Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Balance Changes From Fellow Forums User

This is my first balance changes on this forum and I hope you can respect my hard work (whether you agree or not).

Skeleton Army: Count to 16

Skeleton Army was really OP at 16 doots back then , but with the subsequent Goblin Gang release, this overload of calcium is rarely seen at competitive play. Adding 2 Skeletons can make Skeleton Army a viable alternative to the Goblin Gang.

Wizard: Spawn Damage Added

The Wizard is overshadowed by the Executioner which has almost twice the health for the same elixir. Adding a splash spawn damage which deals half the damage as the Wizard's Fireball might get the Wizard to be used in competitive play. However, the Wizard is really popular and strong in mid-arenas where the Executioner isn't unlocked yet, so that might cause a problem in these arenas.

Guards: Shield Hitpoints Increased by 21%

This change will disallow The Log and Arrows to one-shot the Guards' shields which makes them very vulnerable on defense and useless on offense. Multiple other troops are now unable to one-shot the Guards' shields, which will make them more deadly on defense.

Knight: Hitpoints Reduced by 12%

The Knight is one of the strongest mini-tanks in the game, being especially versatile on defense. A 12% hit point decrease will let it be one-shot by a Rocket, already a 6-3 elixir trade. This might also boost the usage of the Valkyrie, which is currently rarely seen in competitive play.

Ice Golem: Elixir Cost Increased to 3

If Knight gets a nerf, then Ice Golem will be the dominant mini-tank. Increasing the Ice Golem's cost to 3 because of the Knight nerf will not only not increase its usage; it can slow down the current fast-paced meta everyone's annoyed about.

Fireball: Damage Decreased by 9%

This will lessen the overleveling for the Fireball in Clash Royale. Currently, a Fireball can one-shot a Wizard, Musketeer, and Electro Wizard one level lower. This can be a problem in ladder especially when someone is using a low leveled Three Musketeers. Decreasing the Fireball's damage will force the Fireball to be two levels higher to one-shots the previously-mentioned troops.

Lightning: Elixir Cost Decreased to 5, OR
Rocket: Elixir Cost Increased to 7

The Lightning is currently much weaker and less used in competitive play than the Rocket. An elixir decrease in the Lightning or an elixir increase in the Rocket will differentiate these two spells, the Lightning being the cheaper one being that it deals less damage and only targets three units. I consider the elixir cost decrease because if the Rocket is increased, Elixir Collectors wouldn't be able to be directly taken out for a neutral elixir trade.

Hog Rider: Initial Hit Delay Increased by 0.5 Seconds

The Hog Rider is currently very strong and hated by the community, being the highest-used win condition in the game. It seems to always get a hit on the tower in competitive play. Increasing his initial hit by half a second will slow down the current fast-paced meta.

Lava Pups: Now Deal Splash Damage (Like a Baby Dragon (In a Nutshell))

The Lava Pups spawned from the Lava Hound are just weak Minions that attack slower. In addition, the Lava Hound is very weak and can be ignored on offense unlike the Giant or Golem. Making the Lava Pups deal splash with increase the Lava Hound's usage in competitive play as well as adding a new alternative to cheap low-health swarms.

Skeleton Barrel: Now Deals Charge Damage

The Skeleton Barrel is very underpowered right now. It can be ignored when reaching your tower; only the Skeletons have to be dealt with. I think a Bait-like feature can be added to the Skeleton Barrel where you need to use one unit to defend two offensive attacks. However, this can add another alternative to Bait decks, which are very popular and very annoying to deal with. The Skeleton Barrel has yet to popularize since it hasn't even been officially released yet, but Supercell can experiment with buffs, because the Skeleton Barrel is exteremly underpowered.

Mega Knight: Hitpoints Decreased by 3%, Walking Glitch Removed

The Mega Knight's mustache provides way too much power, having one of the highest winrate in the game. Being a very popular win condition in Arena 10 and a very high winrate in challenges, Mega Knight deserves a small nerf. The weird interaction where the Mega Knight walks to a unit instead of jumping to it when he's far enough will also be removed.

Mortar: Range Glitch Removed

When a troop attacking the Mortar is placed exactly on its sight range, the Mortar doesn't shoot anything and just sits there. This can be very annoying to all Mortar users and possibly game-changing.

Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon: Resets Beam When Taking Out Shields

The Inferno Tower and Dragon shouldn't tear through shields then tear through the actual troop. This is also an indirect buff to the Guards, Dark Prince, and Cannon Cart, three very underused and underpowered cards in the game.

Bats: Speed Decreased to Fast

The Bats are flying Skeletons, so they should act like flying Skeletons! The Bats are currently faster than these doots, which really helps the fast-paced meta and kind of replaces Minions in competitive play. With their speed decreased, they will be less threatening with quick pushes and make the Minions an alternate card in competitive play.

Freeze: Radius Increased by 0.5 Tiles

The Freeze was once of the best cards in the game with a big radius, but with gameplay strategy changes and new card releases, it's very underpowered. Increasing its radius more might make it an alternative to other very popular spells in competitive play.

Royal Giant and Elite Barbarians: Complete Rework

Royal Giant and Elite Barbarians are the only two heavy win conditions that are also Common, very underpowered at torunament standard but somewhat overpowered when overleveled in the ladder mode. A complete rework is needed for these two controversial troops for they are a very broken concept, not nesesscarily positively.

Comment below for what you like and/or dislike and/or what you want to change. Thanks for reading.

Balance Changes
  1. How Do You Like These Balance Changes12 votes
    1. All of Them
        8.33%
    2. Most of Them
      25.00%
    3. Some of Them
      41.67%
    4. Few of Them
      16.67%
    5. None of Them
        8.33%
I'm a Supercell Forums refugee! My Forum username is BombtowerOP, so some people might recognize me there.

Comments

• OmgItsEthanOmgItsEthan Posts: 1,020Member
    Bats are fine their speed is what makes them a big more special than just flipying skeletons

Dont know about skele barrel

Lightning to 5

Rest seems ok
    Oh ma gash guys its ya boi Ethan

Memes are best

Join the best clan Moonbeam
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/921/recruiting-come-join-moonbeam-hollow-4000#latest

Idk what else to put here m8

9yo Army

• WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    Skeleton Army: ok. Especially with Goblin Gang's current power. I don't think two skellies will really make a difference.
    Wizard: yup. See my preferred balance changes thread.
    Guards: wait, what? I don't understand. It seems like you're contradicting yourself.
    Knight: way too much health removed.
    Ice Golem: NO WAY! Health per elixir drops by 33%!!!
    Fireball: no way. Poison is already more powerful imo.
    I prefer the Lightning buff to the Rocket nerf. 5 elixir seems like a good cost with what it is now.
    Hog Rider: ehhh. See my balance thread.
    Lava Pups: no.
    Skeleton Barrel: how would this work?!
    Mega Knight: no.
    Mortar: of course.
    Inferno cards: of course.
    Bats: no. Look at this: Skeletons: weak, slow - Goblins: strong, fast - Bats: weak, fast - Minions: strong, slow. That's how it works.
    Freeze: BIG change. Not sure I like it.
    eBarbs and RG: again, see my suggested balance changes thread.
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • LegoTrooperLegoTrooper Posts: 187Member
    This is my first balance changes on this forum and I hope you can respect my hard work (whether you agree or not).

Skeleton Army: Count to 16

Skeleton Army was really OP at 16 doots back then , but with the subsequent Goblin Gang release, this overload of calcium is rarely seen at competitive play. Adding 2 Skeletons can make Skeleton Army a viable alternative to the Goblin Gang.
    Nerfing Goblingang is better since swarms already have great value.
    Wizard: Spawn Damage Added

The Wizard is overshadowed by the Executioner which has almost twice the health for the same elixir. Adding a splash spawn damage which deals half the damage as the Wizard's Fireball might get the Wizard to be used in competitive play. However, the Wizard is really popular and strong in mid-arenas where the Executioner isn't unlocked yet, so that might cause a problem in these arenas.
    Wizard is already widely used, and spawn damage is a ledgendary feature since they are the only cards that spawn in the air. Buffing go to survive poison is a better buff.
    Guards: Shield Hitpoints Increased by 21%

This change will disallow The Log and Arrows to one-shot the Guards' shields which makes them very vulnerable on defense and useless on offense. Multiple other troops are now unable to one-shot the Guards' shields, which will make them more deadly on defense.
    agreed
    Knight: Hitpoints Reduced by 12%

