NEW GLOBAL TOURNAMENTS

Supercell-hosted tournaments that anyone in the game (provided they meet the minimum crown level) can participate in. Like Challenges, it's 3 strikes, you're out. Variety of game modes and tower caps. Free rewards and bonus rewards that cost 100 gems (though they are worth more than Grand Challenge rewards if you get enough wins, plus, gems are part of free rewards). Kind of like PUBG Mobile's Battle Pass, which has a free and elite reward tier

"Continue" Special Event Challenges

Re-enter where you left off! You will have the same amount of wins, but losses are reset. It's normal re-entry cost. Not available in competitive challenges (Classic, Grand, CRL 20-win)

How big is this update?
TheRumHam wrote:
Huge

Full Release Notes
Giorgakis
pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,816Member
    I have stated that the Balance Changes are absolutely awful

However the update is simply perfect. Even though I have quitted the game and the balance changes would keep me further away, the update seems to bring me back.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 456Member
    this update looks really boring. Name changes, emotes with gems and star levels are all just cosmetics.

Better chests. Ok but how much better? Speed up your request timers. Fine i guess, but i cant request anyway, besides on sundays. How about give as an option to request one epic per day?

Trade change is not good, imo, but maybe it will turn out ok. Lets hope that tourney revamp is good, because so far i am not excited at all.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    @Puzo the "better chests" according to CWA is a removal of the super magical chest. It will be replaced by a "Mega Lightning Chest" which has the same amount of cards as a SMC does but has 8 strikes, so you can potentially get better cards.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

MasterCal wrote: »
    @Puzo the "better chests" according to CWA is a removal of the super magical chest. It will be replaced by a "Mega Lightning Chest" which has the same amount of cards as a SMC does but has 8 strikes, so you can potentially get better cards.

@MasterCal wow! That is a huge improvement to SMC, but overall its not a big deal. You get like 2-3 SMC in a year.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,256Member
    Puzo wrote: »
    That is a huge improvement to SMC, but overall its not a big deal. You get like 2-3 SMC in a year.

Not if you spend money. So far the update seems it focused towards the game's ingame purchase or offers, which is a good direction imo since the game is lacking value for the deals. But of course, it is not enough to be just that.

I am looking forward for more QoL and Progression change and the Tournament Revamp. The trade change is good and reasonable.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 292Member
    this great, as an f2p player, I now can finally get some emotes!!!
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 607Member
    I feel like December is about giving people pretty things that we don’t really need and don’t expect. Just like all the Christmas gifts.

I like all the changes but I just want more gold.
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 239Member
    It really seems that they had no good ideas. It's only cosmetic. And the trade tokens are no QoL but a nuisance, maybe the progress was too fast and they are afraid to lose a lot of money.
    The chest is also only a small advantage, the same cards and only some extra chances to change. In Lightning chest I nearly never get an improvement of the card selection. An additional large chest would have been great!!!
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    That is a huge improvement to SMC, but overall its not a big deal. You get like 2-3 SMC in a year.

Not if you spend money. So far the update seems it focused towards the game's ingame purchase or offers, which is a good direction imo since the game is lacking value for the deals. But of course, it is not enough to be just that.

I am looking forward for more QoL and Progression change and the Tournament Revamp. The trade change is good and reasonable.

If the SMC or in this case the new Mega Lightning chest is available from the shop it is so good for the big spenders.

I hope you are right with the trade change and turns out to be okay, because I feel its a wrong thing to do.
    With the trade tokens, is the implication that we have to use all our current trade tokens right now before the update????
    With the update the token value is only half compared to now????
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 607Member
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    With the trade tokens, is the implication that we have to use all our current trade tokens right now before the update????
    With the update the token value is only half compared to now????
    Yes and no.

The half of the token value that is lost belongs to the counter party who trades with you.

If you do not use the token now, you do not lose anything as an individual. The counter party loses a free trade.

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,256Member

If the SMC or in this case the new Mega Lightning chest is available from the shop it is so good for the big spenders.

I hope you are right with the trade change and turns out to be okay, because I feel its a wrong thing to do.

Not really talking about them being available in the shop though. Tbh, i haven't thought of that. I was talking about speeding up chests, limited time offers and stuff.

About the tokens, i do think they are an ok change. But not the best one for sure. They could just make specific trades as an option to prevent token sniping. But i guess they are trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, by decreasing the value of tokens as well.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    Added the Sneak Peek 2 announcements. I'll provide full thoughts on the update later, but as a whole, it's pretty solid.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

• CRplayer3574CRplayer3574 Posts: 42Member
    About the tokens, i do think they are an ok change. But not the best one for sure. They could just make specific trades as an option to prevent token sniping. But i guess they are trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, by decreasing the value of tokens as well.

I don't think SC cares much about token sniping. While the community latches on to this as a "great change to help combat a problem" the real problem to SC is double trades. They probably didn't think that players would double the intended value of the token by requesting double trades. It is literally the only thing I see in my clan at the epic and legendary level for tokens.
    they have a tournament rework with a new win system. That sounds interesting but now I need a meta deck to compete there. Do you have a suggestion where to search a good meta deck? at royaleapi??? I am a bit out of tournaments at the moment. My x-bow isn't valid for much more than 6 wins. There are so many things to do in Clash Royale now that I didn't find enough time to practise tournaments!
    Finally there is a continue option this makes 12 wins useless. You cannot be proud or feeling that you are a good player. But I have to admit I only got 12 wins in 3 challenges. I will have to use continue very often!!!!!
    Maybe the tournament rework is more like the league system, now the best players fight in tournaments. So to improve your gameplay that's the way to go. But out of the video I cannot really imagine how to play the new tournaments or the new rules.