Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Embarrassed for anyone who has said Siege needs a buff!!

The winners of the first 3 global tournaments have all been playing either Xbow or Mortar decks right? Last challenge the winner went 117 - 4 with an Xbow deck. There are Siege Scrubs here who've argued that that archetype needs a buff. A pathetic request when there are players out there with a 95% win rate!

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,160Member
    The winners of the first 3 global tournaments have all been playing either Xbow or Mortar decks right? Last challenge the winner went 117 - 4 with an Xbow deck. There are Siege Scrubs here who've argued that that archetype needs a buff. A pathetic request when there are players out there with a 95% win rate!

Do not forget that Archers and Tesla got buffed recently (although Ice Wizard got debuffed however).
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 479Member
    edited December 2018
    People are just crybabies. Siege and especially Mortar has been good forever.

On a more serious note. Couple of last metas has been full of good cotrol decks and heavy beatdown, which are hard for siege. Now we have more deck variety and x-bow is back in business as a serius metadeck. Obv archers and Tesla buffs dont hurt either.

Mortar has evolved from siege to miner/hog cycle, which is a different story.
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 340Member
    I think X-Bow alone isn't very strong but I admint that I don't have an idea for a buff. Only like Inferno Tower, give the x-bow 3% more health.
    The shift was to mortar because it's a cheap cycle card. Giant is always stronger than X-Bow and can built up a huge elixir advantage. Only a very bad Giant player loses to X-Bow.
    But I have to admit too that I can get only 8 wins in the global challenge, that's so far away of 100 wins that it doesn't matter which deck I play!
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,207Member
    kitsune42 wrote: »
    I think X-Bow alone isn't very strong but I admint that I don't have an idea for a buff. Only like Inferno Tower, give the x-bow 3% more health.
    The shift was to mortar because it's a cheap cycle card. Giant is always stronger than X-Bow and can built up a huge elixir advantage. Only a very bad Giant player loses to X-Bow.
    But I have to admit too that I can get only 8 wins in the global challenge, that's so far away of 100 wins that it doesn't matter which deck I play!

I think you are missing the point... all the highest winners in the global challenges are playing siege. A sign the decks don’t need buffs.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    oh indeed my deck is at 10th rank in ladder. I can be more confident knowing that it is still strong. So I will try to climb higher in ladder again!!!!!!! This information is really great.
    I looked Clash with Ash for tipps for my x-bow deck. Nova I Karnage share 3 or 4 games as a replay. He plays the x-bow really aggressive. I thought x-bow is an absolute defence card.
    Before the youtube I was winning and losing at 4650 more likely to lose but after the pro tipp I climed to 4900. The first time in my life so high. But maybe it was only good luck and I go to a loosing streak if I'll play again. I am very afraid now. Or maybe it's even possible to climb higher!!! But with this offensive strategy I sometimes overcommit and I have no chance to count elixir so I lost on my way up some games 0:3 very quickly.
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,448Moderator
    It's amazing how Siege became more popular in this META just from a Tesla tweak and Archer's rounding error fix. I'm not saying that Siege isn't viable before the latest changes, but the way Siege came back to the community as a respected archetype is unpredictable.
    EarthThis signature is my city
    I don't use Tesla and I don't use archers!