Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

The Resist spell

GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,118Member
edited December 2018 in Ideas & Feature Requests
This is yet another card that I was thinking that should be added in the game. It is the Resist spell. It works similar to Rage but instead of increasing Speed and Attack Speed, it increases Hitpoints instead.

Stats
Cost: 2 Elixir
Duration: 7.5 seconds
Hitpoint Boost: 67

Offensive Capabilities
Offensively, it is not that good. Hitpoints is a defensive stat, not an offensive stat. Though it still have some uses like using it on Lava Pups to survive Arrows or on Royal Hogs to still connect on the Princess Tower before the opponent uses Fireball on them. But it is better to use a Rage spell instead.

Defensive Capabilities
This is where it reallly shines. With this spell, some troops like Princess, Flying Machine or Sparky can survive spells that would normally counter them like Arrows, Fireball or Rocket. However that requires either amazing timing or to predict those spells, which is not impossible since those spells do not connect instantly. Note that it can affect buildings too like Tombstones, Teslas, X-Bows and even Crown Towers. However those buildings will still expire the same time as every second they will lose more Hitpoints.

How to counter this card
Spells usually do not have counters but not all of them are invincible. Resist has its counters too. First and foremost the Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon are unaware of the boost and they will kill the affected troops no matter how tanky they are. Secondly, Zap and Freeze have a speed advantage since they are instant. Furthermore, stuff that deals higher damage will still work like Bomber will still OHKO Goblins, even after the boost. Lastly, you can cast Tornado to drag troops away from the Area and lose the boost. Also if they get damaged but still survive, then their hitpoints will go down to their respective. So it cannot heal them.
ferrell34
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments

• ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,437Moderator
    Good idea. Prediction requiring game style/ decks were never a thing in this game, this card should be a good introduction to this playstyle.

From my understanding, it's like Heal but it's temporary and can suprass the HP limit (which ironically isn't Heal but i think i've put the best way to explain Resist spell).

The only problem with your idea is upgrading. As i can assume right now, the only thing you can upgrade it's either duration or health boost percentage. Cards that upgrades non-number values are fundamentally broken as proved with Rage and Old Freeze.

To fix this, the Health boost should change from percentage to real numbers while keeping the duration the same all levels.

I am thinking at Tournament Standart, Resist spell should provide 66 HP. As small the number it may seem but it's able to make:
    - Princess survives Log
    - Sparky survives Rocket
    - Flying Machine survives Fireball
    - Wizard, EWiz, Musketeer survives Poison
    - Elixir Collector survives Lightning
    - Zappies survives MK's Spawn/ Jump Damage

-1 level Resist spell will not save Flying Machine from Fireball, Elixir Collector from Lightning, and Bandit from Fireball+Log. Making it more reasonable to upgrade at ladder.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 3,118Member
    ferrell34 wrote: »
    Good idea. Prediction requiring game style/ decks were never a thing in this game, this card should be a good introduction to this playstyle.

From my understanding, it's like Heal but it's temporary and can suprass the HP limit (which ironically isn't Heal but i think i've put the best way to explain Resist spell).

The only problem with your idea is upgrading. As i can assume right now, the only thing you can upgrade it's either duration or health boost percentage. Cards that upgrades non-number values are fundamentally broken as proved with Rage and Old Freeze.

To fix this, the Health boost should change from percentage to real numbers while keeping the duration the same all levels.

I am thinking at Tournament Standart, Resist spell should provide 66 HP. As small the number it may seem but it's able to make:
    - Princess survives Log
    - Sparky survives Rocket
    - Flying Machine survives Fireball
    - Wizard, EWiz, Musketeer survives Poison
    - Elixir Collector survives Lightning
    - Zappies survives MK's Spawn/ Jump Damage

-1 level Resist spell will not save Flying Machine from Fireball, Elixir Collector from Lightning, and Bandit from Fireball+Log. Making it more reasonable to upgrade at ladder.

Nice although I will raise it to 67 so that can survive one extra hit from a Skeleton, Bat and Spear Goblin.
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • brainiacboybrainiacboy Posts: 624Member
    I actually have been thinking that this concept should be included in rage, not as a separate card.
    The Proud Real Madrid And Juventus Supporter

https://communityroyale.com/discussion/7467/brainiacboys-ama#latest

check out my AMA!!!