The Knight is one of the strongest mini-tanks in the game, being especially versatile on defense. A 12% hit point decrease will let it be one-shot by a Rocket, already a 6-3 elixir trade. This might also boost the usage of the Valkyrie, which is currently rarely seen in competitive play.
    A bit to much of an hp nerf it should get reduced hitpoints but this is basically reverting it's only buff it got when it was trash.
    Ice Golem: Elixir Cost Increased to 3

If Knight gets a nerf, then Ice Golem will be the dominant mini-tank. Increasing the Ice Golem's cost to 3 because of the Knight nerf will not only not increase its usage; it can slow down the current fast-paced meta everyone's annoyed about.
    A simple hp decrease is all that is needed. For 3 elixer it will provide no value.
    Fireball: Damage Decreased by 9%

This will lessen the overleveling for the Fireball in Clash Royale. Currently, a Fireball can one-shot a Wizard, Musketeer, and Electro Wizard one level lower. This can be a problem in ladder especially when someone is using a low leveled Three Musketeers. Decreasing the Fireball's damage will force the Fireball to be two levels higher to one-shots the previously-mentioned troops.
    Okay? I guess.
    Lightning: Elixir Cost Decreased to 5, OR
    Rocket: Elixir Cost Increased to 7

The Lightning is currently much weaker and less used in competitive play than the Rocket. An elixir decrease in the Lightning or an elixir increase in the Rocket will differentiate these two spells, the Lightning being the cheaper one being that it deals less damage and only targets three units. I consider the elixir cost decrease because if the Rocket is increased, Elixir Collectors wouldn't be able to be directly taken out for a neutral elixir trade.
    decreasing rocket damage is better,
    lightning for 5 elixer is OP and rocket for 7 is about as op as clone for 5 elixer.

Hog Rider: Initial Hit Delay Increased by 0.5 Seconds

The Hog Rider is currently very strong and hated by the community, being the highest-used win condition in the game. It seems to always get a hit on the tower in competitive play. Increasing his initial hit by half a second will slow down the current fast-paced meta.
    would prefer a battleram nerf but the nerf is OK.
    Lava Pups: Now Deal Splash Damage (Like a Baby Dragon (In a Nutshell))

The Lava Pups spawned from the Lava Hound are just weak Minions that attack slower. In addition, the Lava Hound is very weak and can be ignored on offense unlike the Giant or Golem. Making the Lava Pups deal splash with increase the Lava Hound's usage in competitive play as well as adding a new alternative to cheap low-health swarms.
    This should go with a tiny damage buff to make the slash damage affective against minon horde.
    Skeleton Barrel: Now Deals Charge Damage

The Skeleton Barrel is very underpowered right now. It can be ignored when reaching your tower; only the Skeletons have to be dealt with. I think a Bait-like feature can be added to the Skeleton Barrel where you need to use one unit to defend two offensive attacks. However, this can add another alternative to Bait decks, which are very popular and very annoying to deal with. The Skeleton Barrel has yet to popularize since it hasn't even been officially released yet, but Supercell can experiment with buffs, because the Skeleton Barrel is exteremly underpowered.
    agree.
    Mega Knight: Hitpoints Decreased by 3%, Walking Glitch Removed

The Mega Knight's mustache provides way too much power, having one of the highest winrate in the game. Being a very popular win condition in Arena 10 and a very high winrate in challenges, Mega Knight deserves a small nerf. The weird interaction where the Mega Knight walks to a unit instead of jumping to it when he's far enough will also be removed.
    agree, all charging
    Mortar: Range Glitch Removed

When a troop attacking the Mortar is placed exactly on its sight range, the Mortar doesn't shoot anything and just sits there. This can be very annoying to all Mortar users and possibly game-changing.
    Yes, mortar already has a high skill level.
    Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon: Resets Beam When Taking Out Shields

The Inferno Tower and Dragon shouldn't tear through shields then tear through the actual troop. This is also an indirect buff to the Guards, Dark Prince, and Cannon Cart, three very underused and underpowered cards in the game.
    Yes!, But it will still be very cycle able.(to long lifetime)
    Bats: Speed Decreased to Fast

The Bats are flying Skeletons, so they should act like flying Skeletons! The Bats are currently faster than these doots, which really helps the fast-paced meta and kind of replaces Minions in competitive play. With their speed decreased, they will be less threatening with quick pushes and make the Minions an alternate card in competitive play.
    Maybe, but it would remove the uniqueness of the card.
    Freeze: Radius Increased by 0.5 Tiles

The Freeze was once of the best cards in the game with a big radius, but with gameplay strategy changes and new card releases, it's very underpowered. Increasing its radius more might make it an alternative to other very popular spells in competitive play.
    Yes, or a simple duration to a bit higher.
    Royal Giant and Elite Barbarians: Complete Rework

Royal Giant and Elite Barbarians are the only two heavy win conditions that are also Common, very underpowered at torunament standard but somewhat overpowered when overleveled in the ladder mode. A complete rework is needed for these two controversial troops for they are a very broken concept, not nesesscarily positively.
    Yes, but this is no balance change.
    Comment below for what you like and/or dislike and/or what you want to change. Thanks for reading.

The skeletonbarrel and lavahound buffs were the best.

I like very few of them, thoughts in Bold
    7trnzfq8legh.png
    (Pixel Signature by: TheSpaghettiMobile.)

I'm still waiting for battleram to get buffed..... Because I have more success with a level 5 skelebarrel than a tourney standard ram.
  • nasnas Posts: 1Member
    Interesting. A lot of changes though
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 456Member
    Skeleton Army: ok. I think the last nerf was not needed.

Wizard: NO, we dont need another op as hell like EW type of card

Guards: shiels survives log, but now arrows would be my buff

Knight: too big of a nerf. Maybe 6%?

Ice Golem: IG is fine.

Fireball: nope. Reduce the tower damage from all spells, but troop interactions unchanged.

Undo the last Lightning nerf and its all good.

Hog Rider: fine

Lava Pups: this is interesting. Something has to he done. Maybe this is it.

Skeleton Barrel: I just said the same thing to my clanmate an hour ago.

Mega Knight: looks goid

Mortar: yep

Inferno cards: yep

Bats: judt remove the fifth Bat

Freeze: Worth a try

EBarbs: dmg buff and health nerf, imo.

RG: nerf range, buff either hp or dmg.

Lot of good suggestion. Good job!
  • Basically, if Knight gets nerfed, Ice Golem would powercreep the Knight and be the dominant mini tank, kind of like the Executioner and the Wizard or Lightning or Rocket. That's why Ice Golem also needs a nerf. It's too strong IMO anyway.
    I'm a Supercell Forums refugee! My Forum username is BombtowerOP, so some people might recognize me there.
  • Elow228Elow228 Posts: 73Member
    Wizard will be too OP with that buff you have listed to go along with the Fireball nerf. He's a glass cannon for a reason and Fireball helps keep him in check.
  • Elow228 wrote: »
    Wizard will be too OP with that buff you have listed to go along with the Fireball nerf. He's a glass cannon for a reason and Fireball helps keep him in check.

But the Wizard is currently be overshadowed by the Executioner.
  • CarlsonCarlson Posts: 1,059Member
    EB and RG: Nerf Hit speed, damage, hp and for rg, range by 0.5 tiles, that will make them a bit less overpowered
    Please, read the rules and explanations
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Thanks to JcttehTheWise for his amazing signature and his wonderful art!
    Please check out his shop!
    Right here!
  • TrainfeebTrainfeeb Posts: 80Member
    Rework IMO:

Ebarbs and RG are now rare

EB: HP increased by 4%
    RG: Range decreased by .5, damage up by 7%.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,121Moderator
    Reducing the RG's range will kill the card. His range IMO is perfectly fine
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • TrainerGoshiTrainerGoshi Posts: 46Member
    Big no to the Fireball change and RG & EB change. The rest seems fine.
    MasterCal wrote: »

I mean they can get its range nerfed, but if it stays, then it needs an hp and damage nerf (small nerf, not too small and not too large)
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Right here!
  • TrainerGoshiTrainerGoshi Posts: 46Member
    Carlson wrote: »

I mean they can get its range nerfed, but if it stays, then it needs an hp and damage nerf (small nerf, not too small and not too large)

You must be joking...

It's already relatively weak as it is and you want to nerf it even more?

You must be joking...

It's already relatively weak as it is and you want to nerf it even more?

Change of plans, convert it to rare. Not a nerf, not a buff. Prevents overleveling. Refunds the gold cuz it has to return to lvl 1. applies to e barbs
    right here!

XZbonr8.jpg
    Right here!