Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Healthy goblin giant buff idea

Currently, any sort of stun to goblin giant will also stun the spear goblins at the back, this doesn't really make sense as the big goblin should be protecting the goblins at the back, like how a fireball or wizard blast doesn't kill the spear goblins. They should be immune to stun whilst being carried around.
Tagged:

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    Moving to Card Balance Discussion
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    Lowa wrote: »
    Currently, any sort of stun to goblin giant will also stun the spear goblins at the back, this doesn't really make sense as the big goblin should be protecting the goblins at the back, like how a fireball or wizard blast doesn't kill the spear goblins. They should be immune to stun whilst being carried around.

Don't think this will make much difference since they deal so little damage anyway. It does make sense to stun the whole card to compensate the fact that they are immune to zap damage as the same entity.
    The best buff that I can think of to do is adding a 3rd Spear Goblin, which means that it can one shot Minions and deal with the Skarmy more efficiently (about level with the Electro Dragon). The Giant Goblin itself does a decent job of getting there, but it is lacking power in comparison to the Giant, and it isn't from his main damage at all.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,896Member
    KN11F3D wrote: »
    Lowa wrote: »

Don't think this will make much difference since they deal so little damage anyway. It does make sense to stun the whole card to compensate the fact that they are immune to zap damage as the same entity.

Don't think the change is not noticeable. As a common GGiant user, multiple times, specially against PEKKA ewiz, the stun really made a difference since spear gobs instead of target the tower or a glass cannon they target the big tank, and trust me the damage is not ignorable. Anyway, I don't think the buff would be enough to encourage GGiant use, but a 3rd spear gob doesn't convince me as well, I think the 2 ones already make a good job. Maybe just quite more HP is needed, but if you asked me, I'll leave it untouched by now. Remember that card stats are not all, specially when GGiant counter (PEKKA) is popular.
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    I’m with jcctthewise. I think ggiant is a fun card. The issue is the pekka is OP and has been problematic for months.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • KN11F3DKN11F3D Posts: 215Member
    Don't think the change is not noticeable. As a common GGiant user, multiple times, specially against PEKKA ewiz, the stun really made a difference since spear gobs instead of target the tower or a glass cannon they target the big tank, and trust me the damage is not ignorable. Anyway, I don't think the buff would be enough to encourage GGiant use, but a 3rd spear gob doesn't convince me as well, I think the 2 ones already make a good job. Maybe just quite more HP is needed, but if you asked me, I'll leave it untouched by now. Remember that card stats are not all, specially when GGiant counter (PEKKA) is popular.

You make a great point on retargeting to tanks, especially with PEKKA domination in the meta, and I guess this applies to the Electro Dragon as well. In that situation then, I would try and nerf PEKKA a little bit or at least the cards used with it.

Then maybe for the GG itself, we could have the Spear Goblins be stunned, but not switching targets, and 3 Spear Goblins together. Besides, even if this doesn't work, we still have the health option as a backup.
    Sparky Enthusiast⚡
    -=Forum All-Stars Co-Leader|Legendary Arena: 3911 Trophies|First Members|Balance Advisor=-