Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Even More Balance Suggestions

TotillityTotillity Posts: 184Member
edited December 2018 in Card Balance Discussion
Hi!

https://royaleapi.com/cards/popular

Based on those stats, let's jump into the balances & meta analysis:

The Most Used/Strongest/Meta Decks:
Pekka Bridge Spam: https://royaleapi.com/decks/stats/bandit,battle-ram,electro-wizard,minions,pekka,poison,royal-ghost,zap
As a golem user, this deck is *********************. You put down the golem and they bridge spam you like *******. You build up a good push and they drop a *************** PEKKA and poison you night witch. IT'S TIME TO STOP.

Assorted 3M: https://royaleapi.com/decks/stats/bandit,barbarian-barrel,battle-ram,elixir-collector,fireball,hunter,ice-golem,three-musketeers
Slightly less annoying for me, but still. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO POISON? 3M is getting to be everywhere, and with the support of the battle ram and bandit (notice any common denominators?), it is bordering on unstoppable.

No-Skill Balloon/Graveyard Freeze:
https://royaleapi.com/decks/stats/baby-dragon,balloon,barbarian-barrel,bowler,freeze,inferno-dragon,lumberjack,tornado and https://royaleapi.com/decks/stats/baby-dragon,barbarian-barrel,bowler,freeze,graveyard,ice-wizard,inferno-dragon,tornado
Wow, you're so skilled, you can freeze my night witch defending against the graveyard. Even higher skill-cap plays: freeze my push and splash it to death. Freeze is maybe, just a little, broken.

Not included on this list but are meta anyways:
2.6 Hog (Insane skill ceiling)
Barb hut 3M (wut?)
Lavaloon (took it long enough)
Log bait variations (not really that strong)

With these decks in mind, what can we see?
  • Bridge spam involving Battle ram is strong, in both pekka control and 3M
  • Freeze is broken
  • Barb hut is the reincarnation of goblin hut

Therefore:
Preliminary note: I do not mean for all if these to be implemented together. Instead, I believe that only a selection actually reach the game (like thats going to happen). Otherwise, some decks would get HUGE nerfs.
Battle Ram: 4% Health Nerf (to 726 from 756)
Battle ram, with 30 less health, should reach the tower less often, making it a higher-risk card, instead of one that can just be spammed at the bridge whenever you are 1 elixir above your opponent. A minor change is that it now dies to fireball-zap.
Three Musketeers: Cannot be placed behind King Tower.
This is a weird one, I know. But slowing the spawn speed might actually buff three musketeers, since there can now be a bigger push. This change means that to split the Three Musketeers, you now need to place it IN FRONT of the king tower, where they are more vulnerable to tornado. Additionally, the pushes now have 3 less seconds to build in, since the musketeers have been split 4 tiles up.
Pekka: 4% Health Nerf (to 3320 from 3458)
Up until now, out of the medium tanks of Mega Knight, Giant, and Pekka, Pekka had the most health, even though her attack is so strong. And nowadays, we are feeling the effects of this. As much as I love big mama Pekka, and as much as I want to say she is balanced, the sad truth is that the centerpiece of the Pekka Bridge Spam deck that has been meta for nearly a year now is Pekka. Not Battle Ram, but the sheer defensive and then counter push potential of PEKKA. A health reduction would decrease both, with PEKKA dying faster on defense, where she is a monolith, and dying faster on counter push, where she often gains too much attention and value.
Barbarian Hut: -7% Health Nerf (to 1800 from 1936)
Nope, this building is both a continuous value-maker, as it spawns so many high-damage barbarians, and is a defensive rock with its 2000 health. A nerf to health is pretty much the only thing we can touch, so this nerf will reduce its strong defensive capabilities while allowing it to remain in its role.
Freeze: -0.3 sec freeze. (to 4.7 from 5.0)
This card is broken. It is meant to be a surprise card, not one that can tossed out whenever. I feel like -0.5 sec would be better.
Cannon Cart: 4.79% Health Nerf (to 696 from 731), Hit Rate to 1.2 sec from 1.3
They killed this card. It is occasionally lower than the Magic Archer now. This balance removes the unnecessarily high health of the cannon cart for its role, which is a relic of mega knight dominance, and restores some of its former hit speed glory.
Magic Archer: Initial attack restored, Spawn Speed +.5 sec
On a related note, following ErnieC3's suggestion, the initial initial hit of the magic archer is delayed (effectively what the spawn speed does).

Honorable Mentions:
  • Bomber, Witch, etc.: They will be addressed at a future date. I need to think of good buffs.
  • Royal Recruits: They're coming down again.
  • Royal Hogs, Hunter: They seem to be gaining in popularity again, but aren't OP yet.
  • Mega Knight: A pekka nerf is a buff to him.
And I think that's all. What do you guys think, that the question is.
ferrell34
IGN - Rage4Wage, Trophies: 4000-4300, PB - 4320
Resident Golem Champion
Consider Joining a Sir Tag Family Clan

Comments

• killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    According to one of the youtubers (I think it was ash but I’m not sure) Rumhamm admitted 3M is too strong but they aren’t sure how to nerf it without messing up musk.

I agree with most of your suggestions with the exception of cannon cart which I rarely see.

I think both bandit and miner are a little strong and overused.

I would buff gob giant as its still nowhere to be seen (though a pekka nerf might help the gob giant)

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • TotillityTotillity Posts: 184Member
    killer wrote: »
    According to one of the youtubers (I think it was ash but I’m not sure) Rumhamm admitted 3M is too strong but they aren’t sure how to nerf it without messing up musk.

I agree with most of your suggestions with the exception of cannon cart which I rarely see.

I think both bandit and miner are a little strong and overused.

I would buff gob giant as its still nowhere to be seen (though a pekka nerf might help the gob giant)

Actually, I do have a Goblin Giant idea. While the spear goblins are on his back, how about increasing their attack speed to 1.3 sec, so they don't just tickle cards. When they drop, they can be regular spear goblins with a 1.7 sec hit speed.

Cannon cart is really bad and rarely seen, that is the point of the rework.
    IGN - Rage4Wage, Trophies: 4000-4300, PB - 4320
    Resident Golem Champion
    Consider Joining a Sir Tag Family Clan
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,095Member
    Oops, I somehow got confused and thought you were nerfing cannon cart.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise