Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Lots of bad attackers at 4000-4200 trophies

I am getting annoyed at how many bad attackers there are at the 4000-4200 trophy level. Here me out. I am sitting between 4000-4200 trophies at any given time. My troops consist of level 10 and level 11 cards (just got my 1st level 12 card), and I get attacked constantly by players with level 12 and level 13 cards. I win some attacks occasionally, but usually get overwhelmed by the strength of their cards. So the only conclusion to come to is that they are bad attackers. I know once I have level 12 and level 13 cards, I will be sitting around 5500 trophies pushing towards 6000. Some will say that they get dropped low when the season resets. No, they only get dropped by half when the season resets, so a player a say 5200 trophies, would drop to 4600 at the start of the new season, so I should never see these players at 4200 trophies. It is quite annoying.

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,172Moderator
    Moved to General Discussion.

I'm also annoyed by my opponents that have higher level cards, but that's how Ladder works. Skill and Strength together. I hope SC tries to look at ladder and if they can get it in a better spot, as that's probably the biggest issue.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 90/90 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

BS Stats: 9 Brawlers. IGN: ΜαΣτεπςαλ

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • natemymatenatemymate Posts: 11Member
    I think what happens is they go for easy crowns for part of the month then in last week do a push.
  • micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 626Member
    I know once I have level 12 and level 13 cards, I will be sitting around 5500 trophies pushing towards 6000.
    How do you know this?

• killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    edited December 2018
    The OP is right, of course. But he may not realize that the area he is in (which I call the toilet) is like purgatory for bad players. Season reset is still largely at fault as it is the bottom of where people get pushed. And there is just a huge buildup of really bad players who have had years to build upntheir levels without building skills.

Edit- woukd like to add... he should know it doesn’t get better from here on out. You will battle other players with low card levels here and there, but for the rest of the game, due to the game design and season reset, you will always be battling legions of bad players with high card levels and droppers and decent players with high card levels who haven’t played ladder who are 100s of cups lower then they can be.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • ShaggsShaggs Posts: 469Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't think people understand the math/design of ladder? The game that you like ends at 4k.... You expect the game before 4k to be carried over, but it doesn't.... I think that's were the frustration is... You got to play Tee-Ball for months then suddenly your playing pro-baseball and you want to blame other people for your faults.

I get frustrated with people who want everything to be "Fair" according to their view of things.... We older folk associate this with the younger generation being raised differently.... Life isn't fair... instead of asking for a handicap, rise to the occasion..... no one owes you anything, roll up your sleeves and learn to play better.... or don't and accept that you aren't as good as others.....
    Shaggs- I would assume if people were new to the game and had just reached 4k there is no reason they would know the game is going to change. If they’ve never experienced season reset they have no reason to know that card lvls shoot up dramatically here.

But your attitude towards them is always puzzling. You say they want to blame others for their faults... when the issue is the opponent has their deck sometimes 3 lvls higher then their own. Its not a fault that they can’t beat someone in an unfair fight. Make no mistake, the people who suck are the players whose entire deck is lvls above the decks of their opponents. The guy frustrated that he’s suddenly battling people whose cards should take have them several hundred cards higher is not at fault.

You also say “instead of asking for a handicap”.... when its all his opponents that already have an enormous handicap. The guy you are criticizing as not being as good as others is already better then the people he’s battling which is obvious to anyone simply by looking at card levels.

I’m not sure that Shaggs understands the design of the ladder. Skill+card levels is supposed to determine your place on the ladder. So if your card levels are higher then another on the same ladder position the guy with the higher cards has less skill. Of course this can be ‘gamed’ really easy just by intentionally dropping but then that person is just giving themselves an unfair advantage. Hardly a sign of a good sport.

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    The game is designed to slow down or even stop your progress above 4k.... Those above 4k aren't bad, they are just a product of the system.... anything above 4k is free game, this is where the real competition starts..... if you want to be equal with people who have been above 4k for a year, pay money.... That is the design of the game, no free rides.... your "skill" isn't any better than the other people here, you just don't have the time....

You assume people are "bad" and "drop" on purpose... another design of the game is the season reset to take away your progress.... people who have been dealing with the season reset for over a year don't want to keep grinding every month just to be knocked back down again.... some people have better things to do.... that doesn't make them "bad".

Those that blame people without a thought as to why they are where they are is a character trait. (play the victim) Open your mind to other possibilities.... that's how we get better at things.... if we think there is a no win situation, you have already lost, so why play?

Overleveled isn't a real thing.... it is an excuse to blame your lose on. Ladder isn't suppose to be fair... it is a ladder based on Time/Money + Skill = where you are...
    Lol. But shaggs what you fail to understand is good players with time and money go up the ladder. There are an army of players with time and money but no skill who are all hovering above 4k with really high level decks. You are the one in every thread defending terrible players with “significant card level advantages” and pretending that the players at a severe disadvantage are the ones at fault.

We get it, your one of the people who bragged about staying in place with a significant card level advantage so that you can roll over players like the OP. But I’m doubting a lot of people think much of that.

Only a person who has bragged about his significant card level advantage would think the people losing to him are at fault for losing. No one respects the overleveled players. And yes, overleveling exists. Its a term everyone but you understands as a description where one player has cards significantly leveled ‘over’ those of the average opponent at any particular cuprange. Pretending that you don’t get this only makes you look obstinate.

Now... you are correct that the game design leads to this. And yes there are players who are reset and one might play them before they’ve climbed again. But there are also droppers... one only has to look at their season highest to know that, for example, the guy at 4100 cups with a 13/12/12/12 deck who has already been at 4400 cups this season dropped.

And last, you ate right that there is a huge P2w component of the game (as you said time+money help determine ladder lvl). A lot of p2w players suck so they also don’t move. Their nearly maxxed decks are enough that they can beat players with 2-3 card levels lower and other bad p2w players like themselves. All this contributes to the 4k experience.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    edited December 2018
    who says good players have to climb the ladder? I don't see that mechanic in the game?.... I see the mechanic in the game that drops good players back down every month..... The same mechanic that creates card inflation above 4k..... I can't see a single way to tell a good player from a bad one until they beat me... even then it could be some other factors involved like deck match up and play style...

Surely I can't be the only person that understands basic inflation principles?? Someone playing for 6 months will never be equal to someone who has 1 year in... unless you spend money.... you will never be able to climb higher than these players.... these people will never climb higher than a person with 2 years in the game..... The exception is when you fully max out....

The games top end trophy range doesn't change, so everyone below increases in strength without moving..... I don't agree with it, but I know it is the source of your frustration, not some made up theory (Droppers,bad players, ect.).... Facts... are hard to dispute but it doesn't stop people from trying.
    Don’t worry shaggs, the rest of us can tell who the bad players are.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    killer wrote: »

I think that is probably based on your personal definition of "Bad Player"..... anyone that beats you? I hope no one on this forum has had to face you.... don't want them to get labeled unjustly.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 464Member
    micsfyuen wrote: »
    I know once I have level 12 and level 13 cards, I will be sitting around 5500 trophies pushing towards 6000.
    How do you know this?

This is something I’d also like to know. Around 5.5k is inside top 5k at the moment. I can tell you that its not an easy task to get there. I hope op is skillful enough to get there, but its not doable only because of card levels.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,320Member
    Puzo wrote: »
    This is something I’d also like to know. Around 5.5k is inside top 5k at the moment. I can tell you that its not an easy task to get there. I hope op is skillful enough to get there, but its not doable only because of card levels.

This.

To OP, it's okay that you're hanging there for a while. It's not like it stopped your game progression entirely, you'll still be able to get gold and chests. Also, don't forget to "take a breath" after losing some matches.
    EarthThis signature is my city
    Shaggs wrote: »
    killer wrote: »

I think that is probably based on your personal definition of "Bad Player"..... anyone that beats you? I hope no one on this forum has had to face you.... don't want them to get labeled unjustly.

I think you’re part of a small minority of people who can’t identify bad players. But you seem to love defending them. Your like the champion of bad P2w players everywhere. Everyone needs a champion I suppose.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks: