Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

[ONE AND ONLY] Trade Token Change Discussion

jaisonmorganjaisonmorgan Posts: 2Member
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
A lot of people are unhappy about the new trading system, so I have an idea.

Since the problem is that too many people don’t have tokens for the rarities of the trades that they need, remove trade token rarities altogether. While this doesn’t remove the issue of two tokens required, it’ll at least make the issue less of a problem. This will not break the economy as:

SC intentionally dropped legendary tokens the most so there will not be many issues in terms of legendaries traded.

I don’t think SC cares too much about how much the other rarities are traded.

Let me know what you guys think!
GiorgakisFusionBolt

Comments

• PuzoPuzo Posts: 464Member
    This is how it should have been from day one. Different people need different rarities.
  • LordDravenLordDraven Posts: 275Member
    If you standardize the tokens, then there's going to be a number requirement associated with each Rarity. I.e. common will take one, rare 2, epic 3 and legendary 4. Of course that's not what people would want, but that's probably what would happen
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 626Member
    It is a lot harder to complete a trade now. I could easily help another clanmate to complete a trade before even if he was giving away rage/heal, it is very different now, especially when I have max the common/rare/epic in my deck already, there is no incentive for me to waste a token to help others.
  • ZosimusZosimus Posts: 1Member
    Stupid Change 1: Getting rid of clan chest in favor of clan wars.

Reason(s): Clan chest had actual benefits, and you could play for hours if you wanted. It made the game fun and gave you something to do on the weekend.

Stupid Change 2: Adding trade tokens.

Reason(s): Supercell must have realized that switching to clan wars was pointless and that people didn't like it. So rather than fessing up that they had made a bad decision, they added trade tokens. Except for legendary trade tokens, the whole thing was pointless. You can just as easily donate and request donations to get the cards you want because, after all, it's rarely about the cards. You just don't have the money to upgrade. Anyway, you still didn't have to participate in clan wars more than once a season because others would get trade tokens and trade with you.

Stupid Change 3: Requiring matching trade tokens.

Reason(s): Supercell is still trying to force people who don't like clan wars to participate. Yes, there are people who like clan wars — they're called Clash of Clans players. But rather than bring back clan chests, Supercell is now trying even harder to force people to participate in clan wars. Their latest solution: Matching trade tokens. Yet, who cares?? As I've already pointed out, except for legendary trade tokens, you don't need tokens. You're better off donating. Even legendary tokens aren't that great. Too often you need 10+ cards to gain a legendary level, and you generally don't have the cards the other person wants to trade. Supercell: Stop the madness. Bring back clan chests.

Stupid Change 4: Nerf to Elixir Collector

Reason(s): Yes, the elixir collector is controversial especially for people who can't counter it. Yet, counters abound: Graveyard, Rocket, Fireball, Lightning, Elixir Collector, and pretty much any troop-producing building. Now that Elixir Collector can't be in your starting deck, I've switched to Goblin Hut with the same results. Why can you start with Furnace or Barbarian Hut in your deck, but you can't start with Elixir Collector? Pure stupidity.
  • softfiresoftfire Posts: 4Member
    edited December 2018
    In my clan I got 200 trade coin request. This is annoying. I actually got people quit the game because of the trade request. No one is settling for another card. And people don't like that reminder "hey someone up in the chat wants to trade" that number sign got 2 people quit my clan already. Holy smokes!

This game is going down!!
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Give the trade token economy a couple days or weeks to settle and then the issues should be mitigated.

Also, have your Clanmates try to negotiate trades if they want a different card.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • jegadeswarjegadeswar Posts: 1Member
    Guys I feel the new trade token systems should have the alternative cards the person wants to trade for example if I want hog rider and I am ready to give dart goblins and barb hut it should be possible
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    That's where negotiation comes into play, if someone wants Dart goblins rather than barb huts, then someone in the clan should say so.

Moved to General
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,720Moderator
    I think that the biggest part of the problem is not the lack of trading but how bad trades clog up the chat which can lead to major problems when chatting. Making trades in a separate tab should at least be the first step for SuperCell, and then they can go ahead and figure out how to approach the trade token problem.
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 626Member
    Right now, the trades worth no value to me, there is never a trade that I am willing to do, I would take the 250/500/1000/2000 gold of the token any time.

If trading earns me the same amount of gold as if I keep the token, I would be happy to help others to complete a trade even if I do not need the cards.

There are many max/near max players in my clan like myself, they have a lot of card collection reserve to trade but zero incentive for them to help those level 10-12. Proper gold rewards would solve the problem fairly easily.