Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
WARNING! The Rage category can contain profanity. It is not suggested for children under the age of 13.

Is this the only game where one may hate crappy players vs good ones?

killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
I was just thinking about this... I’ve been hovering mostly between 4600-4700 with my 12.5/12/11.6/11 deck and I rarely come across decent players with similar card levels. Most opponents here have a few 13s at least and 12s. And quite a few mostly or completely maxxed. As I climb and face crappier players my disdain for the players grows because you rarely come across better players, their card levels just get higher. The ladder system imo twists the usual paradigm so its backwards... normally you might resent better players who will beat you more. But on ladder since (at least in the low to high 4k range) that doesn’t happen.,, you just come across bad players with a lot higher leveled cards. So imo the system makes it so (at least for me) you resent the bad players not the good ones. On a game without this kind of system one would expect to face better players throughout the experience until you get to a point where your skill is matched. I’m sure that happens (after playing for years or spending buckets of money) when finally all card levels are matched but before then it isn’t the case.

I can’t think of another game that I play that evokes this for me.
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 626Member
    You probably should take a break from ladder, it is just a game.
    I curse those stupid people and move on.
  • tboztboz Posts: 24Member
    I don’t discriminate. I hate all people equally ;)
    This game involves playing with othe humans, so we sadly invite dickheads into our world. Some suck at the game no matter how much they pay, others are boring and others are just totally fuckwits that deserve no oxygen. Or maybe a combo off all. I think the majority of people would be sucky at this game. There’s definitely some awesome players, but I’d say their in the minority. The better you get the worse the game is to play.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    tboz wrote: »
    .....There’s definitely some awesome players, but I’d say their in the minority. The better you get the worse the game is to play.

This. I broke 4900 with 4 maxxed cards, 3 12s and an 11. But to get there you face so many players with 7-8 maxxed cards. As I stated above, it doesn’t feel like the players are getting better, they’ve just higher cards, spent more resources. But that summarizes why the game games annoying as you get better... because your progress isn’t stalled because your battling better players... its just legions of p2w. When you keep losing because the other guy has maxxed deck where you’re almost half way there its just not as fun.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise